LF Shouldn't have Multi Down

Options
EnviouSLAY
EnviouSLAY Member Posts: 300

LF's Multidown mechanic is way to toxic & face camp friendly..I'd rather see the Cannibal get a buff in other areas to take that out of his kit.

Comments

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704
    edited May 2019
    Options

Its fine, otherwise hed just end up a another clone of other killers, like hillbilly

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

It's the only thing he's got going for him, unfortunately.

I'd much rather see a change than a nerf.

• holywhitetrash
    holywhitetrash Member Posts: 289
    Options

just because i like to argue

that is iconic to him in this game but i dont remember him ever hitting multiple people with the chain saw in the films

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    Options

Let's see we already got Pig and Legion. Let's murder nurse next for nurse appreciation week!

• Flyingdrull
    Flyingdrull Member Posts: 18
    Options

You realize the OP said to buff other things of LF right. He/She said that they get rid of the multidown and add buffs to other areas of LF. Sounds pretty good to me... his multi hit down really never actually happens like....ever. Only against dumb survivors does he get at most 2 people down (which i won't lie whenever that happens it feels pretty nice).

Buffs I like to see on him are like what Frozenscum mentioned earlier to make the chainsaw faster in a sense and do something about his tantrum (which is more iconic than the multidown because it is a reference to the ending of the first Texas chainsaw massacre).

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371
    Options

Come on, people paid good money for a guaranteed face camp win 😜

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

Last time I checked survivors needed to make mistakes to end up on the hook. 🤔

• EnviouSLAY
    EnviouSLAY Member Posts: 300
    Options

have you played survivor? because if you actually watch other people play, or play yourself you'd notice that 9 times out of 10 a hit connects that shouldn't have reached you in the first place. Even from dedicated servers on the last PTB that did not change anything with it being a "peer to peer ping issue" survivors hitboxes are messed up.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    Options

Yes I agree

While we are at it, lets cut his balls off as well, what is left anyway?

• dnj510
    dnj510 Member Posts: 438
    Options

I ran around a pillar twice on the Temple of Purgation map and avoided his hits at close range. His power can be countered if the game works in your favor.

I think his chainsaw hits should be 4-5 hits at max, not 6, but that's just my opinion.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Options

Alternatively make it so his saw has a longer duration that resets the sprint duration if you hit a survivour.

Now that will make actually multi hitting possible.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

@Flyingdrull

The problem with this concept is, why nerf the multi-down in the first place? Its not like Legion where you can buff something and becomes broken, so you nerf something else. The multi-down isnt something that prevents LF from getting buffed. He just straight up sucks. He doesnt need "balance" changes, he needs buffs.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,051
    Options

PTB dedicated servers test was only about testint the load. Hit detection was in an unfinished state.

@Topic I don't see a huge issue with LF multidown. Yes, it rarely happens in chase scenarios that you hit more than one survivor or pallet. And I know it makes LF quite stron in the basement and camp scenarios. But LF is currently in need for adjustments, that should be considered first. Removing the multihit should be an afterthought.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

Mutli-down is literally the only unique thing about him. If anything, he'd need a buff or two.

• GhostrickSpecter
    GhostrickSpecter Member Posts: 460
    Options

Dude, without that multi-down, he becomes the worst killer in the whole Dead by Daylight history, even worst than Freddy!

• Flyingdrull
    Flyingdrull Member Posts: 18
    Options

I was just going with what the OP said. Really the multi-down does nothing so no reason to really get rid of it. It was just because of the concept of face camping and it being near impossible to get them off. But yeah i see no harm in keeping the multi-down really

• letuce
    letuce Member Posts: 89
    Options
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

what do you mean?

Bubbas have a highly complex thought process they need to go through while playing!

• letuce
    letuce Member Posts: 89
    Options

Who would win, a team of four made of veterans, athletes, fighters, and super natural survivors. Or some basement boi.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

What, should Buba's Chainsaw put himself into the dying state instead?

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

Can I ask a question? (I'mma ask anyways :P)

Besides basements and hook rescues, when does a Leatherdaddy ever actually hit more then one person?

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Post edited by Yamaoka on
  • Toxicity23
    Toxicity23 Member Posts: 387
    edited May 2019
    Options

Is- Is he actually serious? Is this person actually- What? How the- What the [Curse]? I'm sincerely confused, why the f### would you think this is a good idea? I'm pretty sure he's good where he is. He might need a few tweaks, but WHY would you gut the only thing GOOD about Leatherdaddi?

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

@Yamaoka That's uh... That's really something.

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319
    Options

I'd love to see the multi-hit replaced with some sort of rampaging anti-loop mechanic.