'Skilled Huntress' trophy needs tweak

Options

Hi all. Huntress is not one of my most favoured killers (I know git gud etc) but I am finishing off the trophies and finding grinding for 'Skilled Huntress' a particularly irritating experience. I mean 100 DOWNS. FROM 24 metres away? It should just be 100 downs from any distance or 100 HITS from 24 metres. Or am I just being a big tart? Thanks.

Comments

• Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478
    Options

Git gud... nah I dont have that one neither and my Huntress is p2 level 50

• drekin7979
    drekin7979 Member Posts: 94
    Options

It must of been easier on release as Huntress' hatches were insta-down if I recall before she got nerfed. Now I have to keep farting about trying to get that red add-on. It's a right pain.

• BillSimmons
    BillSimmons Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 74
    Options

I don't know about any distance, personally I love the long shot. Whether it's a low charge arc over a hill or a missle from a ways away, it's the most satisfying thing to pull off as Huntress.

I wouldn't try to grind this one out and let it happen over time, going for long shots only will probably leave you frustrated like it has already :)

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Options

Just throw red add-on hatchets at random from the middle of the map, you may hit something

• drekin7979
    Options

That's true. Would you believe I got Swirling Death on literally the last match I played after posting this topic? I was hoping to get Skilled Huntress and at the same time grind for Swirling Death...but that's gone out the window.

• Trotfoxx
    Trotfoxx Member Posts: 105
    Options

100? Wow, on PC it's 20 and i consider it too much; it sucks. Best you can do is using iridescent and aim to a hooked surv. or be friendly and get someone on a gen. Doing it playing "normal" it's... well, absurdly hard, specially using a controller.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,206
    Options

I'm willing to help with this trophy I need it too.love to also get help getting Where did they go? trophy just need 5 people willing to help one another

btw @Peanits ok ps4 can we get tho trophy in KYF?

• Orti
    Orti Member Posts: 198
    Options

I love that this trophie is hard to earn makes it actually rewarding to get it

• NekoGamerX
    Options

thanks makes this harder not impossible to bad it can't be 20.

we need trophie hunting group to help people who need help

• drekin7979
    Options

It's a horrid trophy. 😄Perhaps the worst outside some of the Adepts.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,761
    Options

Keep your head up. You'll get there... some day... maybe. 😅

I probably have about 3. Once we hot 60 fps and maybe higher sensitivity on PS4 I'll make a serious attempt at it.

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504
    Options

I have two downs towards this achievement. The only reasonable way I could see myself getting this achievement is by buckling down and farming with the Survivors and I'm at 95% completion.

• Brawler
    Brawler Member Posts: 331
    Options

Nurse's Calling actually might help you doing that, especially the one on Tier 2. When you play on an open map, it's easy to get progress toward the achievement.

• NekoGamerX
    Options

we can all get together help each other. only way I see it working get 5 people who need to use swf and take turns being killer

• CptKirk73
    CptKirk73 Member Posts: 5
    Options

This is the one trophy that I’m missing in the game. Yes it’s extremely difficult. I just wish there was a way to track the progress so I knew if I was doing it right or not. But that’s a Sony problem not a game problem.

It would be nice though, if there were an indication or even a bonus. Something like the hag on teleportation hits or the Spirit with phase hits. It gives you extra points and tells you if you’ve done it. Something like a long distance down with a 300 point pop up. At least then I’d know if I’d made progress.

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897
    Options

This trophy? Wait an event, go with Huntress and find a group that wanna farm for 500% extra BP. Down then aways from further than 20 - wich is a long distance, actually, so go very far away.

Or...

Do as I do. Dont care and one day the trophy will pop. Its not required for Platinum anyway.

And Sony: go suck balls with your ######### trophy changing restricted policy.

• CptKirk73
    Options

It’s one of those things. I don’t care as I don’t play huntress and already have the platinum. But, it’s the only one I’m missing and every time I see that missing one it bugs me :)

I’ve completed the current tome and am trying to peck away at it. It’s helped as some get what I’m for and help. Some get it too and purposely try to make sure I don’t get it.

Unfortunately it’s made my rank drop and the newer survivors don’t realize that I’m trying to do this and give them points at the same time.

• just_teme
    just_teme Member Posts: 195
    Options

its pretty easy if you play huntress alot just go for long distance hatchets. I feel like 90% of the survivours dont even understand you can throw that far and they never even try to dodge.

