The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

######### is this censorship?

SmokePotion
SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089
edited May 2019 in General Discussions

So i have had this post going for a bit, people liked it.

Then today i notice that it was closed off by a mod. The mod never said why, there was no flaming on the thread.

So I'de like to know why?

@not_Queen

@Peanits

People wanted ya'll to read that post, so I defended you, and said "hey, this post was made before that tag was made" and then @ ya'll. Then you shut down the post. Why?

If you have no intention of holding them to the higher standard, say so, and move on. Don't close down the thread. It would have vanished after a little bit of inept rage after you told us you don't care anyways.

Comments

• TheGameZpro3
    TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 699

commenting to hear response.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

Could depend on what happened in the rest of the post afterwards. Maybe the thread got off topic into an area that shouldn't be said

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

You don't understand the forums are secretly a totalitarian dictatorship and they are covering up everything that might pose a threat to them in many ways they are like a corrupt government :P

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

They can delete posts that break the rules, too. The only thing I don't know about OP's post is that it doesn't seem to be breaking any rules, so I'm not sure as to why they closed it. And they did so without any explanation. Leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

• KillermainBTWm8

They won't respond if they do I will be surprised, but if they do respond it will most likely be some vague answer or something or they might even close this thread :/

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited May 2019

Your thread lost traction and it was resurrected one month later by someone.

It was the only fog whisperer thread to last so long as discussing decisions on who they deem acceptable is not something they obviously want to discuss so you should take some solace in that.

The fact that they picked who they have tells you they are happy with them, what more does anyone actually need to see that?

There was never a reply from mod or dev and as they say silence says more than a thousand words.

The post also showed the vast majority really did not care that much and with those streamers having such large following you would never win that war not even one battle.

Let it go and move on, it is their forum and their rules and as such are free to run it how they please and censor what and how they like.

Being here is a choice and if anyone decides it's not a place they wish to be due to such decisions then they don't have to anymore.

This may sound blunt but it's how it is with private forums.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

Clarity is always better @twistedmonkey, even if you don't agree with the other person's side. Most forums don't just close something without giving reason, even if the reason is posting on a post that has been dead for a while and even then, they usually also include that in their rules. These forums have nothing about it from what I've seen.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

Which is why I said it is what it is, I never said I agreed with the decision just thayt there is not much anyone can do about it.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited May 2019

I'd like an answer from the devs on this as well. I've not only seen some Fog Whisperers doing it on their stream but even in my own games when they weren't streaming. They were doing games with their SWF buds and just walking up to me killing themselves on purpose to de rank. Other games they would just DC. With that kind of behavior they should not be a Fog Whisperer representing Behavior.

• SmokePotion

I doubt there will be an answer. But at least they didn't delete this post. That's progress.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

Very fishy

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

This is how you get another thread closed my friend

• SmokePotion

@Hoodedfengm1n

Yep, by having a valid point. I honestly don't care.

They've banned me before, they've closed my threads. IDC. i can take my convo's to streamer chats, reddit, ect. You can't kill a conversation, and the longer you let it loop you the worse it gets.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Probably because of "Naming and shaming".

Honestly I've given up hope they'll ever hold fog whisperers to some sort of standard, Some of them aren't the best representatives of the game but I Think BHVR just see fog whisperers as people who bring Views to the game and nothing more.

I just wish they'd be honest with the program and call it like it is.

• SmokePotion
    edited May 2019

@Bongbingbing

Call it them "Fog Advertisers"

Let's advertise toxic behavior, and d/cing. Sounds like a good business model.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
  • SmokePotion

@peanits I don't feel like that statement is entirely accurate.

However I appreciate the answer.

• Frugl1
    Frugl1 Member Posts: 72

I don't think that streamers should be covered by name and shame protection, since they very much are public figures by nature. But that's just my opinion.

• KillermainBTWm8

@Peanits Not to be rude but name and shame rule applies to streamers including those in your fog program? It just seems silly when streaming is a public thing as well as the influence they have on viewers opinions and the ways they may act in game.

• Endorb
    Endorb Member Posts: 151

By this logic, does that mean it breaks the name and shame rule to name specific mods when they say/do something we don't agree with? Because both cases are commenting on people closer to the game than the average player and how/if their behavior influences the community