Options
Heroiq
Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134

^

Comments

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    Options

But there is'nt anything wrong with it, in fact animals do it everyday irl, you don't hear the prey complain about it afterwords either :P

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    Options

nice b8 m8

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371
    edited May 2019
    Options

It totally depends on weather the Killer is a "Gentleman Killer", being the sort of person who wants to play give everyone a second chance.

Some people play the game to have fun and make sure everyone else is having a good time while their at it. (Nothing quite like positive end game chat despite the match outcome to brighten ones day)

Other people play the game to vent their frustrations at the cost of everyone else's enjoyment. (Don't be mad at them, just feel sorry for them and move on).

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767
    Options

Ranks doesn't matter.

Tunneling and campign are often the only way to win a game with a killer not being nurse.

• tgrab
    tgrab Member Posts: 70
    Options

Not fun to get tunneled. :/

• PunL
    PunL Member Posts: 136
    Options

@mcNuggets If ranks doenst matter, then maybe concider deranking to where you dont need to use tunneling and camping.

Do you see the problem?

@NoShinyPony

Thats really sad, because i have made the complete opposit experience where people acknoledge my playstyle at the end and wish me luck and everything :/

Tunneling and camping will always be just a sad excuse for a killer that is not good enough for the rank he plays.

• Orti
    Orti Member Posts: 198
    Options

Tunneling is fine if it happens because of a bad play the survs made or you really need to get a kill to apply pressure. I just don't like to get tunneled for personal reasons somethimg that happens quite frequently on PS4 but still I don't think they should change anything about it. Camping is just boring for everyone but can be necessary too so I don't mind either.

• JFF
    JFF Member Posts: 166
    Options

Showing an outdated video will surely change his mind. But you also forgot to include the video of Matheu saying to play other games or even better when infinites back in the days were considered to be mind games.

• PunL
    Options

@AlexAnarchy This video is now 3 years old, alot of things have changed since then. They even punish (face-)camping now.

You have to do better then this to convince me of camping and tunneling.

Dudes, i play enough killer to know that its hard on top ranks and somewhat impossbile with certain killers. But if you want to play Wraith/Trapper/Clown then maybe purple is your new red?

• AlexAnarchy
    edited May 2019
    Options

oh yes, a slight emblem punishment..whoopty doooooooooo~~~~ , you can make up a false argument better than that and face camping does not even exist anymore, a killer cannot block the unhook prompt from appearing anymore.

I also love your attitude that some killers should just consider purple ther red... what kind of fair thinking mind is that? Certaintly not one who wants balance for this game.

Video is 3 years old huh? and the devs camp on stream, the devs still call it a viable strategy... and oh yeah..they also still state that looping is an unintended mechanic, argue against that salty boy~

But hey, thanks for walking in here and acting like you make the rules, so normal for survivors mains...

• AlexAnarchy
    Options

And yet too this day, teh devs use camping still as they showed in the video and have set no rules that camping is not allowed :P

• FSB75
    FSB75 Member Posts: 474
    Options

Yeah...about a killer's rank. Survivors are in complete and total control of a killer's rank. Just had a match, one DC, one suicide on first hook, one mori, one hatch escape. I killed 66% of participating survivors. De-piped. The survivors didn't provide enough hits, hooks, gens, or chase to pip. So yeah, rank for me, hasn't been a consideration for a long time.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options

I will tunnel and camp all day, if that makes me win the game. Survivors dont care about the killers enjoyment, so why should the killer care about theirs?

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    Options

im sorry but there is no excuse for camping or tunneling, especially the latter. Camping sucks but it could at least be potentially understandable if you didn’t get many hooks and chases or you know someone is nearby. Tunneling though? NO EXCUSE. That’s just a total jerk move to the survivor who wasn’t mean to you and to the one that was, they WANT you to tunnel while their friends get free real estate before saving their MoM ass with borrowed time.

There is someone who is hooked and someone who saved them. Go after the rescuer. If you come across the hooked person, slug and leave them to be healed.

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134
    edited May 2019
    Options

@pemberley camping is a stupid brainless move. no need to speak about it. but if a player was [insert something annoys killers. for example now: flashlight saving]. i won't be surprised if a lot of killers decided to tunnel this survivor.

edit: i meant camping early game. if it was end-game. it would be expected because the killer have nothing to do. but early game, it's just stupid

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,523
    Options

You wouldn't see a wolf let the wounded elk run free, to chase the shirtless elk with pink hair would you?

Why would any killer wanting to win, fall for the classic blunder????

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

It's more tactical you have a choice before you either go after the uninjured or go after the injured that will already be on 2nd hook getting someone out of the game therefore putting gen pressure off by eliminating a person. It's like saying looping is an exploit tunneling is a tactic while not fun for the survivor try not farming and if the killer is camping do gens.

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651
    Options

Tunneling. AKA "I got caught twice". AKA unsafe unhook.

95% of the time, killers don't even think about tunneling. They just see a survivor and start chasing. And when it come to prioritizing targets, of course you want to go after the wounded ones first if you can. There is no incentive within the structure of the game to let a survivor live when you could kill them.

