Is this a Joke? (End Game Collapse)

Riif0
Riif0 Member Posts: 57
edited May 2019 in General Discussions

This end game is soooo such a joke.

FThe killer can close the hatch.... Well why not...

but the time you have to open those doors is so ridiculous the killer just have to stand in the middle watch which door you are trying to open and it's over. No chance to escape. Oh and they still can use NOED.

nice joke.

Comments

• Kees_T
    Kees_T Member Posts: 811

I've played an match where 2 gates were too close to each other, luckly I was using Wake Up from Quentin that allows me to open the gates more fast, but I didn't have enough time he was already too close for me, I ran to the other one, and the Collapse time was too short, he just watched me trying to open the gate and then I died because It reached only 45% of the bar. So yeah, you can't do anything if the gates are too close.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

The only problem is RNG: on a map like Azarov's, Léry's or basically any big size map most killers willl have a hard time preventing you from opening a gate. IF they spawn far away from each other. Then again, if gates are too close, you're dead. Completely depends on luck.

A number of players here suggest a minimum distance between gates, and that would be reasonable. Although a slight increase on gate opening time may be necessary too.

There are a lot of other options as well: IF there is no required minimum distance, and one gate can spawn right next to the other, devs could also play around with the lamps above the switch. Currently the first one is lit up when opening progress is about 15-20%. If they only started lighting up at 50% or so, you could make a sneaky inch by inch opening, even with the killer watching from a nearby hill.

Or, there could be a "master switch", lighting up the same time when last gen is done or hatch is closed. This would be a switch located somewhere away from the gates, and it could open one or both.

Lots of options, but as much as I enjoy having two gates spawning near and just not letting last survivor escape, this indeed needs a little tweaking.

• Glassgo
    Glassgo Member Posts: 10

we are already at a disadvantage ...

- you earn more blood points than us.

- Some skills are too strong (Legion was the proof, it was also my killer farming).

- our skills which gave us a chance of suvie as the ds are nerves in permanence, the killers prefers to fall to us and leave us on the ground the time that the cooldown is finished.

- the killers is not penalized by the disconnections of stupid (I speak of ragequit and not problems of connections that happens to everyone), on the contrary he earns points.

- Some accesoires of killers are clearly exaggerated, (Coxcombed Clapper and "All Seeing" for the Wraith, obviously always both at the same time), (Iridescent Head for the Huntress), (Judith's Tombstone for the Shape), you want some other?

- and now you can close the hatch

- if you want I can continue the list?

I like to play as a survivor and I will continue to play as a survivor but it does not make me think it's punitive to be a killer, the only thing you can dread is a band with a microphone and it does not happen often :)

(the English is not my mother tongue, I specify it before having ######### remarks)

• Riif0

We can't locate the hatch so what do you call a hatch race?

• Riif0
    edited May 2019

They should probably add something that when you get chase 1v1 the timer will pause.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

No we don't need to ease the pressure. If we can't make it out by the time it comes to just the gates, we should feel the full weight of our failures having placed us in that position.

• Chrisko
    Chrisko Member Posts: 288

Hey Killers,

This is the survivor forum. There is a killer forum for you all to comment all you want. Not sure why you feel the need to troll our discussions regarding issues we face such as end game, hatch and exit gate distances.

• Chrisko

While your statement reflects one perspective... I wonder if the devs at behavior wish to see this scenario be more balanced (if the stats show a low success rate for survivor) or rather as you intimate, they are ok with a more grim situation for the final survivor.

If the survivor believes that in this instance, the game is all but won by the killer, then it becomes mop up duty for the killer (not much challenge) and survivors are more likely to DC or give up. We'll see what (if any) changes are made in the future.

I have not had any success with hatch or door in this scenario yet. It's demoralizing and I would like to hear from other survivors regarding their success rate.

Salty killers need not reply...post to your own forum. We survivors know how you feel.

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

Well I play both roles and I say killer mains can come here if they want to:) and this thread has to be bait cause look at the post it clearly says is this a joke? Um mm ok? Way can't you survivor mains just learn to adapt and play the game:( cause every single update or change you guys get all upset and complain on the fourms ahhhhh the game is to hard nerf that plz dev like really grow up and just play the game for fun. THX:)

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,234

How about doing 5 gens, opening a door and escaping via the exit instead of crying that the game skips all the generators and powers the gates for you when the killer closes your undeserved free escape.

