To everyone saying decrease killers hitboxes because they block the basement

Poweas
Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

I'm referring to this thread

Making their hitboxes larger is a terrible solution for this increasingly growing issue. By doing that, looping would need a whole new overhaul. As @tt_ivi_99 said once in a thread (I think it was you) by doing this, killers can hug the loop closer which makes it useless and survivors would have no defense.

The best counter, would be to widen the basement stairs. Simple fix.

Comments

• legion_main
    legion_main Member Posts: 483

thats what ive been saying

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371

There's no need to block the stairs when you can just play the game:

• When their coming down the stairs hit them once
    • After they've rescued the other Survivor hit them again and their down
    • Go after their rescued ally, hit them as well, return and hook them both.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

No best solution is to break killer's collision if they stand still for more than 20 seconds. If they try to move to avoid this you just press against them and they can only move backwards. Eventually they will move far enough back you can get out.

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637

I totally agree with you and @Poweas but unfortunately the devs don't see it that way which is why i made my comment above, this has been requested multiple times in the past and it was shot down on a live stream they said if you go into the basement then whatever happens is on you and that survivors shouldn't feel so comfortable in the killers lair

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,150

Why are people going down there in the 1st place

• PickCollins
    PickCollins Member Posts: 495

The issue is that it's funny to me that the devs are perfectly willing with implementing ways to prevent Surviviors from holding the game hostage but when killers have ways to hold the game hostage (even when the basement isn't part of the equation, eg one of the hatch spawns in Badham being set so the killer can corner a Survivior and prevent them from even attempting a hatch escape) they're dead f***ing silent

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited May 2019

I'll take a reduced killer hit box. Removes the stairs issue for ya'll that it bothers (which doesn't really even happen enough to be a real issue though imo) and reduces pallet loops some more. Win/win. The larger hit box on killers is part of what allows looping to happen in the first place.

• Orti
    Orti Member Posts: 198

Would love a smaller hitbox for killers. Makes the game more balanced and still allows to loop if done probably

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Killer size is a horrible disadvantage for M1 killers. @Poweas : I love you and all, but you've lost your marbles :) You'd take away one counter against basement Borrowed Time saves, while you'd keep the advantage of survivors when it comes to those silly Tom & Jerry loops.

Only through my cold, dead body.

Btw, as far as I know, devs don't have an issue with either of these two problems. So it very well could be one of those "issues" that the community desperately argues about, while BHVR is not even considering any change ti them. Like NOED.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

Tbh, seeing "looping would need an overhaul" only makes me want a smaller hitbox more.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

Just don't go into the basement. If you do, be more careful. It is supposed to be a dangerous place. Silly survivors

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

Probably to open the chest or save a teammate. Or like i do conga round the hook.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

It's just a part, though. A big role in pallet looping is played by how ridiculously generous the range and the time window for a stun are.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Holding the game hostage is a bannable offense. If you encouter players who hold the game hostage, report them.

But blocking the stairs for a limited amount of time is a tactic. If that would get taken away from killers, the basement would be a less dangerous place and I don't think we need that.

This issue should be handled by the community managers who handle reports, not by the game designers.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Holding the game hostage means there's no way for the trial to end unless one or more players disconnect. The EGC will fix most instances by making sure the trial will end, eventually.

Even now, there are times that blocking survivors in a dead-end (most commonly the basement) does not constitute holding the game hostage. If they have active (or soon-to-be active) RBTs, for example, they will die, eventually.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Decreasing the killers' collision boxes would be a positive thing.

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 439

Indeed. It'd definitely make them all more valuable in loopings, but the Survivors would start to complain, I guess.

Instead of drawing those circles, Survivors would be forced to think, where to go. It'd no longer be about circles, but more about the map knowledges. They're all sayin', that it's only about the map knowledge, but it's about the basics of the game - How movement speeds of M1, .. Killer(s) affects the looping, in-short, how many circles they're able to draw there.

The time to repair all of the Generators is already very low, and if they'd make the Killers' hitboxes smaller, it'd save a lot of time in each looping area. That way, the chances to bully a Killer would be greatly decreased.

