Ghostface will be the last licensed dlc for this year?

Niitosky
Niitosky Member Posts: 329

ghostface will be the second dlc under license that we will have this year, do you think will be the last? among other things they will be two paragraphs (ash and ghostface) so they would be two dlc on license but no chapter, what do you think?

and can it be the last dlc under license of the year?

Comments

• MdsTheGriffin
    MdsTheGriffin Member Posts: 38

What other killers are there to license? I heard they won't do child killers like chucky, right? Are they going to do Jason? Are the people who own Jason even letting people license him after what happened with the other game? Would they be able to make a killer out of the Jeepers Creepers monster? Idk.. I think this might be the last DLC under license this year.

• Niitosky

F13 is impossible, there is a lawsuit pending, and jeepers said they didn't do it because those with rights were accused of harassment

they remain hellraiser and it

• pushkina
    pushkina Member Posts: 130

Norman Bates, Candyman, Pinhead, Pamela Voorhees, Pennywise and Ben Willis just to name a few.

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398

As bluberry said I hope Ghostface is the last licensed character. The only licensed killers I like are Myers and Freddy (No he isn't as bad as the community says he is). The rest are complete garbage and an insult to their horror icon status. As for ghostface, he's just a recycled killer (Myers and Pig) except that he doesn't have the stall potential of Pig or the snowball of Myers. In conclusion, Ghostface is just another cash grab for the sheeple to eat up. While the devs continue to pump out more expensive cosmetics, rubbish killers and broken perks, instead of fixing the core issues in this game. Enjoy! :)

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@Blueberry incorrect, they do. Just that the killers are either buffed or gutted before release. Spirit is an example of a relatively new Billy tier killer (Although, she's more like Nurse tier if you ask me). Hag is an example of a Billy tier killer, just slightly stronger. Plague was slightly weaker than Billy but top tier in her PTB, and was gutted.

They do release/buff these killers at his level, they just get gutted because they don't want more than 4 top tiers I think. Tbf, Nurse, Spirit, Hag and Billy is a good order for now though.

• Poweas

@KateLover obviously you don't face competent Hags and Spirits. I guarantee I could stomp you with both killers. They're undoubtedly top tier, and the 3rd (Hag) and 2nd (Spirit) best killers respectively.

I highly doubt you face good ones. They're difficult to play. Plus, Billy is a rodeo clown in comparison to the sheer power of a Hags snowball. No way he's stronger than Hag. And Spirit makes Billy a meme.

• NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810

I'd probably say yes.

Although, I think there's a ton of videogame characters they could use. As for movies through, all we really need now is Pinhead and F13 (if F13 is even possible).

• Poweas

@KateLover are you seriously upset because I stated facts? I'd not treat you differently if you used facts clearly against me, but you do you. Good day.

• Poweas

@KateLover looks like you won't even have a proper discussion with me. .-.

• bubbascal
    bubbascal Member Posts: 316
    edited May 2019
  • TwistedSegaGamer
    TwistedSegaGamer Member Posts: 109

Honestly if we get more licensed characters after Ghostface and possibly Sidney. I would like to see Pennywise. Now before a lot of you start saying why another clown?

Pennywise is a shape shifter thus likely to be either The Fear or The It or The Changer. He can have any form he wants. The reason why he often seen in his clown form is more people are becoming afraid of clowns.

I think there's so much they could do with him. I recently learned of an VR IT game. So the possibility of him showing up is likely higher. Also thanks to IT movies.

The only thing I must ask is please give us both mini series & movie Pennywise costumes. I rather have both of them instead of just the movie version.

• ModernFable
    ModernFable Member Posts: 836

I hope it’s the last licensed DLC period.

While it would be could to get some iconic faces like Jason. Or even some lesser known characters from games.

I don’t think it’s worth it. It limits creative freedom and control of their own game. While also forcing characters behind mandatory paywalls, rather than something that can be reasonably earned within the game.