The only time I will legitimately tunnel a survivor is to protect a totem, usualy Ruin. Up to the point where someone else find the totem and cleanse it. Then it does not matter. But if I'm pretty sure only one survivor has found it, I need to get rid of them.

And then there are obsession perks that reward you for focusing or ignoring the object of your obsession. Dying Light is basicly an invitation for hard tunneling.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,098
    Options

Everything has a context. Camping usually a terrible play. Tunneling is usually a perception thing. If we run into each other...sorry. I'm not actively going out of my way to tunnel, but if you're running right at me or self caring in a dead zone, that's on you. I've never once had survivors take a 20 second break on gens because I whiffed on a swing.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    Options

It's fine, just annoying when you are the tunneled one.

And i mean a real tunnel, as in the guy only targets 1 person whatever might happen until said person dies.

Finding the guy that got unhooked and downing him when you were looking for the others survivors isn't tunneling, even tho surv loves claiming it is.

• brock
    brock Member Posts: 305
    Options

I could care less what people i'm facing think about tunneling. I just go for whoever i see. Most of the time i down the unhooked person if i'm close then go for the unhooker as it wastes a lot of the survivors time, forcing someone to pick that person up. (unless unbreakable)

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Why?

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

Tunneling is a strategy, but people aren't going to respect you if you do it. Then again in my experience over the years people are just going to accuse you of doing it even if you don't do it so go ahead and do it. If you're really competitive then I suggest doing so you can rack up the hook emblem points.

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780
    Options

If you are really bad, and don't belong at your rank, then yeah. Not trying to be insulting here btw.

• PunL
    Options

@AlexAnarchy would be nice if you could watch your language. Insulting or provoking people will not help you to convince me or anyone.

And yeah, at the current state of balancing it´s considerably harder to reach red ranks with the Trapper than with the Hill Billy. I would like to see all killers balanced out evenly, but this is a mammoth task. Guess what? I really would love to see more diverse killers in the top ranks, but not at the expense of tunneling...

What use is your rank if you achieved it via scummy playstyle? It´s like "look at me, i won the Tour the france with my E-bike".

I know how hard it can be to play killer on high ranks, but i would rather see the devs punish tunneling and camping further and balance it out otherwise. The main goal is to ensure everyone has a fun game and thats it, isnt it?

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@PunL False comparison with the e-bike. A better example would be "Look at me, I won the Tour de France by riding to the best of my ability and by following the rules, instead of intentionally handicapping myself so my opponents wouldn't feel bad".

There's nothing scummy about going after the weak link. It's just elementary strategy. If you're playing football, you look for breaks in the other team's defense. If you're playing chess, you look for vulnerabilities on the board. If you're playing poker, you look for tells.

There are only ranked matches in DbD. If you're playing casually, then you have to be willing to accept the losses that come with it.

• friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162
    Options

Tunneling is fine as long as your not an ######### about it

• PunL
    edited May 2019
    Options

@Orion

Your examples with chess, football and poker dont campare to DBD, the former are perfectly symmetrical games and DBD is asymmetrical. And yeah my Tour de France example was badly choosen as well^^

And i say it is scummy because the individual player has barely a counter to beeing tunneled. His team can help a little bit, but only if they are well coordinated. It just completly ruins the game for the person.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@PunL Regardless of the example, the point remains the same: taking advantage of weak opponents is just playing smart.

That's how it should be in an asymmetrical game. Individual players should find it impossible to stop the power role from doing something; it should require all of them together. And like I said, if you don't play to win, you have to accept the losses.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650
    Options

Tunnelling is fine. If you have ever been in a 3 man, you should know how much of an advantage the killer gets with one less player.

• AlexAnarchy
    edited May 2019
    Options

I don't have any need to convince someone who ca'nt tell that camping is still an allowed form of gameplay or not cuz it does'nt matter what your special rules are fella, it's the devs rules that matter as this is ther game, not yours.

as for getting these ranks with certain killers through what you call scummy playstyles, how about I remind you once again that the devs still consider looping as an unitended gameplay for survivors so in other words, does that not make any survivor who uses looping too rank 1 scummy? Please say no it does'nt cuz that would be some fine hypocrasy for you to call camping and tunneling scummy play when they are okay by the devs.

Until your a dev, your special made up rules of what is scummy play and is'nt don't matter worth spit~

as for the last point, yes, the goal is for everyone to have fun but here you are, declaring a viable and allowed form of gameplay for one side is scummy play, so just like most survivors, it comes clear you have a belief of survivors should have fun and ######### killers who have to kill certain ways to be viable aka fun in most cases.~

• AlexAnarchy
    edited May 2019
    Options

Oh lord..there he goes like as they always do, using "This ruins the game for that person" excuse...get off with that victim card play...

We get it, anything that's against the survivors specially made rules that kills them - is ruining the game for them.

Btw the point Orion made...is still the same.. even animals irl go after the weakest of the herd, only thing that seperates this from dbd is the prey of the predator beast is'nt whining about it ruining ther game afterwords.

• Bithard
    Bithard Member Posts: 406
    Options

Tunneling is a legit strategy and really efficient. It's ######### for the person being tunneled but you can run them around for a while if you can get to a loop.