Starbreeze

bortami
bortami Member Posts: 91
Did it better.

Comments

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited July 2018
    Take a look at Payday 2 if you wanna see how it could be right now if Starbreeze would be in charge.. Paid dlc every few weeks.
  • Shipthebread
    Shipthebread Member Posts: 415

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    Take a look at Payday 2 if you wanna see how it could be right now if Starbreeze would be in charge.. Paid dlc every few weeks.

Are you unhappy or happy about that?

• TheRiotJoker
    TheRiotJoker Member Posts: 4

The only reason I'll take the bait on this post and explain to you why Starbreeze did only a few good things for this company, and has milked it and made some fans hate it.

Starbreeze jumped in to help BHVR with $2.000.000 when they needed it, before the game had been released. When the game was released, they promptly went on to take 50% of every sale, and pushed on BHVR to make more paid DLCs. With steam taking 20% / 30% - depending on which source you ask. Steam would obviously take the money first, then it would get divided into 50% for each of the companies.

Also, BHVR buying off the publishing licence from Starbreeze is the reason why you now have a clear roadmap with DLC that will be fleshed out, as shown by the latest one.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771

Well i'd say it went clearly overboard when they released DLCs unrelated to Heists. 
  • Shipthebread

Shipthebread said:

Well i'd say it went clearly overboard when they released DLCs unrelated to Heists. 

At least there was new content? it's been 163 days for PS4 users since the last new piece of content... Seems like quite a while to wait if you ask me

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Yes, we get it the console peasants are unhappy.

I have a nice pitchfork you can have on the cheap if you like.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010

Holy ######### what do you PS4 people don't understand about certification process anymore?

First off, it takes time to create a build for PS4 / Xbox in order to get to the certification process. Second off - they have to be approved in 2 different companies (3 if you're releasing the update in Japan), then it all goes down to Sony - which will take AGES to approve your update, as had been proven with other games as well. With past patches to DBD as well. Once it gets approved, if it EVEN does in the first place, they'll sometimes go with the "Please wait a few days to release the update" as they did with day-one updates with some companies.
    Oh also in case your build has an error / a game crashing bug, you're back to square one, and have to redo it all over again.

If you don't like waiting, and don't want to wait; get another version. Buy an xbone or buy the game on steam. It's not BHVR's fault for the update, yes the DLC took a while, but the DLC and the 2.0.0 update ARE ACTUALLY GOOD! They're relatively bug-free (compared to other patches they released) the killer's not OP, the survivor works nice, the skins are good.

Starbreeze would have had influence, and I bet you my ass the patch would have been released earlier, with no PTB or anything. You know why? They would've pushed for more revenue, and would've pushed BHVR to release the patch and DLC earlier. as they've already done.
    So you'll either have a buggy patch, and you'll complain about it - rightfully so.
    Or you'll have a relatively bug-free patch, and you'll complain about it - NOT rightfully so.

Don’t pop a blood vessel with all that rage
  • TheRiotJoker
    TheRiotJoker Member Posts: 4

Was not rage, but okay, whatever ya say

• ThePloopz

Was not rage, but okay, whatever ya say

I’m glad you know who’s in charge  :)
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@ThePloopz said:
    TheRiotJoker said:

Holy ######### what do you PS4 people don't understand about certification process anymore?

First off, it takes time to create a build for PS4 / Xbox in order to get to the certification process. Second off - they have to be approved in 2 different companies (3 if you're releasing the update in Japan), then it all goes down to Sony - which will take AGES to approve your update, as had been proven with other games as well. With past patches to DBD as well. Once it gets approved, if it EVEN does in the first place, they'll sometimes go with the "Please wait a few days to release the update" as they did with day-one updates with some companies.

Oh also in case your build has an error / a game crashing bug, you're back to square one, and have to redo it all over again.

If you don't like waiting, and don't want to wait; get another version. Buy an xbone or buy the game on steam. It's not BHVR's fault for the update, yes the DLC took a while, but the DLC and the 2.0.0 update ARE ACTUALLY GOOD! They're relatively bug-free (compared to other patches they released) the killer's not OP, the survivor works nice, the skins are good.

Starbreeze would have had influence, and I bet you my ass the patch would have been released earlier, with no PTB or anything. You know why? They would've pushed for more revenue, and would've pushed BHVR to release the patch and DLC earlier. as they've already done.

So you'll either have a buggy patch, and you'll complain about it - rightfully so.

Or you'll have a relatively bug-free patch, and you'll complain about it - NOT rightfully so.

He is right tho.

• ThePloopz
    Tsulan said:

@ThePloopz said:
    TheRiotJoker said:

He is right tho.

Idc if he’s right lol doesn’t change what I said at all
  • popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    *slams fist on the desk"
    Stop with these PS4 posts right now!
    *scratches his head*
    Sorry, but it is really annoying.
  • Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    I’m just glad the game hasn’t been bought out by EA (yet)
  • mrdead
    mrdead Member Posts: 51

@TheRiotJoker said:

Somebody gets it.

• Shipthebread
  • Shipthebread
  • ThePloopz
    Loot boxes would be put in ASAP
  • popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    @ThePloopz
    Don't forget some killer and survivor voice packs!
  • Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    ThePloopz said:
    Loot boxes would be put in ASAP
    Exactly and they would make us buy Moris, BNPs and insta-heals with auric cells 
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    bortami said:
    Did it better.
    nah