I hope we’re done with licensed characters from now on. And if there’s ever a Dead by Daylight 2, I personally hope they’d avoid them all together.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited May 2019

@PoweasThat is not incorrect. Buffed or gutted before release is completely irrelevant. How they are released is their actually level of power. Spirit and Hag are slower killers so as I already said, I am referring to FULL SPEED killers being weak. I don't think you fully read what I wrote because what you are typing doesn't make any sense in relation to what I was actually saying.

"They do release/buff these killers at his level, they just get gutted"

How strong they are on a PTB is meaningless. So to count that as what I said being incorrect is just nonsense.

• GenSim12345
    GenSim12345 Member Posts: 182

i honestly hope that ghost is the last licensed killer for a good long while. I'd rather play hours upon hours to grind the shards and earn the killers rather then just have to buy them outright

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839
    edited May 2019

Even after Ghostface their still are a lot of iconic horror characters left. Here's a few that I think could fit gameplay wise in DbD based on how likely they are to show up:

A Matter of When not If:

Pinhead (Hellraiser)

Candyman (Candyman)

Could Easily Happen:

Slenderman (Slenderman)

Nemesis or Mr. X (Resident Evil)

Sadako (Ring)

Kayako (The Grudge)

Dracula (Dracula)

Wolfman ( The Wolf Man)

The Monster (Frankenstein)

Unlikely:

Xenomorph (Alien)

Jason Voorhees (Friday the 13th)

Chucky (Child's Play)

Freddy (Five Nights at Freddy)

Creature (Creature from the Black Lagoon)

Alma (F.E.A.R.)

Highly Unlikely:

Predator (Predator)

The Creeper (Jeepers Creepers)

Pennywise (It)

Carrie (Carrie)

The Thing (The Thing)

• Asssthetic
    Asssthetic Member Posts: 203

@Okapi I could see Pinhead coming to the game since the sound files that were datamined don't belong to the Scream chapter but to a different killer. But all those characters you added to the "could easily happen" list do not fit in with the game simply because of character model issues or because they actually do not make sense to add to this game.

• Poweas

@Blueberry no, it's not 'nonsense' you clearly wrote that 'they don't release killers at Billy strength anymore'. Which is including the 115% killers, the lower speed killers.

Instead of branding my comment 'nonsense' when I call you incorrect for a statement you made, at least clarify what you mean because it's obviously able to be taken in a different way.

And yes, I read your whole comment about 115% killers, but it honestly looked like you changed to all killers. Don't call my comments nonsense when you can clearly see what I accidentally took it as.

I don't know whats happened, but all of a sudden you seem quite overly defensive when discussing things with me. But, I won't bother judging you for it, since something could be going on in real life. I've had a period where I wrote some defensive things.

If you're going to respond to me with something overly defensive, don't bother responding. If you want to talk, my wall is the place.

• Toxicity23
    Toxicity23 Member Posts: 387
    edited May 2019

They should take a break from all the new chapters, and start addressing the issues on the bugs the game has, and release Dedicated Servers ALREADY!

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Dedicated servers will come when they're ready. If they don't work properly, nobody will be able to play.

• Blueberry
    edited May 2019

"no, it's not 'nonsense' you clearly wrote that 'they don't release killers at Billy strength anymore'. Which is including the 115% killers, the lower speed killers."

Which is absolutely true. You can't count something being released at Billy's strength when it is NOT released and is on PTB.

When you follow "pronoun antecedent agreement" in relation to sentence structures, the comment about other killers at Billy's strength anymore is implied to be in reference to the previous noun or pronoun used.

"Instead of branding my comment 'nonsense' when I call you incorrect for a statement you made, at least clarify what you mean because it's obviously able to be taken in a different way."

I did very specifically clarify what I meant. It was quite clear, hense the use of "nonsense". I do not believe there was any room for interpretation in my post.

"And yes, I read your whole comment about 115% killers, but it honestly looked like you changed to all killers. Don't call my comments nonsense when you can clearly see what I accidentally took it as."