It'd definitely turn the other Killers into something more, something more, than just clowns. I'd be all up for it, if anything.

• Free_Hugs
    Free_Hugs Member Posts: 304

They're not dead silent. If a killer doesn't let a survivor move for 10 minutes it's a hostage and report for eventual ban.

"Not doing exactly what I want them to do"

Is not

"Dead f***in silent"

• Poweas

Looks like we got our wish, they widened the stairs.

• Poweas

@se05239 and @Neprašheart no way that'd work. It took so long to finally balance looping and that would throw it off the scale again, but this time in killers favour. No map knowledge or judging would save you.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

Idk but my solution is to not go into the basement f my teammates they got caught they deserve to hang

• Poweas

@Cardgrey I wouldn't myself lol. But it's still an issue for survivors who do. And my thread is to also address if 3 survivors rush the hook and the killer blocks them.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    edited May 2019

@Poweas "Looks like we got our wish, they widened the stairs."

wait what? They did?

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

Actually it doesn't effect me as I don't block. and I honestly have no reason to post on this. except I can see leatherface taking advantage of the fact some people will still try to run past ya . As his saw will still cover the door no change to him I'd say.

• Poweas

@George_Soros I believe they did. Just today. They look slightly wider and killers are passable.

• Poweas

@Cardgrey idc about Leatherface tbh, let him have it, he's too weak to not, it'd break my heart if they nerfed him.

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 439

That's why I'd add between four to eight Pallets to every map, like before.

That may work well, don't you think? The time would be in the Survivors' favour anyways..

• Poweas

You could revert all the pallet nerfs, and killers still would be able to demolish survivors. @Neprašheart . That includes the pallet vacuum.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

@fcc2014

Then we enter a stalemate because the survivors cannot open the gates (EGC kills half of the team) and the killer cannot move (half of the survivors will likely escape). Just like the hatch standoff, whatever side acts first will lose.

I thought we was supposed to stop stalemates?

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

That's not holding the game hostage though. The game can easily end by choosing not to save the survivor. It's categorically different.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238

Survivors mindless altruism shouldnt be punishable, the "mains" got their way yet again.

Ugh.

• ba_tetsuo
    ba_tetsuo Member Posts: 330

Thats not a stalemate. Thats 2 dead 2 escaped. EGC makes it so that the game can no longer be held hostage once gates are open. Thats a 50% survival rate, IE balanced

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,450
    edited May 2019

You can still block people on the stairs, get hits on people and move left and right while the attack cooldown is active to hit multiple people

Literally the only legitimate use case of trapping someone in the basement is an active RBT and you are waiting for it to go off

Even that ONE legitimate use is rare, impossible to force as a killer (survivors can just not finish generators while someone with a trap is on a basement hook) and extremely unfun

• NMCKE

@ba_tetsuo

That is a stalemate because, for example, if 3 of my teammates are trapped in the basement then I'm surely not going to open the gates and let my teammates die. It's not holding the game as hostage either because I'm trying to save my teammates, just like the old hatch standoff isn't holding the game as hostage (both sides are trying to win).

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@NMCKE Yeah a lot of people forget about that situation as well.

It is not just the end game, the killer can go and body block the basement whenever he wants. It is not holding the game hostage because the other survivors can end the game. Blocking basement was just not healthy and bound to be removed, and it happened finally.

I still have sympathy for the killers who used body block to play around borrowed time, DS plays and I am sorry for that but sometimes ######### like this happens.

• NMCKE
    edited May 2019

@Delfador

I didn't mind killers waiting out BT or DS since that process wasn't scummy imo. However, getting sacrifices for doing nothing is not okay; killers should have to put effort in their kills.

• Shaderz
    Shaderz Member Posts: 42

Right.

If you decide to decrease the killers' hitboxes, you should fix survivors' too, when they are bodyblocking killers in order to save their mates. Make them nearly like Freddy when survivors are not in the dream world.

If you fix killers bodyblocking survivors, you gotta fix survivors bodyblocking killers too. It's either that or nothing. Otherwise, the game will even more unbalanced than it already is.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590