I'm enjoying using No Mither... Am I weird?

Olising
Olising Member Posts: 40
edited April 2019 in General Discussions

So in the last month I have been doing a thing where I've been trying out all the perks, specifically ones that less people use, or ones I've never or rarely used. First off, I recommend that everyone try this (both killer and survivor) because I've had more fun in the game than I ever have now that I've been using a huge variety of perks.

But the main thing this post is about is that a few days ago I tried out a build I stuck together which was:

1) No Mither

2) Dead Hard

3) Resilience

4) This Is Not Happening

5) I have brought a commodious Toolbox with Socket Swivels and Instructions so I can do gens real speedy!

And I went into the game thinking I was gunna die and it was just a meme build, but then I had one of the best games ever. It was so fun and exciting and somehow I escaped? I got more points than all the survivors and even the killer, and I almost double pipped (not that I care about pipping lmao).

I've kept playing the same build since and somehow I havent died ONCE! It makes the game more intense and exciting, and its good for many reasons. This Is Not Happening makes great skillcheck zones big enough so that I can hit them almost all the time (ruin counter), and resilience means everything is quicker. Stacked with the toolbox I can do gens 24% faster.

I think im just to good and No Mither is 100% going to be the next meta 😂🤷‍♂️

Post edited by Olising on

Comments

• Olising
    Olising Member Posts: 40

yaaay! 😂

• drunky26
    drunky26 Member Posts: 686

I like it too. It feels great when it works out but it usually doesn't and I just die first :/

• Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828

Believe it or not you do end up improving more when you use no mither.

I usually use: resilience, tenacity, no mither, and iron will.

You play so much more carefully and I’ve gotten so much better with surviving while I’m injured now (without NM) along with getting better at looping.

100% worth it, LOL!

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532
    edited April 2019

Yeah! When grinding out the wounded healer I gave NM a go, and as @Gamzello says, you do end up playing more resourcefully... There are a few really good upsides, such as not bleeding and being able to recover, not to mention, being permanently in a state where the injured perks trigger!

Go no mither!

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,940

Yeah, you are weird, and cool if you use No mither my fellow Survivor mate.

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

I like it a lot, too. I'm terrible at chases, and I think it might help me improve. I also think that chocolate is more valuable than diamonds, so take that how you will.

My ideal setup is No Mither, Resilience, Tenacity, and perhaps any of: Borrowed Time, Distortion, Lightweight, Exhaustion Perk, WGLF, etc. I took This Can't Be Happening once and my Great check accuracy went down, go figure.

I just think it's a really neat perk that changes the way you play a game, kind of like Object of Obsession. When I first used that perk, it was so tense! Not being able to look anywhere near the killer for fear of giving yourself away, I usually play stealthy since I'm bad at chases. I wish we had more perks that changed the playstyle like these two. No Mither holds a special place in my heart.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

Playing with no mither is a great way to get better at the game :D

• Keanuqwerty
    Keanuqwerty Member Posts: 126

yes?

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

I use no mither in my regular survivor build No Mither, Resiliance, Dead Hard and Pebble because it's op

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002

Well if you're weird, than so am I! 😂

• TripleTailSlap
    TripleTailSlap Member Posts: 27

I would swap This is Not Happening with Streetwise, at least if your taking a tookbox >w> skill checks can remain skill based. Prolong the precious toobox!

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002

@TripleTailSlap I've never even thought of that before! Thanks for posting, I'm gonna try this out.

• AgentBristow
    AgentBristow Member Posts: 30

No Mither needs to have the icon status changed though. The killer should not know that you have No Mither at the start of the match...

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

No thanks, im not gonna be a pain the ass for my team and be the basically exposed all the match

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476

I know people who need to bring No Mither just so that their Survivor games aren't 100% piss-easy. Meanwhile I just use No Mither because I hate myself lol