First in this same post you said it WAS incorrect what I was saying and now you're saying not to call your comment nonsense when you made an accident in your understanding of what I said. So which is it, am I incorrect or did you misunderstand it accidentally. You're defending two opposing viewpoints here.

I questioned if you read the whole thing originally because "all killers" was never said. If your stance was indeed that you just misunderstood what I was saying then I apologize as I was quick to jump at you. My point is however, that doesn't seem to be your stance and that you are still saying I am incorrect.

"I don't know whats happened, but all of a sudden you seem quite overly defensive when discussing things with me."

I was quick to jump at you but that was because you stated that what I had said was incorrect. What I had said was factually correct.

Imagine someone questioning someones statement with two different approaches hypothetically:

1. Why do you feel the 115% move speed killers are weaker?
    2. You are incorrect.

You see how those two different responses would yield strikingly different reactions?

Like I said though, I do apologize as I was a little quick to jump at you and that was my mistake, I shouldn't have done that. My point is to simply show how you responded was much more likely to yield an aggressive response as compared to a different approach you could have used.

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839

All the killers under the could easily happen section are all humanoids, of normal size (5-7ft), and none of them are tied up in legal issues. How do they not fit in the game?

Sadako and Kayako are both vengeful Japanese ghosts like the Spirit. Dracula, the Monster and the Wolfman are the original classic monsters that gave birth to horror movies. The environment of the Entity's realm with its fog, moonlit forests, and desolate buildings are no different from the Universal horror films of the 1930s.

Resident Evil is the biggest horror video game series out there. A crossover with DbD would be cool. Mr X. whole shtick is he's a slow moving killer who uses brute force to kill his victims. He already acts like a DbD killer. Nemesis is more of an oddball but I'm sure the devs could balance his rocket launcher like they did with hatchets and plague vomit.

Slenderman is the oddest of the bunch. He's an entirely supernatural being but if Freddy, and Pinhead maybe, can work why not Slenderman?

• Poweas

@Blueberry ok NOW I finally undestand your side of it. Btw, about that PTB thing, I CAN count her in her PTB, you can't stop me from saying i ;). But jokes aside, I misunderstood it, your statement was valid, as was mine.

Also, my stance was all killers, like you I didn't make it clear which is my bad.

Also, about 115% killers, what buffs do you think they could get? I know I'm drifting off a bit from the topic, but what do you think could be done to make them Billy tier.

• Blueberry
    edited May 2019

I was just in the midst of editing my post more. It was still more aggressive than I intended towards you lol.

"Also, about 115% killers, what buffs do you think they could get? I know I'm drifting off a bit from the topic, but what do you think could be done to make them Billy tier."

Well that's a large can of worms to tackle. I don't believe it is simply just buffs to those killers but a few things combined.

For one, maps are designed poorly and they really need reworks. They are designed for pallet looping as their key feature without much emphasis on stealth. Realistically against a skilled rank 1 killer on "most" maps you aren't ever losing the killer with a juke unless he just gives up on you. It can happen, just rarely.

I think killer hit boxes need to be lowered which will reduced the amount of loops and more pallets made mind gameable. There are too many "safe" pallets that you just have to eat. I'd ideally like "most" not all, pallets to be a battle of skill between the two players. My even bigger issue with the pallets isn't how safe they are though, and instead more with how much time they are able to waste. I'd ideally like that amount of time lowered.

Not necessarily both, but either most pallets being made mind gameable or keep them safe and just lower the amount of time that can be wasted at each one.

At the same time this change happens, the maps need MASSIVELY more debris/plants/reeds/boxes/fog. This would add a lot more skill into making jukes mid chase and open up a lot more play styles.

This map change and pallet change would be huge on the meta because these changes would inadvertently nerf "chase" killers and buff "stealth" killers without actually touching them. "Most" of the games best killers are the chase killers currently and "most" of the stealth killers are much lower currently.

