How much do you play Killer?

Options
Endorb
Endorb Member Posts: 151

I'm just curious how much the people browsing the survivor forum actually play the other side, since there is a lot of animosity between killers and survivors which, while thematic, is probably not the best for players' enjoyment of the game.

I, myself, play survivor about 60% of my total time, though in the past few months I've trended to it being about 40-45% of the time, with killer the other 55-60%

Comments

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

I’m rank 8 on both sides if that tells you.

• Endorb
    Endorb Member Posts: 151
    Options

I mean, rank isn't necessarily related to time spent. Hell, it's a really faulty measure of skill, even.

• legion_main
    legion_main Member Posts: 483
    Options

I play survivor a little more but both my killer and survivor are about the same rank

• PunL
    PunL Member Posts: 136
    Options

Depends how much time i have and how many of my friends are online. But i guess its about 60% Survivor, 40% Killer.

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681
    Options

I play killer on weekends when i can drink heavily + pip my bloodlust.

Survivor 1-2x during the work week for a few laughs (and sobering near death/death experiences.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

Rank 1 for both. Probably something like 70/30 for survivor/killer.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

60/40 I'd guess.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

60 survivor 40 killer I should say.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

I don't play as much killer as I do survivor, mainly because of the stress and frustration. 75/25% survivor/killer ratio, I'm guessing.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    Options

99% of my games are solo survivor. I just dont find playing killer fun, others do thats fine each to their own. I just enjoy survivor more.

I have put lots of points into killers though, theyre all strong perk wise for if i ever start playing killer more often. Theyre all lvl 50 and some, i'll never prestige any.

I dont even do killer dailys anymore, i just leave them or try trade them out for survivor dailys.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options

75% killer, 25% survivor.

I really struggle to escape with survivor. I usually get tunneled or one-hooked.

• drunky26
    drunky26 Member Posts: 686
    Options

I play both sides a lot, but there are times where I get demolished by a swf group that teabaggs and spams flashlights, you know, typical stuff, which kinda de-motivates me from playing killer.

If it wasn't for all the toxicity, I'd play the killer a lot more.

• Kurisataru
    Kurisataru Member Posts: 460
    Options

Mainly survivor, but I came into dbd knowing I'd main killer. Doing it slowly but surely. So far if I play killer it's to test ideas and my mindgame/prediction against survivors, sometimes just to get a good laugh seeing what kind of fuckery they can do to or around me. Things I don't normally see when I'm a survivor working the good ol gens. I laugh a lot in this game on both sides. Yesterday I was playing legion and hit a wall before losing my power while facing the wall and a meg just crouched and looked at me like I was a dunce so I nodded at her and walked away like nothing happened. Killer is more fun if you play it the way you want to and not with so much pressure to be good at it like we're constantly talking about in this community.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited May 2019
    Options

P3 everyone on both sides (except for Legion. Was waiting for the changes to go live before I do) and I'm rank 3 on survivor, 6 on killer. The only reason I'm not in red ranks for killer is because I haven't been playing with Ruin or NOED. Besides, I hate the waiting for lobbies at high ranks so I normally stick to purple.

As for survivor the only reason I was rank 3 was because of double bloodpoints.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    Options

I've got a P2 Myers and just got a P3 Trapper. I don't Prestige my killers much because of I've got good perks on them but I plan to P1 Pig soon :P

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    edited May 2019
    Options

I can't make stats on top of my head like this but per sessions i usually play at least 2 games of each, usually survivor first as a way to "warm up".

So i would say i play both sides equally.

• MomoMoon
    MomoMoon Member Posts: 40
    Options

Only for rituals, i don't enjoy playing killer i feel like a big meanie >_<

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

It changes honestly.

Some days I'm only in the mood for killer.

And other days I'm only in the mood for survivor.