4 men SWF + stats. Is there something planned to fix it?

Options

So I have seen some official stats - and according to these stats 4 men SWF have much higher survival rates than the rest of the playerbase. No surprise there. But imho this is the main issue with the balance of the game. Ok, also the emblem system for killers (survivors can at least do more objectives but killers have to be literally lucky) - and disconnects. We know that the devs are looking into these issues but are they also looking into 4 men SWF? Especially now when it's official, according to the stats - it's just unfair to killers. And we don't even need these stats, it's just too obvious.

I have one easy "minor" solution - something like a first step - are there 3 or 4 people repairing together? So cancel their speed bonus. This can't be hard and it won't mess with the basic balance of the game. Let them have more bloodpoints as it is but we really don't need these gens flying..I think that toolboxes are more help than enough. In fact it's pretty much OP itself and combined with a 4 men SWF - it's just ridiculous. This is the only reason I don't want to be on rank 1 again. Why would I do that? Gens are flying and killers are being bullied most of the time.. I know I can play the Nurse, the Spirit or Billy and I do play them mostly but that doesn't seem like a good solution for the balance.

And no, I'm not Killer main!!! In fact I'm Nea/Kate main (I've played cca 1500 hours and more than a half of the time I've spent playing survivors)

Is there anything planned to address the issue or is it just me who would like to fix this ASAP? :)

Please, let the discussion be calm.

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,643
    Options

First of all, the Survival Rate is not that high compared to Solo Players or 2 men/3 men SWF.

Second, if I understand you correctly, you want that X people on a Gen repair as fast as 1 person on a Gen? You know that the most effective way to do Gens is to split up anyway?

• PunL
    PunL Member Posts: 136
    edited May 2019
    Options

Actually if 4 people repairing the same gen they are 40% less effective compared to everyone repairing a generator alone.

Also not every 4 SWF group is the same. And a casual group of friends playing together should not be punished for doing so.

Sadly i have no better answer to this matter and i agree with you that there are SWF groups that smash even a very good killer.

I personally would buff solo survivor to a status where they have the same information basis that a SWF has, but at the extend of giving killers other bonuses (and i am deliberatly vague here).

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946
    edited May 2019
    Options

8% higher survival rate in total.

+20% respective to solo survivors.

Not that high?

If a 3th party program boosts your survival rate that much you don't think it's strong?

If 8% isn't that much just buff the killers action speed around 1/6/8% to keep up. (Against SWFs)

It's not that much according to you.

• MystiKasT
    MystiKasT Member Posts: 289
    Options

They need to add an extra gen for 4man swf

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options

Do people think 4man SWF is still that big of an issue?

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,413
    Options

This would assume that the killer's movement speed is relative to zero, but it is not. The killer's movement speed is relative to the survivor's movement speed (100%). Increasing it by 8% would be the difference of closing the gap ~53% faster. Though it doesn't really make any sense to tie killer movement speed to survival rates, since survivors don't move faster if they're in a group.

It's worth noting that the average survival rate of a four man group is under 50%, which would be two kills two deaths.

To clarify something in the OP: Multiple survivors working on the same generator actually repair generators slower already. There is an inefficiency when more than one person is repairing. The most efficient way for survivors to repair generators is to split up on separate generators. Unless you mean limiting them to 1 CPS, which might be a little silly since it would encourage them to split up and fix multiple generators which you can't apply pressure to all at once.

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819
    Options

percentage on percentage is the worst thing someone could argue with.

• ba_tetsuo
    ba_tetsuo Member Posts: 330
    edited May 2019
    Options

"Though it doesn't really make any sense to tie killer movement speed to survival rates, since survivors don't move faster if they're in a group."

Their movement speed number may not be higher, but they definitely move faster.

"The killer just left the shack, heading your way" Not a higher speed, but they don't have to wait for the TR, they know the killer is coming your way, and can scatter/hide more quickly than they would be able to otherwise.

"Killer just peeled off the chase, coming back to the hook" Not a higher speed, but when the killer gets to the hook, no scratch marks, no anything to track the survivors because they knew waaaay ahead of time that you were on your way back.

"Killer shack doesn't have pallet anymore" Now the chase goes longer because survivors know exactly what pallets have been dropped without needing to check themselves. Not higher movement speed, but the chase is now longer than it may have otherwise been.

SWF may not explicit move faster/repair faster/etc, but they do things more optimally and have information before they otherwise would, leading to longer chases, more optimal gen repair, more heads up to killer movement. Sure the toppest tier survivors may be able to infer this otherwise, but there's no way you can argue that The average group of swf doesn't have way more information than they otherwise would.

If 8% isn't much, give us 4/6/8% action speed increase. Hell, give us 2/3/4%. Something to balance out the extra information that swf have over others.

It honestly doesn't matter if its 2/3/4 swf. If I'm solo and I know there is swf with me, I'm gonna follow their lead. If a swf peels off a gen for no reason (No TR, No missed checks, etc), I'm going to peel off as well, because they have more information than I do. I've seen most swf drop discord links in chat pre-game, so solo =/= no voice coms.

We ALL agree that SWF have advantages over Solo survivors. We all agree that nothing is going to be done to stop swf. People wanna game with friends. Sure there are going to be die-hard groups that lobby dodge to find friends to avoid giving the killer any advantage, but thats no excuse to not at least implement SOMETHING to help the killers.

If most people are just in it to game with friends without wanting to try hard, as you say, then they're not gonna care about an extra tiny buff to killers for them being queued together. They still get to game with their friends.

If you think they're just gonna lobby dodge constantly, implement a scaling penalty for lobby dodging for both sides. something like 5/10/15/30/60 minutes per dodge.

@Peanits