The entire benefit of most those 115% stealth killers is "supposed" to be finding and getting an easier first hit on survivors because they suck in chase. However in reality, this doesn't work out because most those stealth killers can't get that first hit free because of a couple things. First, because pallets waste so much time, they end up having more readily available and within reach every time you would surprise them. They also have handicapped all the stealth killers surprise hits. Most of them have multiple seconds after finding someone before they can attack which gives the survivors all the time they need to get to a safe spot and render their "surprise" utterly irrelevant. Without all the extra "debris/plants/reeds/boxes/fog" it's also extremely easy in "most" not all, cases to see them coming.

The devs want counter play for the stealth killers when they find someone, but to me their counter play IS just being observant to your surroundings, maybe holding back slamming down that gen if no ones in chase currently, or simply actually running anti stealth killer perks like Spine Chill, Premonition, etc.

It's hard to answer your question generally towards all 115% killers because there are specific changes to each one that they need and not something that's just a blanket change for all of them. Other than what I've already mentioned anyway.

In general they do need some 115% killers for the less skilled players to be able to use, but I think the slower killers are way healthier for the game. This is because you can make them extremely strong when their power is used correctly ie rank 1 viability if you will. While at the same time they don't destroy low ranks because their power is difficult to use and requires skill or practice. It's basically the scenario you see with nurse. She's very strong at rank 1 but isn't really an issue at other ranks. Killers also dominate at lower ranks where survivors don't know what they're doing so this would just help them out a little more as well.

Now I don't mean to get into a discussion about how balanced we do or don't think nurse is, but you get the point I'm making. You could use Spirit as probably a better example as most killers and survivors alike consider her as one of the most balanced killer while also being rank 1 viable.

I can go into each 115% killer specifically if you like, but those are the "general" blanket changes I think would fix a lot to start.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

I hope this is the last licensed killer unless they rework things for Chucky matches.

Outside of Chucky I don't want anyone else. Seriously.

• Poweas
    edited May 2019

@Blueberry that is an extremely unbiased and good suggestion. I rate it! I'd love all of those except the killer hitbox decrease, since if pallets were less safe and mind gameable, you don't need to nerf loops in another way.

But wow, that's a really smart suggestion, you should make a thread about it in general discussions.

• Flyingdrull
    Flyingdrull Member Posts: 18

the only problem is when would this ever happen because of how the devs are acting now... love the idea of this but i doubt we will see it if not until a few more years sadly.

With these changes most killers would be fine probably except the doctor who is the anti-stealth decent chase killer but oh well.

• Mr_Black
    Mr_Black Member Posts: 93

Are you suuuuurrrrreee?

• drekin7979
    drekin7979 Member Posts: 94

Add Cujo. Woof!

• Blueberry

That's why I've never really bothered to make an official post over it. I don't feel the devs would ever actually commit to it. It's also a huge list of maps to adjust that just keeps getting larger the longer it takes to make it happen. I usually offer less optimal changes that wouldn't be as good but would require much less work and would be more feasible to happen even if they aren't the most optimal choice.

Like I mentioned there are a TON of other things I would do and that the game would highly benefit from that I didn't even mention here, but map design is THE biggest issue for the games balance right now alongside SWF. A lot of killers that need changes only need them because of the poor map design.

Doctor would actually end up balancing himself out. This is because Calm Spirit is really only worth it against him and if he ever did become that strong and everyone runs Calm Spirit it destroys him. Just the fact that he has a hard counter available like that pretty much ensures he will never be "too good". Similar to Trapper with Small Game.

• Blueberry

I havn't bothered since it feels like it just falls on deaf ears, but maybe I'll just copy paste it so it isn't really much extra work anyway.

• Niitosky

so of those sounds that were leaked from the game files, some were not used for ghostface?

• Niitosky

I really hope so, but I don't think so, because in dev build there was only ghostface, no clue about survivor or map, not even offers or items related to a chapter on scream :(

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

then i will call you crazy xd i dont think pinhead will ever be in this game but probably candyman or something similar now ghostface i will say that its a standalone since the leak theres no clues about the new map and the survivor also someone mentioned that some ppl have tried the dlc and they said that theres no survivor and no map

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

Why would this be the last licensed killer if they only had just the one for this year?