The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Live Q&A: Post your questions here

Comments

• Pizzaman
    Pizzaman Member Posts: 500
    edited May 2019

As dedicated servers are being prepared and were also tested as part of the last PTB:

Will dedicated servers (in the long run) completely replace the P2P way of hosting a game/trial, or will P2P still be available as a fallback method to host a game/trial (in case dedicated servers are not working/have a latency that's just too high)?

There may be occasions where dedicated servers can not cope with the amount of players or players in regions that will have a high latency towards the next dedicated server region, where having P2P still would make sense.

• Kyndide
    Kyndide Member Posts: 3

do you have any plans for removing the pick up option as killer near the end of the collapse or something like that in order to prevent players from holding the game hostage post collapse?

~Kyndide

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

Are there any plans to make QoL changes to head on?

It seems that even if the conditions are right, sometimes the perk doesn't proc and it's frustrating.

Oh and the stun should last just a tiny bit longer :)

• GamerJack
    GamerJack Member Posts: 8

Any plans to make legion a stronger killer, because he is still on the weaker side of killers?

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Is there any plans for a login system in place, a personal account you can use to login to DBD, keep your cosmetics, inventory, characters, and share them across platforms once you login?

• Nomercyguy32
    Nomercyguy32 Member Posts: 8

Is the dead by daylight lore ever going to be further continued? Will there ever be some sort of event reguarding the lore about the game? (Ex. An event where the survivors must cooperate to escape the entity realm)

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

Is there any news or concern about in game collectibles for lore? This could be somewhat of a side objective. Having lots of collectibles in scattered in the maps. Like newspaper clipping of the person's demise?

Thanks.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited May 2019

Why was the Hatch grab completely removed from the game? If the Killer is chasing a Survivor and they both find the Hatch, it's basically a free escape for the Survivor because they don't have to worry about being grabbed (especially before the collapse has started). All they have to do is just make a beeline for the Hatch and they win.

• TheDarkWall
    TheDarkWall Member Posts: 132

So, in general the community response to the legion rework has been that it fixed a lot of the problems from the survivor's perspective regarding counterplay, but that the killer is weaker than before. This added on to the fact that he was already a weaker killer despite his lack of counterplay, something even the developers acknowledged on the rework stream. Also, the reworks to his add ons have made many of them near useless. For instance, Franks and Stab Wound Study essentially do the same thing, and with the deep wounds changes the likelihood of them playing any relevant role in a match is very little. The pins, while not terrible in concept don't apply well. You hit them the second time to apply the ailment. They then have to escape you, lets say 10 seconds. Then they mend, about 20ish seconds. IF things go that well, they now have 30 seconds of an ailment while not under pressure from the killer. Personally, I'd like to see it so the ailment either applies on first hit or so that the ailment applies after mending is completed (Or if downed before mending, after unhook) On another note, the speed add on becoming detection range was also a poor idea in general, since even with duration, the killer is not going to find anyone at the expanded radius in time. So with this in mind, I have two questions.

1. Can we expect to see any changes to Legion's base kit?
    2. Are you looking at changing any of the add ons?

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

have you guys think of a new game mode its been along time that this game came out it would be good to have a 8vs2 or something similar

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

Will Killers get different Exit Gate opening animations? I would like them to pull the lever down just like Survivors do.

• TheGameZpro3
    TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 699

(I asked last time, but was ignored. Please answer, devs.)

How did Y'all get the sounds of the Survivors Bones Breaking, when the entity comes in the Endgame Collapse?

• Horror_Gaming
    Horror_Gaming Member Posts: 275
    edited May 2019

Is there a chance the Jane Head on Perk will be looked at? I have used it a couple of times and there is a lot of situations when the killer is point blank to my locker but does not get stunned. The perk in general has been very buggy since released and I was wondering if anyone has been looking into the issue.

• Caesar
    Caesar Member Posts: 11

Will you add an option in the cosmetic store to mix and mash different clothing items before buying? (to make cool combinations)

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

Are you guys gonna give Pig her traps back? Why not slow the timer down when someone has a trap on their head? Was Pig's traps tested before nerfing her to low tier?

• invira_zero
    invira_zero Member Posts: 229

Whats about a new voicelines for characters?

I mean, Ash have some of them. Is there gonna be any other, simillar to that one?

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

What stops survivors from preventing killers from ever using their Moris again?

---

Based on the info from the QA presented in the news... During the loading phase of the match, if there is less than the required players, the match is canceled and all items and offerings are returned, except for the player that DC'd.

Since the offering screen comes up before the loading screen, once a survivor sees a Mori and they decide to disconnect, the load screen comes up without the required number of players and then is canceled, returning the Mori to the killer.

---

Is this not how it works?

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

Will Legion be reworked again to bring back what made him a unique rush down killer in the first place?

• Mystaria13
    Mystaria13 Member Posts: 495

I haven't escaped even once as the last survivor since the EGC was implemented. The killer always find hatch and closes it and I go to a door and start to open it but the killer is notified by the lights and the loud buzzer plus it takes 20 second to open the gate. Are there any plans to change the EGC door mechanic for the last survivor?

