Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Killers should be as oblivious before the game as the survivors!

Okay so once again im back to rant about a problem I think should be changed and if you agree please share and lets make this happen! So you know that when we as survivors are in the lobby choosing our perks item addons etc.... so is the killer but the difference is we dont know who the killer is we have to show him which character we are using and the item we want to bring in which in turn the killer can DC because he does not like that im using claudette with a flashlight or any other character with whatever item. So im telling you the killer should not be able to see the character we are choosing or the items we are bringing same as the killer! My PSN is WONTwork4food92 and I approve this message- also OG master DBD player beside me WILLwork4food89 approves my message

Comments

• ToxicityIsSKILL92
    ToxicityIsSKILL92 Member Posts: 29

Why because you are not very good at the game and are one of these main killers that need the devs to program the game just so ######### players can win. you should have to win because your good not because the game is tinkered into being very unbalanced? Just like I said if my 5 year old who is not the brightest can kill everyone with lvl 1 killers no perks in 5 minutes and you think the game is fair? lmao

• legion_main
    legion_main Member Posts: 483

No It wouldn't work because if someone is playing killer and they don't want to play against a toxic try hard squad with all purple flashlights and all the same character the killer should be able to decide not to go against them you are forgetting that the killer is trying to have fun too plus everyone can switch to the character they want last second anyways to avoid the killer dodging

• ToxicityIsSKILL92

I'm saying nobody sees ######### no killer seeing the survivors or vice versa. Or the survivors seeing each other for that matter. So i'm sure their are other survivors that actually get what i am saying and trying to do.

• ToxicityIsSKILL92

In that case the survivors should be able to choose whether they want to play with a try hard "toxic lol" camping killer!!!! Which most of you are btw, can't win a game without camping and tunneling

• Kagrenac
    Kagrenac Member Posts: 773

I'm crying lmaooo

• ToxicityIsSKILL92

The discussion was about the LOBBY before the game, NOT in-game !!!!!! WOW, I can not believe I am having to type this out!!!!

• legion_main
    legion_main Member Posts: 483

@ToxicityIsSKILL92 I think you forget that video games are supposed to be fun not super tryhard toxic SWF 24/7 and when you say this is only for survivor mains that means none of this will even be looked at or even considered to be put in game seeing as how you wont accept the opinions of what killer mains have to say

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

No this is awful in every way

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

You wouldn't have this opinion if you had more hours into the game and played both sides at rank 1.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

By adding this you'd get tons of killer disconnects during the match.

Ya really think this would be a good idea?

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@ToxicityIsSKILL92 You are serious right?

• AntiJelly
    AntiJelly Member Posts: 1,155

@MandyTalk @Peanits can we have this thread closed please? This doesn't bode well.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Enjoy the bars ;3

• tomikomPL
    tomikomPL Member Posts: 97

I will tell you something. If i will take good items game literally gave me every time trash map and killer, so i just DC, destroying other players fun and "GREAT BALANCE". I will not even try to play another cancer match with tryharding nurse, legion, billy or spirit. I play for fun, but this community is one of the most toxic i ve ever met in my life, so why should i even care about others? In my opinion it is good idea to hide information about survivors character (for example 3p claudette) and items to killer. If killer is good he will win it anyway even with 4 flashlights etc.

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

Killers only useful informations are the lobby information.

They dont have good ingame informations.

When you delete informations for the one side, then you must delete informations for the other side,too.

So if nobody has informations in the lobby, then noboy should get informations ingame.

With your change, killer would have zero informations in the lobby and ingame, but survivors would have tons of informations ingame.

• PeepingPeacock
    PeepingPeacock Member Posts: 354

As long as hag gets destroyed by 4 flashlights something like this cant happen. Plus this change would make 3 killer perks really, really bad.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

Can't wait to run into 4 purple toolboxes without going in expecting it.

Said no one ever

• Chicagopimp2019
    Chicagopimp2019 Member Posts: 458

I would question the parenting skills of anyone who thinks this game is appropriate for a 5 year old....Guess Minecraft was too complicated for you.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

The fact that this is even a topic, and 3 people upvoted it concerns me.

Either people are completely delusional about wanting any semblance of balance or they are smoking some real good #########.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Its hard enough preparing a "counter" build for a match as a killer, if they couldn't see what items the survivors were running then it would be even more stressful.

Survivor running a key? good luck figuring that out.

All 4 running a flashlight? You're getting blinded everywhere and probably didn't take Franklin's Demise.

• Chicagopimp2019
    Chicagopimp2019 Member Posts: 458

More importantly, where can one find that good smoke? :)

• Fng36
    Fng36 Member Posts: 26

The incredible amounts of toxicity astound me cant even have a half cool conversation on a relatable topic without the hatred showing up . Understand fair for survivors vs killers will never exist wouldn't make since . And the crying from both sides is insane just agree we all want a fun game for everyone on aa game where we both need each other to play

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

The killer is the only one with information ingame outside of being privy to a hex totem or a specific status effect...

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Honestly I'd be happy with the killer seeing the items but not WHO they're up against; that is, a generic silhouette for each survivor and no name, or something to that effect.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

The Killer can see them because the Survivors can talk to eachother and plan ahead.

It's an intended advantage and both sides have one.

Heck, if both were removed, SWF can still benefit from it with their own programs for chatting.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

The killer needs to see items and who they are playing to determine their build, offering and killer to play. If you and your friend have a similar name and getting dodged that is on you.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    edited May 2019

I don't think the killer should be revealed, but I do think the survivor's equipment should not be revealed. I'd be fine with just seeing 4 names in my lobby with no character information. If survivors risk running perks that really don't work well vs certain killers, then killers should risk running Franklin's only to learn nobody has an item.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164

Doesn't take a red rank no main to know that their is no need to reveal the killer in the lobby. Besides, don't you just DC anyway if you don't like who they are playing? Pathetic. Dodging is bs, that is true, but your "fix" just let's survivors dodge.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

Just looking at your PSN name and your forum name summed it up.

And no.

Hell no.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

Yeah no. I need to know if I'm dealing with a 4 man depip squad so I can dodge the lobby and they can find some other killer to BS with.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,983

So I'm not 100% in agreement with this idea although I think there is a version of it that would be relatively fair

However I want to address this nonsense people are saying about killers NOT having information in game?????? I don't see how knowing the location of every gen, your hex totem(s), and the exit gates once the gens are powered counts as NOT having in game information.... That's plenty of info.

Anyway, back the OP, I think the killer should see the survivor and the item, but not Steam name of the person playing. (Eliminates the potential to stream snipe). Pretty sure that's fair since I can't know who my killer is until the game is over. I think it would also decrease lobby dodging a little because some killers will check profile hours and all kinds of things and then dodge in the last 10 seconds on the match about to start like a hoe XD

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

I would be fine with the killer not knowig, if the survivors also wouldn´t know if their fellow survivors bring items. That would only be fair.

That of course means, that if the survivors know (trough playing swf), the killer should know their setup too. And we finally had a way to tell they are swf.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145

Pretty sure it involve the element of surprise. Ur not supposed to know who going to get you. It could be a loopable killer or even god forbid p3 nurse who ignore everything that keep you safe

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

Hmm mm well it would get back at toxic survivors that dc. But yea this won't be a good idea.

• Dr_Smith_
    Dr_Smith_ Member Posts: 112

I think the equipment of the survivors (addons, perks) should be shown to their teammates because SWF players have this information for free, but solo players can't get access to it.

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

This not a good idea.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

Just switch characters at the last second. Not that hard.