Give Props does nothing

Why does give props not doing anything! If someone was fun to play with, looped me well, or just overall was a good player I want to give them something. Maybe extra bloodpoints or shards? Idk just something.

Comments

• MystiKasT
    MystiKasT Member Posts: 289

Unless they are four friends who queue up together and can instantly communicate and relay information over voice comms. In which case it's totally fine.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Make props just give a few thousand Bloodpoints.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

Props - better chance of higher rarity items in your next bloodweb

• ekto
    ekto Member Posts: 103

in Identity V, every player has an in-game profile where you can view things like survivor and killer rank, win rate, match history, match count, etc. it also displays "likes" which players can give to each other at the end of each match. it really wouldn't be a perfect system for dbd but at the very least it would encourage people to behave a little more.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    edited May 2019

In LoL we can honor our teammates and we have honor levels. The higher your owner level the more free junk you get. We also have a chest, key, and crafting element that ties into both the honor levels and being on a team with someone whose highly skilled or being highly skilled yourself.

In a game like this though you'd have to have killer and survivors honor each other. The key is that you can only honor positively or not at all. You can't turn it into a negative honor value. Honor also shouldn't be used for matchmaking. It should solely be for sportsmanship and free stuff.

Say all players in a trial honor everyone gets an extra 500 or 1000bp. Not enough on its own to buy anything in the bloodweb, but not so insignificant that it isn't worth the click. Players who progress up the honor tiers could unlock some sort of cheap cosmetic. Like a recolor or a single piece deal that only shows off your honor rank. Maxing out the honor tier could be a substantial bp payout or a shard payout, but if you're not wanting to add more shard generation to the game then you could have a season honor cosmetic. Something special that stands out in a decent way.

You make one per survivor or killer in a cycle till everyone has one. Though you'd probably need to make your seasons longer or have it so every 6 months the maxium tiered honor cosmetic cycles out to a different character. These cosmetics can't be purchased in the shop for any other currency. They've got to stay exclusive to the honor.

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742

That's totally wrong, they check and process reports. Don't spread your salty BS here. Btw, why should props even effect or change something, it's only for statistical purposes.

• dnj510
    dnj510 Member Posts: 438

Well, what does 'props' actually do? Is it viewable by players or does it help outweigh the negative strikes if you were reported?

• undeadmauler
    undeadmauler Member Posts: 78

Giving props to a killer (as surv) Grant's BP. Giving props to surv(as surv) maybe just an item chance in bloodweb. Giving to surv(as killer) Grant's bp

• tatterz
    tatterz Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2019

I wish props did something

Post edited by tatterz on
  • Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

@Peanits

Make it soo you can only prop a player one time every month, and players that get propped too much get a reward, either shards, exp, or even bloodpoints

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

If you want to be a sweaty try-hard and abuse this scenario of a situation then yeah.

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583

Props? What are you talking about?

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@ekto I would like this sort of thing being implemented. Perhaps you could only like a user once? That way SWF wouldn't just spam like on their friends.

• Auron471
    Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310

this would kinda suck if you are just trying to get all the perks on one survivor. ideally you want as many trash items so the bloodwebs are cheaper.

I think this could work if the props gave a token that could be redeemed for better items and addons on the next bloodweb. this way the person has more control.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

If the concern of rewarding it is SWF abuse, maybe trial it where you can only give props to the opposite side. That way it discourages being a dick survivor or dick killer as you miss out on potential points the other team can give you.

Sure, there's always going to be circlejerky "I give you props so you give me props" but who cares? A few thousand bloodpoints is still a completely insignificant amount in the obscene grind that exists right now.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

That is exactly what the vast majority of the community did back when the devs still showed the top props of the month. Not a single top prop Killer was an actual Killer in any definition of the word, they all were, without fail, known farmers.