Eg: remove the lights that show the door has been worked on

-remove the buzzer

-change the time required to open the door but only for the last survivor.

I know killer mains won't like this idea but the way things are, you're giving the killer the 4k every single match because things are so heavily stacked against the survivor. Thank you for all the work you do to try to make this game better! 😘

• tgrab
    tgrab Member Posts: 70

Is there plans to bring any new game modes?

• Weepeme
    Weepeme Member Posts: 56

when are you gonna put unique voices for suzie and joey?

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Any more info on the Freddy Rework you said you'd give more info about this month?

• pandorayr
    pandorayr Member Posts: 597

When u reveal the new roadmap 2019 DCLS etc?

• FTSA
    FTSA Member Posts: 33

You guys have made a lot of great changes to the deep wound mechanic lately. However, while in the deep wound state, the wraith can simply follow the survivor around while cloaked until his timer goes down. Is this an intended feature? Or is it something you guys plan on taking a look at sometime in the future? I encountered this a few times and felt extremely helpless as there was nothing I could do to prevent the timer from going down. If I stopped to mend, he would just uncloak and hit me. I would love to hear your opinion on this.

• Ksoni
    Ksoni Member Posts: 607

Can The Shape earn more bloodpoints for stalking? I think, he is the killer that earns less than other killers.

• Ksoni
    edited May 2019

Do you have data for the least used perks in the game? If so, just buff or reworks perks that are least used by survivors and killers. And please stop giving killers crap perks. Don't be afraid to make something as good as BBQ or Ruin. That's basically all that killers have.

• Ksoni

When will we see any form of punishment for people that are DC'ing from a match? There aren't any penalties for DC except losing rank that nobody cares for anyway. And when will we get any rewards for ranking up?

• I_Eat_Worms
    I_Eat_Worms Member Posts: 324

can we expect more licensed chapters/dlcs this year?

• EmotionalDaisy
    EmotionalDaisy Member Posts: 159

Can the pig's sacrifice via reverse bear trap point total (called 'game over') give a little more points? It isn't enough for something that hardly happens in the first place.

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651

Have you considered adding additional moris into the game or giving killers the option to see their mori in third person?

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089

I'm changing my question, I don't care about legion anymore.

New question: Any plans to adjust the killer pipping system?

• EldritchElise87
    EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 626

Mori are getting better and better with each update, your animation guys are doing amazing things with Ghosts mori, any plans to revisit some older killers? I am sure many of us would pay $$ for updated mori animations we can swap out.

• CoachLazy
    CoachLazy Member Posts: 2

The sounds of survivor footsteps are nearly impossible to hear even with headphones at high volumes, is this intentional? This is a massive tool taken away from the killer and I think it needs to be addressed.

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943

Any plans on fixing the sound? Survivors are really quiet on parts of some maps as well as footsteps

Is Haddonfield bugged and other map's rng? I'm noticing alot of windows spawning as well as some infinites in Haddonfield and double pallets in other maps.

• ItzSoulz
    ItzSoulz Member Posts: 368

Will the exit gate open time changed at some time?

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371

Is Head On going to be fixed so it's consistently reliable with a clear indication of when to activate it so it's not just a guessing game with reliably unreliable results?

• MasonMyers69
    MasonMyers69 Member Posts: 246
    edited May 2019

Currently, with the broken perk that is known as MoM, you can 99% heal before using it to take the borrowed time effect, then finish off the heal to get back to full, esentially have 3-4 health states. Is this an exploit or just a mechanic

• cristalcaos
    cristalcaos Member Posts: 17

what are your plans regarding devotion and rank rewards?

• Sziosis
    Sziosis Member Posts: 198

First off, As a Pig main, I appreciate the cosmetics she's getting that we leaked *wink wink* But the thing I really want to know is, will we ever get any new game modes or separate ranked matches with casual? And can you make rewards for those who play a lot of DbD with either Devotion or through ranked matches? Sorry for the double question.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

I was wondering I caught wind that the devs are mid-rank survivors, but I was also curious what your killer ranks are (if you even play killer)?

• Meme
    Meme Member Posts: 275

What were the reasons for nerfing Legion's cooldown add ons? Their previous state didn't make them game breaking.

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943

Screw my other questions lol.

ETA on when the window bug will be fixed to block survivors vaulting after 3 times in a chase.

• DrFruityLoops
    DrFruityLoops Member Posts: 17

Is MoM getting nerfed? I feel as if it should bc it lays in the same area as old DS where it gives people a positive for something that should be negative and the only way to counter it in a good way is to tunnel your obsession down but is this really how we need to deal with the perk?

• ZAPking
    ZAPking Member Posts: 3

I heard you guys completely dismissed the idea of the killer of Jeeper Creeper as a possible killer, I want to know if you guys actually said that or not, not asking if he will be a killer or can he, just asking if you guys dismissed the possibility of him

This discussion has been closed.