• CalamityJane
    CalamityJane Member Posts: 487
    Options

Just wait for double bloodpoints, chuck on BPS and iridescent heads and farm it.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947
    Options

Yes Sony is a real pita with changing trophies which is why other devs find ways to circumvent the trophy roadblocks. Why not make the trophy "In public matches, down survivors 10 times with The Huntress' Hatchets further than 24 meters while using Iridescent Head." Other devs have found creative ways to bypass the silliness of Sony controlling things too much. One even started counting one as 10 for the purposes of easing the trophy grind when people complained. In that case, credit 5x per one hit. Or run a trophy event, double or triple progress bc most of them are super boring and way too grindy.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

On a different killer with a large number grinding achievement, why is the Trapper one worded the same "catch Survivors in bear traps" as the daily but you only get progress towards the achievement when you pick them up out of the trap not just when they step in it but for the daily they just have to step in the traps?

• chase131119
    chase131119 Member Posts: 839
    Options

Here's a tip, throw on iri head and infantry belt. Hook a survivor and get 24 meters away them, hold a hatchet and wait for someone to save. Once you get the save notification, immediately throw your hatchet. If you're lined up correctly you should get a down.

• gelukrait
    gelukrait Member Posts: 172
    Options

I gave up with this trophy, but if you need a person in that 5 ppl, you can DM me :)

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,576
    Options

Although I played this game for more than 2.7k hours, I only managed to get 3 such downs so far. I do not play Huntress regularly, though. It's the only achievement I'm missing, besided the achievements from the SH chapter which I don't own. It's really sad that I likely will never get that one finished, bc I s*ck too much with her :-(.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,972
    Options

Honestly, I would just pick Huntress and either use map offerings or hope you get a nice open map. Stand on top of a hill or somewhere that has decent vision of most of the map and just chuck hatchets at anyone you see.

As a survivor main, if I saw a Huntress doing this, I would stand still and let them have target practice (after getting at least 2 gens done to make sure we have a chance of getting out if they decide to start hooking people) Any survivor main that passes up opportunities to meme is boring XD

• NekoGamerX
    Options

yea it the only one I don't have but it don't work in kill your fiends so like how can we do it?

I got this game on steam and ps4 this thing mess up like 20 for steam and 100 ps4 how that fair?

but it's funny the do totem one on steam like 100 but on ps4 it what 10 or 20.

• coley_219
    coley_219 Member Posts: 324
    Options

there was an older thread looking for updates on this topic too ...any chance we can at least get a tracker to see how many counts we currently have? I've logged 113 downs on paper and still n o trophy. obviously my gauge of more than 24 meters is off :(

• gelukrait
    Options
  • NekoGamerX
    Options

well we try not on my ps4 tonight my username it NekoGamerX just like here also same for my steam user name.

• gelukrait
    Options

Oops, I tried to add your PSN but got error, can you add me back? My PSN is same as my forum username. Feel free to set a boost schedule with me when we have 3 ppl.

P/s: I would like to send this in private message, but the forum does not support it :D

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,794
    Options

Every time I see a topic about this achievement pop up I am so glad I got it. Its a nightmare.

• NekoGamerX
    Options

I will next time I'm on which will be sunday night. my times

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    Options

The worst part is not having a stats screen saying how many you already did, and not knowing if they were far enough away to count.

Oh then there's the survivors at the exit gates. They'll never allow you to get at least one down with a long range hatchet, even while not playing seriously all match.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    Options

No the addon was still there it just only took away 1 hatchet

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

Not on PS4. Sony won't let games change their achievements unless the achievement becomes literally impossible.

• CptKirk73
    Options

I had always wondered why it was different on PS4. I have made progress, at least I think I have. Some players understand what I’m trying to do and help me out. I try not to do too many in a match so I don’t hinder points of anyone. I have just dropped s omicron his rank that I’m getting newer people who don’t understand and flee all the time.

My biggest problem is judging distance. I could have 75 downs or I could have 7.

• Rasinbran
    Rasinbran Member Posts: 240
    Options

Lol scrolling through these comments just make me laugh. Offering to farm, resort to using iridescent head, aim randomly at stuff.

Just practice looking at survivors from a distance. Sometimes i can find a survivor in 10s of a match if it's a particularly open and clear map like autohaven.

The next step is to practice lob shots cause those can go over hills and gens. A fully charged shot can clear a gen and hit a survivor that's working on it just to mention.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,205
    edited August 2020
    Options

Just see it more like a livetime-achievement which actually takes skill. I main her on Xbox since she came out and got the achievement long before they nerfed the requirements from 100 to 20. NC helped me alot on this as her TR (not the humming) is only 20m. Even it got a bit harder since they nerfed her extended hitboxes. My advice: Just play her for fun and sexy shots, don't expact to win good Survivors and you'll get the achievement one day.