The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Leader Rework

I had an idea to help make Dwight's Leader perk more flavorful. Instead of just a %speed boost to some random actions, what if it let you put the markers down that the map add-on has? Each rank of the perk gives you 1 maximum marker on the map (up to 3 total at rank 3) at a time with a cooldown (probably 30-45 seconds) to place a new marker, with going past your perk's maximum replacing the oldest one similar to Hag's traps. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092

I dunno, imagine 4 people with Leader. That'd be a LOT of visual information coming at you without really knowing what it all means.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I would like this, could help solo players.

• Æthercosm
    Æthercosm Member Posts: 10

Maybe just one marker then with a duration that goes up and a CD that goes down with rank?

• Atrushan88
    edited May 2019

Sorry, can't quote as my Microsoft edge just refreshes the page when I try, so to reply, MAYBE, but at the same time still feels like it'd be a really strong troll tool. Someone marks the killer, players think it's a gen to meet up at, and boom the killer has a field day. Plus Leader gives you speed in pretty much every possible action, it feels like a really good perk already. Maybe another perk could be done this way that isn't so good, or a brand new perk.

• Æthercosm

I feel like if they let the marker mechanic be in the game as an add-on to the map, I figured we could have it as a perk as well. It also fits the Leader flavor better and if you still want the current Leader's effects, they could move to another/new perk with a more fitting flavor.

• Æthercosm

To be more clear, I want the Leader perk to make me feel like I'm doing something to help coordinate the team rather than just provide an aura.

• Atrushan88
    edited May 2019

Yeah, but on the map side, you're not likely to have 4 people using a map. 4 people using leader could be random, since you don't know who has what perks. In addition, imagine 4 maps with 4 leaders all with the ability to mark locations. It's not likely, but it could potentially be very overwhelming. Perhaps there's potential in making it where if the leader is within the killer's terror radius, it's aura is revealed to other players on the map within so many meters or something, if you want the leader to relay visual information, or if he's in the area of the hatch, or the exit gates.