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

Oh one more thing chrisko we killer Mains don't tell you guys talk on your survivor main fourm now do we? But it's ok for you to say we can't talk on your fourms Um mm ok?

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

Lol, what? It's for survivor-based topics, it's not a forum for just survivor players to post in. Plus, uh, we all play survivor too?

Also, the exit gates are a third chance to escape, that's one more than survivors had before and there's no hatch standoffs to worry about??

• Chrisko

I'm not saying that you specifically do this but I see on both forums (survivor and killer) comments relating to "just stop crying", "just stop whining", "get over it" and other "get gud" etc...

These comments don't advance either forum's discussions of the topics presented. It perpetuates the toxic reputation of the dead by daylight community. Both Killers and survivors have valid concerns. I don't like to see killers get unfavorable changes either. Balance seems to be the mantra of Behavior devs and their changes don't always achieve that.

I know there will always be people who say denigrating remarks on both forums but we all get to decide if we want to contribute to the toxicity or advance whatever topic is presented with our comments respectfully.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

So... survivors got everything they asked for aaaand they still complain.

What would make you happy?

A shorter timer? A longer timer?

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,017

Cleanse totems to avoid NoEd, sit by an exit if you cannot find hatch, RUN WAKE UP!!!

• rha
    rha Member Posts: 416

As solo survivor who does not play enough to get to decent ranks, I feel pretty much the same. If I get three potatoes as teammates it doesn’t matter how much more experienced and better I am than the killer, if he closes the hatch, depending on the killer (power/mobility) and hatch spawn he gets a free kill handed now.

I also dislike that knowing the hatch location becomes vital when it’s down to two survivors if you can’t trust the other to continue working on gens. It also incentives hatch camping, I noticed this both as survivor and killer after ECG. If I hook the second to last person, unless it’s SWF the survivor is usually left to die even if it’s his first hook, and I can find the last survivor crouching near the hatch. This is so sad, because if both keep trying and are good at either stealth or chase, it is totally possible to finish a last gen.

Overall I see the idea of the new endgame as a definitive improvement, but I wish it would be fairer for the last survivor. I do not accept this „the killer has destroyed your team so he deserves it“ talk because this assumes that matchmaking would be based on skill instead of rank, and rank is based on time played, not skill.

But!!! As people say - also in this thread - we can adapt. I will do instead of complaining and (sadly) give up as solo survivor and go full SWF to minimise the number of games where the hatch comes into play. And if it does, it means the killer has actually beaten three survivors of my skill level before.

I prefer my solo life though, so I hope they make some adjustments to ECG.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

It’s the best update they’ve had in a long time, thank you behavior!

• emblema
    emblema Member Posts: 10

Yeap! now this game is totally unbalance they should call it the KILLER not Dead By Daylight!because is all about for the killers! after nerfing bower over time decisive strike and twerking killers at the time was very hard ! now is completely unplayable for survivors they have no chance! killers having the option on closing the latch should be an add-on o a perk ! exit timer also....or give that power to a new killer!, not only with need to deal with hacker killer in game now this?! everyone was waiting for developers on new servers to make it hard on hackers but not! killer hackers are still hosting so its still easy to inject the hack! there servers are only a lobby Server !Not a good job Dev's!!

• emblema

bowered time ...decisive strike.....and a few more....

• BigBlackMori
    BigBlackMori Member Posts: 220

We could go back to the days when Borrowed Time forced Killers to tunnel everyone to death no matter what and never, ever stop camping if it was near endgame because survivors would 100% escape if you left the hook. Face it; old BT was a guaranteed win. Be reasonable.

Then there was Dstrike, the epitome of a noskill perk. You get rewarded for failing? Often with a free escape? And the Killer could get hit with it four times in a match? You think that's fair, dude?

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371

What do you mean? @Theluckyboi EGC is clearly a huge nerf the Survivor archetype while at the same time being a huge buff to all Killers.

