The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why is this allowed to happen?

2»

Comments

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

Boy does that sound like what you would see on reddit indeed...

Terrible ideas... does'nt even make any sense by lore of the game as the entity does want the survivors killed still, why would it go against the killer? *thinking meme*

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

No killer main I have ever talked to has ever stated that taking the game hostage was ok because it was basement.

In fact the closest thing to an allowance I have ever heard was if a pig body blocks you in the basement with an active bear trap in which case it's not taking the game hostage as you're going to die so they are valid

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    edited May 2019

Ikr right? It's almost like it's a survivor meme that folks only ever see survivors posts in order to actually try and create false arguments~ : P

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

From my experience, try moon walking, its difficult but you will bypass the hitbox

• atemahawke7
    atemahawke7 Member Posts: 1

So, when survs do this is ok and funny but whenever a killer do it it's bad and toxic??? Hahahaha go FY stop crying for everything and if u want the bodyblock to stop the STOP DOING IT YOURSLEVES

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

Killer should be banned for taking the game hostage.

• Scal3r
    Scal3r Member Posts: 188

The only reason I have a problem with body blocking the basement is because as a survivor there is literally no way to get around it. It is physically impossible to get out if the killer does not move, there is no way to out play it or get around it. I agree the basement is supposed to be a dangerous place and it is already a risk going to save a person from the basement. It is highly in the killers favor no matter what but there should still be room for counter play.

• Lmronby
    Lmronby Member Posts: 339

Oh but it is bannable; holding the game hostage like that is an offense. Although not a bug

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 439

I think, that if it doesn't last longer than fifteen minutes, it can't be considered as holding the game hostage.

There is definitely set some ammount of time, when it becomes holding the game hostage.

So, if it won't get longer, it can't be taken as holding the game hostage, by my opinion. If that Killer has been blocking you for that time, it's definitely marked as a bannable offense, or, at least, I think so..

• scarslookgood
    scarslookgood Member Posts: 157

Body blocking is kinda scuzzy, but if it's several of us in the basement (which happens fairly often as we're not on voice comm so more than one person tries to help a hooked ally), I usually just wave the Killer down to come hook me and they're good sport enough to accept rather than continue blocking the stairs for everyone. I don't care if I lose a pip, it's not like it can't be earned back, and it gives the other Survivors a chance to get out.

Should this degree of blocking happen during EGC, it's a bigger problem because it forces all the Survivors to die for what was meant to be a single Altruistic act (acts which are encouraged in both BP payout and ranking, so call us stupid all you like, but the gamble is fun and worth some extra BP). But generally speaking, as long as the Killer is willing to move to come get me as a guaranteed hook, I have no issue with it. The conflict here is the Killer's unwillingness to move for any reason.

It looks like one of the previous comments mentions that the user was temp-banned for this, which suggests body blocking to that extreme isn't tolerated or ignored by BHVR, when reported.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

Its not allowed if the game can't end. If you're just held there its reportable.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Bodyblocking isn't reportable. THe gam also wasn't technically held hostage as there was a free survivor who could have went and done gens to progress the game. Educate yourself with the posted rules for reporting section.

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

Yea that's definitely holding the game hostage by just standing there:( and I'm a killer main too but I dont do that. If there's a survivor in the basement going for the save I go down and either down them or hit them as they come up. So I don't know way that killer main is doing that by just standing there.

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

Heck he's not even attacking

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

Bodyblocking is one of the few strategies killers have to even make impact in the basement.

But holding the game hostage shouldnt be working.

You should be able to pierce through the killer if you run against them for like 10 seconds.

• Caffeine
    Caffeine Member Posts: 83

Actually - body blocking the basement like this and holding the game hostage is very much a bannable offense. I hope you reported it.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164

Ok, this is holding games hostage.

It's bannable but shouldn't be removed as when used legally it's viable. Legally she should have hit you guys and let you out.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

@fluffybunny I didn't say this is taking game hostage when survivors do. I'm just saying this isn't less scummy, but from survivor view this is awesome play. There's nothing more ****ing me off like getting trapped by a survivor sneaking behind you. That body blocking is legit strategy, Killers blocking is scummy. And just waiting for the comments now that I always hear at that point

And to make something clear, I don't favor the above playstyle, it just should not be bannable if the killer does not get any points, no progress, let all the gens get done, gates open and give the survivors an easy escape.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
  • Tydie
    Tydie Member Posts: 126
    edited May 2019

you guys are saying this is a viable strat, but she didn't even attempt to hit us for 5 minutes. for all we know she walked away from the keyboard. i just think thats bull.

Post edited by Tydie on
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@Deadeye I'll say this again. The major difference is one role can't get out if they're being blocked and the other can. That's why it isn't against the rules for survivors to block you for three minutes 'cause you should be able to smack your way out and choose not to. And that's why killers blocking survivors for 3+ minutes is against the rules. The only thing survivors can do in this situation is DC.

Again, survivors can't escape and only method of escape is DC. Killers can smack their way out. It's against the rules to put people in a situation where they're forced to DC.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

what was shown in the video is certainly not allowed.

however, if both you you would have been living on a timer (e.g. hooked) this is a legitimate strategy that the killer is allowed to use.

taking the game hostage however is forbidden. report her with the video you used to show to us and she'll get a ban.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

But if you press forward against them the only way they can move is backward and eventually they will move back enough you can slip past.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

I dont mind smaller killer hitboxes, there's more to the game than looping.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited May 2019

It's funny how many people in this thread consider this not holding the game hostage.

People freak out over 10 seconds of teabagging but this? This is okay.

Killers would actually benefit tremendously from a smaller hitbox. Cutting corners will be easier and faster, survivors wouldn't be able to body block hooks very well, and those stupid looking pallet stuns that touch your pinky toe won't happen.

Making the hitbox small enough to allow a survivor to pass through on the stairs would actually make looping nigh impossible. It also would make chunky killers look dumb when survivors phase right through them.

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943

This is so very common. However they did patch it in the latest patch so hopefully we get less trolls.

This is not about strategic game play. This is about Killer's who purposely hold the game hostage and force survivors to DC so they can get to another game because the killer won't hit them.