DS buff: Escapes should hide scratch marks for 4 seconds

pemberley
pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

It is an anti tunnel perk after all. If killers are trying to cut you down fast and you boop them for being naughty, killers shouldn’t be able to trace your scratch marks from when they were stunned.

Tbh I think decisive strike would be fine if it didn’t deactivate on misses and if it was applicable to 2nd and 3rd downs. But I definitely think hiding scratch marks would be a nice qol to actually hide from tunnelers.

Comments

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

I would be okay with that, if footsteps werent broken. But as long as sound is bugged (or nerfed?), I wont support that.

• Sheldor
    Sheldor Member Posts: 213

Scratch marks should be removed from the game alltogether. They had some justification in pre 1.4 patch times with blurry vision but with the laser sharp 4k vision across almost the entire map they are the mother of all crutches just like Chili and Nurses Calling...

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371

"Decisive Strike has never been more balanced"

All it does is punish tunneling poorly. Extremely situational, easily counterable even when tunneling. I don't think I've seen anyone use it since the nerf.

That would be why DS is 'balanced', for the same reason that Head On is 'balanced'. Because nobody uses it because it is just that bad. lol

Killer fan-boy's idea of balance ^

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

Sure, it's not like i encounter this Perk anymore anyway.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Scratch marks have Become one of the core tracking elements.

if you're going to remove that you might as well remove pallets and other core elements.

• Kagrenac
    Kagrenac Member Posts: 773

no. use enduring or don't tunnel.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

No. /thread

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

I believe you misread my post.

When a survivor hits ds, their footsteps would become hidden to the killer for 4 seconds. This would be a buff for survivors and hopefully it WOULD punish tunneling more. This has nothing to do with killers dealing with the stun, in fact it’s quite the opposite.

We can think about removing scratch marks when 80% of all los blockers, lockers, and tall structures are removed. The maps are too big and too cluttered for killers to go without tracking footprints.

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

It's a nice change

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,875

I think DS is fine the way it is.

• Shaderz
    Shaderz Member Posts: 42

No.

Make it so DS only activates for 60 seconds if the killer is within your terror radius instead of the way it is right now which remains active for 60 seconds no matter where the killer is. THAT is anti-tunneling. If the killer's not within your terror radius, there's barely any chance that he can tunnel you.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

The only buff it needs its that you can use it many times as you want until the cooldown its finish now you wonder why right now ds its usless with enduring but also ds became an anti tunnel perk it would make sense so that the killer go after someone else than the injured survivor

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

No.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I'm shocked this perk isn't used more. I always see a killer tunnel someone off the hook and I just hope they have decisive. For me it's in everyone of my builds because I honestly use it once every 2/3 games.

I think hiding scratch marks would be a nice change but it's unlikely to happen. It's perfectly balanced at the minute, just the way Thanos wants it.

• FSB75
    FSB75 Member Posts: 474

"Anit-tunneling"? Tunneling is an acceptable aspect of the game.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

DS is fine how it is, it does not need anymore buffs

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

If you all git gud you won't get caught so much

• FSB75
    FSB75 Member Posts: 474

I completely understand tunneling can be annoying. I've experienced back to back to back to back games where the killer will find me in less than 2 minutes....and no matter how many other survivors are around, it's me they follow. No flashlight, no teabagging....for no reason, I can tell, I'm downed, hooked, farmed, hooked again. All within 5 minutes max. No gens, no totems, no saves...like I just load into the game to get downed, hooked and killed.

But...I just load into the next game.

• Orti
    Orti Member Posts: 198

@ShadeRyu21 We have Myers, Pig and Wraith who don't TR at all also Ghostface is in the line next. Then Nurse and Billy can ignore distance quite well so they would countr it, also a killer could just wait outside the range and come back. So this change would make the perk useless

• KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747

Ok. As long as the perk deactivates when the killer downs/injures a different survivor.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Its still one of the highest used perks. It is just that now people gotta decide if they feel comfortable enough that they can handle getting hooked that first time.

DS was not healthy in its previous state and now it gives survivors what they want, but with a clear counter for killers that absolutely want to go after you. At some point we gotta get away from demonizing people style of play.

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371

I never tunnel, DS is an anti tunneling perk.

Therefore this perk is completely ineffective against me.

Totally get why nobody uses it any more.

• tomikomPL
    tomikomPL Member Posts: 97

i use it only with deliverance self care and borrowed time

• Jesp
    Jesp Member Posts: 192
    edited May 2019

@FSB75 doesn't mean there's anything wrong with having things that counter it.

Stealth is an acceptable way to play as well yet whispers, doctor and other detection perks exist. Slugging is an acceptable way to play yet unbreakable, tenacity, flip flop and more exists, while deerstalker and knockout does at the same time.

Absolutely nothing wrong with situational tools that buff/nerf specific tactics, and such tools should do their job unless countered by another situational tool.

Not too sure if DS needs scratch marks being hidden though, already gives the survivor a decent head start. If anything it would be cool to make Dance with Me activate on killer grasp escapes to have it as an option but not a base feature.