Legion comparison with some killers. Does legion be useless? Killers of only M1 are bads? M1 & M2.

Options
Th3Nightmare
Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,265
edited May 2019 in General Discussions

Actually, if I start to compare killers with legion ... legion would be very below others. Before starting, for me, a killer is good when his POWER gives him resources to catch the survivor, while a killer is only M1 is quite useless in the game.

- Legion: M1 Killer [M2 (useless)] ... Well, you get free hits and then ... M1 chase). Another thing, Legion can not catch the survivors with his M2 because he receives a stun BASE of 4 seconds, which, the survivor will have defenses to defend himself, like a pallet nearby or a window.

- The PIG: Another killer with Freedy and Legion who are ... passing a bit by the garbage truck, basically "garbage". Why? Pig is another killer of M1, because his M2 is quite useless, very RNG and does not help the killer to reach the survivors or even ... slow down the game? Their RNG factors are too high and this penalizes the killer much to the point of being useless in some games. The luck must be with this killer.

- Freeddy: Another killer garbage next to ... legion, I'm sorry but it's reality.

Let's compare with the other killers that really seem correct to use M1 & M2, and thanks to the two uses of M1 and M2 helps the killer to catch the survivors more easily:

- Wraith: M1 and M2 Killer, Great map control and positioning to bring down the survivors. I consider it much better than LEGION. Has a speed burst of 1 second to help catch a survivor easier, really? And legion? a stun of 4 seconds. Okay.

- Myers: M1 and M2 Killer. Early Game weak, but once you get level 2 and 3, it's where you get great power. It does not have a great mechanic of pressing M2 to stalk and get easy casualties, but its mechanics are not very special but even so, it is a killer M1 and M2. Since a good player manages his level 3 to make big plays and this makes a player of Myers is really good and that is M2 and is quite useful.

- Billy: I have nothing to say .. well, great control of Map and also M1 and mostly M2 killer. Its power is based on M2, not M1.

- Nurse: Like Billy, it is a killer that needs its power to reach a hit, therefore, I consider it in M2 killer.

- Plague: Quite different from the others with a very interesting mechanics. M1 and M2 killer clearly, it looks like the current legion, but legion is far behind plague, plague is an M2 killer, mostly uses its M2 to be able to shoot down the survivors. Once you get a free hit (get the survivor to enter the disease state) you will use M1. And to say that his power "increased" makes it M2 to provide even more power to catch more quickly the survivors. Of course plague is 1000 times above that legion.

- Clown: Although I do not play it much, but it is a killer of M1 and enough use of M2 to be able to catch the survivors. Clearly if you want to catch a survivor faster you should use his M2 power to catch him faster than using M1 ....

- The Hag: Honestly I would not like to put this killer to compare it with legion, because ... it is a killer that must use its power to catch a survivor, as if it does not use its M2, this killer would be very hard to get a death. This killer is based on tricking the map. A very annoying killer, because if he tricks loops it is difficult to escape from it, which makes it a killer danger. Its worst counterplay are the flashlights, that makes it lose power.

I would like to count the comparisons with the other killers, I have put some comparisons and I hope they are clear ... but it is clear that in this game, a killer where in his power does not get any benefit to help him in pursuits or help to catch the Survivor ... is considered "bad killer" or low tier or trash, as you want to call it.

> If you like this post, and would like to hear the other killers: Doctor, trapper, etc ... tell me!

Comments

• Trotfoxx
    Trotfoxx Member Posts: 105
    Options

tl;dr. Legion is a Wraith without the cloaking ability. His power is just useful when you see 2+ survs, and maybe it isn't even in that situation.

• Th3Nightmare
    edited May 2019
    Options

You can not compare a legion with a wraith. The wraith really is stronger than a legion. Wraith has incredible mobility and a base burst sprint of 1 second that helps a lot to get on top of the survivor and get 2 shots in less than 1 second. I consider the wraith much better than legion, honestly.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options

Legion has a power that can give him greater mobility for travelling the map, a quick first hit in a chase, and the ability to pressure several survivors at once. No one's gonna argue that he's top tier but honestly I'd consider him much better than Wraith. He just takes more skill to get more out of him

• Th3Nightmare
    edited May 2019
    Options

I respect your opinion, but legion and wraith can not compare much, has a stun of 4 seconds to has a sprint burst of 1 seconds that makes you sit on top of the survivor ... I would not know what to tell you. While legion is getting free hits on the map, but still, it costs to shoot down a survivor, because it goes to M1, sooner or later you'll get the knockdown as well as wraith, but wratih can abuse your M2 power, and place you over and also abuse the sprint and tear it down easier.

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819
    Options

Learn to play the new Legion instead of complaining with those non-arguements.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

lol. You don't even know how the FF works. Listen everything what they said from the paper.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,691
    Options

I stopped reading after you said "Well, you get free hits". Legion does not get free hits. Pre-rework Legion maybe this argument could be made since his vault and run speed was so fast and if Legion missed an attack, 3 more would be coming in rapid succession.

Post-rework Legion none of those are true. The run speed isn't as fast, pallet vault speed is a joke, and if you miss an attack then you are stunned for 4 seconds and lose your ability for 20 seconds. In other words, there is plenty of counterplay potential for survivors. AKA, it's not a "free hit".

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options

I'm very aware how FF works, I've been playing Legion a lot since the update and I've really gotten the hang of him. Sorry you're unable to have as much fun with him as I do.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    Options

I honestly think that Legion is better than most of the cast right now but the nerfs really hold him back from being the solid medium-top tier he should've always been. Things like his nerfed ms while in FF, lose power if miss a hit, the fact thta you cant use the power whenever you want, vaulting speed nerf and many other nerfs make his power way weaker than before imo.

If Im completely honest the only things that this character needs is bring back his FF ms or at least make the pin add-ons buff it, remove the miss hit and lose power thing and give him back his vaulting ms.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

Legion is objectively better than the Wraith as the Wraith is easy to spot and his power can be completely negates with a pallet or window things which don't stop the Legion getting the first hit.

Legion can also hit multiple survivors injuring them which the Wraith can't do.

Legion can also use their power to traverse the map much like the Nurse blink so they have mobilty to apply pressure even if they can't down with their power.

Over all compared to normal M1 killers Legion can be considered slightly stronger as they can chase and the same speed by when close use FF to guarantee that first hit and nothing will stop that with a competent player, hit multiple survivors around each other, is able to traverse the map faster along with having mend as a side effect which takes survivors off gens for a short time, in a time management game every second counts.

• Th3Nightmare
    Options

then what u get with legion? no free hits? its a joke?

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

Legion has utility with his power. Something.... diffrent.

He can chain attack survivors + gives them something to worry about. (kind of - DW, which wastes time.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

His M2 isn’t useless. Making the survivors mend is more useful than people think If you can end chases quickly.