Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Hear me out on this.

ArcaneMantis
ArcaneMantis Member Posts: 29
edited July 2018 in General Discussions

So I've got two ideas that might help killers just a bit thought I'd see how well they were received.

I1: Built in Mori- As for the requirements I think that after you've hooked all the survivors separately at least once and have a total of 6 hooks in game be able to kill one survivor in the trial without a mori offering. Helps killers a bit in an obvious way of just knocking someone out and also prompts them from tunneling/camping since the requirement is that you hook all 4. I also think this would at least put a LITTLE pressure on survivors. Would this be OP?

I2: Time limit on exit gates- This one is bit more half baked but I think it would add a bit of flare if once the exit gates are opened after a certain amount of time they slowly start to close. The gate CAN be re-opened but the opening time will be a bit longer this time. I just kinda like the idea for games that tend to get held hostage by trolls and just prompts survivors to leave once they've accomplished their objective or risk being stuck with the killer for another few minutes and die. Or take that risk to accomplish MORE objectives for the points (totems/hatch win etc) Thoughts?

Comments

• Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
    Mrrgle_the_Mediocre Member Posts: 346

@ArcaneMantis said:
    So I've got two ideas that might help killers just a bit thought I'd see how well they were received.

I1: Built in Mori- As for the requirements I think that after you've hooked all the survivors separately at least once and have a total of 6 hooks in game be able to kill one survivor in the trial without a mori offering. Helps killers a bit in an obvious way of just knocking someone out and also prompts them from tunneling/camping since the requirement is that you hook all 4. I also think this would at least put a LITTLE pressure on survivors. Would this be OP?

I2: Time limit on exit gates- This one is bit more half baked but I think it would add a bit of flare if once the exit gates are opened after a certain amount of time they slowly start to close. The gate CAN be re-opened but the opening time will be a bit longer this time. I just kinda like the idea for games that tend to get held hostage by trolls and just prompts survivors to leave once they've accomplished their objective or risk being stuck with the killer for another few minutes and die. Or take that risk to accomplish MORE objectives for the points (totems/hatch win etc) Thoughts?

The built-in Mori seems to make Hex: Devour Hope a bit redundant, but it's good.
    As a killer main, however, the second idea about the Time Limit on Gates is.... MWAH.

• ArcaneMantis
    ArcaneMantis Member Posts: 29
    edited July 2018

I guess it would make devour hope kinda redundant. At the same time though...it also can't be "broken" as a hex can. Didnt even think about that. I'll rethink that one abit. I know this would never happen but I thought it'd be pretty sweet if jumping damage were a thing. I mean it just seems like that should be an instant down when you're jumping from a third story window and land a hit on a survivor.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

Your first idea might get added to the game, last stream they quickly talked that they where planning on trying to find a way to have a mori without offering/perk.
    Even doe it seem more likely to me that they'll thrash the mori that let you kill the last survivor and just allow you to mori the last survivor alive or on the map every single time.

• billynair
    billynair Member Posts: 78

@Dragonredking said:
    Even doe it seem more likely to me that they'll thrash the mori that let you kill the last survivor and just allow you to mori the last survivor alive or on the map every single time.

This already is in the game, if you hook the last survivor he doesnt get any chance to get off the hook. Yes, not technically a Mori, but the ONLY difference is you need to take him to the hook. There is no waiting for him to Kobe off