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

@SlinkyJinky The only nerfs survivors received is they can no longer teabag the killer at the gates

Hatch standoffs have ended, and that is huge buffs to both sides, not only for the killers

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

"Survivors just want their easy escape"

While the collapse is very much in favor of the killer, why shouldn't it be if the killer successfully sacrificed 3 survivors before the team could power all of the gens?

The killer did their job well enough to put the final survivor in that situation didn't they earn their 4k?

Did the final survivor earn their escape before?

No, but now they can earn it if they beat the killer to the hatch.

If it feels like a heavy nerf, it's because you had it really easy before.

Welcome to balance.

• DaGreenBolt
    DaGreenBolt Member Posts: 453

Lol borrowed time got buffed, Decisive got buffed after its nerf, and would you like to name those other nerfed perks

• SlinkyJinky

@Theluckyboi

Hatch can now be closed denying Survivor a chance to escape - nerf

Once the hatch is closed the Survivor must open one of the gates which is most likely spaced a ridiculously close distance apart - nerf.

Case in point, hatch closed, gates distanced a good 4 seconds stride apart:

In fact everything about EGC is a Survivor nerf.

• Theluckyboi

You only have to do the following to avoid this

1. find the hatch first (easy)
    2. repair the goddamn generators (also easy)

closing the hatch had to be delayed because it was broken before, killers would close it and then they only needed to find the last survivor, now you have a slight chance to open the doors

They are not nerfs are massive as those legion or Amanda received tbh, survivors shouldnt be complaining because of it

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

I notice in this image that 3 survivors are gone. I'm going to assume that they were dead before the collapse began.

If the killer did well enough to kill 2 survivors while the 3rd dc'd for unknown reasons, didn't they do well enough to earn a 4k?

You and your team failed in your only objective. Why should you be allowed to escape freely?

• SlinkyJinky

@Theluckyboi Still a one sided, wide sweepong set of Survivor only nerfs, yet according to you "You survivor mains got no nerfs this patch" - hmmm

• Theluckyboi

One sided? why? you just have to find the hatch, and you wont have to deal with the killer killing you

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

So if Wake Up! gets a buff, then it would actually become a b-tier perk...

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

It's meant to be a race to the hatch. You are meant to lose if the killer finds it first. That's the whole point.

Having the doors as an option is so you do have a chance, even if the killer finds it first.

• Nukeroot
    Nukeroot Member Posts: 7

The OP is allowed to give his opinion. There is no need to act like a child. I hate the end game now as well. I no longer find the game enjoyable.

• foxboxunionttv
    foxboxunionttv Member Posts: 48

You complain about killers being able to close the hatch but the alternative is a hatch stand off where the survivor can take the game hostage. Are you okay with that? Also the doors are located alot of times in spots where you can get enough time to open it, ive powered multiple doors since the end game started with limited problems

• foxboxunionttv
    foxboxunionttv Member Posts: 48

After 2 and a half years of survivors being the power point of the game they are finally adjusting it to make it so killers are the power point which it should be. the 4 survivors need to work together to over power the killer, it shouldn't be a game where one good survivor can just carry everyone through.

• Riif0

Sure then maybe add a way to communicate with the team? like an ingame chat or even vocal chat or both?

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Wanna bet that the devs will give in?

Because there are tons of threads demanding a change.

Survivors got a sip of their own medicine and they don't like it. They know that they'll get anything from the devs, as long as they complain loud enough.

• emblema

DagreenBolt can you tell what and how it got buffed?is this is a Joke?!

• scareadactyl
    scareadactyl Member Posts: 3

I love endgame collapse. Adds a lot more strategy! I've personally never lost as survivor once endgame collapse is activated, but I've had lots of fun ruining survivors' days by closing the hatch.

• emblema
    edited May 2019

Decisive Strike now it works after the first time your hook ,before you didn't need to be hooked so it was way better...Bowered Time was nerfed twice! first time you unhook a person both get a time shiel/protection..nerfed and only person the was unhooked was getting the buff ....then legion killer was out and after you get unhook mend (crap) added .....so made it worse for survivors......so(DagreenBolt) we can tell that you never played enough the survivors .....

I played both side surv and killers ...i have them all and all level 50 with some tiers just to see how balance it is(witch it is not!)

Still can't believe they release ASH and after the made EGC showing that its impossible to escape.cheers for Bruce Lorne Campbell.