SWF with Object of Obsession

rayoxium
rayoxium Member Posts: 112

Object of Obsession is by no means, an over powered perk. You see the survivor, the survivor sees you. Except when its a four man survive with friends, they know exactly where you are the entire game. Those games are the most stressful and zero fun, especially when you play killers that need stealth. RIP pig and wraith.

OoO games are the only ones I disconnect from, I'm not gonna waste my time. I know it isn't common, but just because something is rare doesn't make it fair.

Comments

• Digitalfishstick
    Digitalfishstick Member Posts: 4

This game wasn't originally designed for SWF in mind. I didn't buy the game right after beta because I wanted to play with friends. Naturally people who can communicate with more then points, crouching, or waving are gonna be able to manage their resources more effectively. I discourage anyone from DCing in a game, but I understand the frustration. The best thing you can do is ignore the object player cause that's usually the best player on that group.

• jordirex
    jordirex Member Posts: 204

Object of obsession is an overpowered perk. It shouldn't be on the game.

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504

People who hate on SWF have no friends

Change my mind

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 439
    edited May 2019

It may be annoying, but if you, for example, play with Rin, the Obession is unable to see you during the Phase walk, right?

Because, it's a Spiritual World afterall, and normal people can't just get there, just like the Dream World - You can't get there, if you stay awake.

It's kinda frustrating, but I believe, you can use it for your advantage a bit. During placing the Bear Traps, and Phantasm Traps, fake placing it, and place it somewhere else. They'll think, you have Stitched Bag or Trapper's Bag Add-on, so you should be okay.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

I feel like stealth killers should be inmune to it, just like Myers Tier 1 or Freddy.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

OoO is not overpowered at all, if you reveal yourself to the killer and they see you you can simply go and down them and slug

• Orti
    Orti Member Posts: 198

Fun aura build for swf: open handed, bond and OoO. It's cancer for sure but a lot of fun to play. Also OoO is fine in gerneral it's mostly like alert but wih a downside for the unlimeted time

• Neprašheart

I guess so, you're right.

It may be unfun to play against, but it's still possible.. Except for the cases, when you're forced to Sacrifice the Obession ASAP, even through Save The Best For Last, and to end with zero Tokens - Therefore playing with three Perks.

However, I don't think, that Object Of Obession should take the effect, while the Survivor with such a Perk is Hooked, Downed, and while being Killed (during the animation). That's just weird, and a thing, what makes Object Of Obession one of the most overpowered Perks in this game.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

I run No mither resilience OoO and dead hard personally I consider OoO a good perk not OP by any means if any perk synergy is used it can easily be op like a no mither gen rush team with toolboxes and prove thyself resilience ect.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
  • McCree
    McCree Member Posts: 294

Both Myers in T1 and Freddy are immune to it... Also Spirit in her Phase walk iirc. I don't think the Pig should be able to be unseen if crouched... maybe Wraith but definitely not pig

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

@McCree

Why not? I mean... her crouching is the same kind of "invisibility" as Tier 1 Myers.

• Neprašheart

If is Michael immune to it, if he meets the requirements, then Amanda should be immune to it too, if she meets the requiremets - Whenver she'd be crouching.

Both have zero terror radius that way.. And a fact is, that Michael is more visible than Amanda, because he's tall, while Amada isn't, and she keeps a low profile, while she's crouching.

It seems logical to me, to want Developers to make Amanda immune to it, while she'd be crouching.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

Considering how scarce it is I don't think it's an issue