Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Did ANYONE buy Ash NOT for MoM?

TheGameZpro3
TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 699

Title

I looked on threads (not hard enough, but still did), and I can't find anyone who bought Ash because he's Ash. Heck, there's even a thread titled "Just bought Ash DLC for MoM."

Honestly, this kinda makes me sad that no one wants him cause he's a badass, but because of his Mom.

So again, did you buy Ash just for his Mom, or did you buy him cause you like the character.

Or like me, someone who doesn't have he money to, and didn't get him?

Comments

• TheGameZpro3

Hm, sounds pretty Groovy

• pushkina
    pushkina Member Posts: 130
    edited May 2019

I bought Ash because i want all the perks. But i only played a few game with his perks.

• TheGameZpro3

at least it wasn't only for MoM.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

I love Ash, and Evil Dead, and Ash vs Evil Dead, and Bruce Campbell, so yeah, that was my main reason.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

I love Ash. That's why I bought Ash and both of his outfits. He could have had zero unique perks and I still would have bought him.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

Most wouldn't make a thread about getting a character regardless of their perks. I got Michael, regardless of perks. I got Kate, regardless of perks.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

The problem with Ash is that he's the same as other survivors, minus the unique cosmetics. It's not like killers where each one makes you play differently. So of course it doesn't surprise me people only bought Ash for perks since they're the only thing that changes the game for survivors.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I bought him to have every perk.

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371
    edited May 2019

Bought Ash because

He's just a badass legend

And totally hilarious in the face of the grimiest, darkest, insurmountable odds.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

I'm pretty sure at this point most people buy characters on principle, I have them all already, whats £4 - £7 to get more survivors/killers to enjoy.

The majority of my friends have bought him just because they always buy the DLC.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

I bought him just because I buy all characters that come out. Never used MoM, except when getting Adept Ash. Hell, I don't even like Evil Dead, it's so dumb and unfunny. I just want to support BHVR, without spending on stupid cosmetics.

• fluffybunny

@Mc_Harty Ash came from something. So you have people getting him 'cause they're a fan of Ash and you also have people getting him because they get all the DLC.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092

Ash seems like a pretty loud character, so I haven't bought him. I do plan on getting MoM once it comes out in the shrine though. I just hope they don't make it based on altruistic actions. The perk's name makes it sound like you're innately tanky. I feel like they should just give you 3 initial hits for first down, while also always visible to killer's aura reading outside of 12/14/16 meters.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Personally, I've just bought every dlc possible as soon as it's released because life < dbd.

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238

I buy ash because im a veteran from the horror movies and evil dead trilogy (and the series) are one of my favourites .

In the first second when ash was out i bought it

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238

ghostface will not be the exception

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

Yes. I buy all the characters.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@George_Soros Ironically, its cheaper to buy whole DLCs from the game's steam store page than a single cosmetic from the store..

On topic. I haven't bought anything coming from Behavior in a while and I plan not to support them until they start actually fixing #########. Saying that they are planning on fixing things are empty and meaningless without action.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

So did Laurie, Detective Tapp and Quentin. And they all play the exact same way.

• PyroDude
    PyroDude Member Posts: 454

I did. I am a big fan of Ash vs Evil Dead

I only used MoM for adept Ash and thats it

I don't use it so I don't mind changes on it.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

I bought ash NOT for MoM, but for Ashy Slashy

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

I find that buying a survivor just for the character is weird, considering they're all skins and offer no real advantage. In reality, you're buying a skin and the ability to get more skins for that character later on alongside the main benefit of having more perks to put into builds. Only the latter is really an important factor

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

@MineAntoiya Sound and size of the character bring advantages and disadvantages

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@se05239 I think you're too hard on them. A LOT of recent changes are great, and we also tend to forget that even though a number of new bugs come every time with a new chapter, many of them are fixed relatively shortly (Trapper unable to grab from trap or Legion blades exploit come to mind, also there are significantly less occurences of infinite loading screens... and there are many more examples). Also, gameplay/balance issues are slowly but surely solved: just think about the much needed healing nerf some time ago, DS rework, or the upcoming MoM change.

I definitely can't see any major (gamebraking) problem with the game. And despite of a lot of annoying issues, you gotta admit: the core concept of DBD is brilliant, it's insanely fun to play (yes, insanely frustrating too at times but that just shows it's greatness). And it clearly involves a lot of hard work and knowledge... this is something that deserves our gratitude. Whether we show it by buying stuff so they can continue working on the game, or at least by not criticizing the existing problems too harsh, is anyone's own decision. But the good immensely outweighs the bad. That's how I see it at least.

... end of sermon, sorry for going off topic.

• VESSEL

@Hoodedfengm1n people who care about winning will play Claudette. Nuff said

• Mazemel
    Mazemel Member Posts: 14

I bought Ash just for the puppet

• TheGhostofZgor
    TheGhostofZgor Member Posts: 334

Ash is my horror movie hero. Evil Dead 2 is my favorite movie. I'd have bought and mained him if his perks sucked.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

I bought Ash for several reasons, but not for his Perks. I don't use MoM.

• fluffybunny

They're also a voice. @MineAntoiya Their bodies are also different, too. Try putting Jane on Kate, for instance, or Kate on Meg.

• VESSEL

@fluffybunny They're skins where it counts. If you told me that I had to win the next survivor game NO MATTER WHAT, I would play Claudette with DH, SC, MOM, and DS. In fact I still keep that similar idea because all my survivors are fitted with the gothest clothing possible.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

I bought Ash for Ash

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

People didn't buy Ash for Ash?!

Time to release another plague

• Kur7
    Kur7 Member Posts: 8

i bought ash for ash... i dont care much about mom, hes my main now

• RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850

I bought Ash for Ash. He was my #1 wishlist survivor and getting Bruce's likeness AND voice lines is better than any perks he could have come with.

His perks could all he Left Behind level bad and I'd have paid twice as much as I did for him.

• Skelly
    Skelly Member Posts: 10

Survivors are just reskins of each other. So it really doesn't matter if you're buying them because you think they look "bad ass", people buy DLC's for their perks. At least with survivors they do, killers obviously get a whole range of unique abilities so it's worth buying them and actually using them. Just my opinion of course! I bought him for his perks but I rarely ever use MoM.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

I bought Ash for Ash. I been a fan of Evil Dead for well over 30 years. Its Bruce Campbell. That alone is reason to buy.

While yes, survivors are basically skins, certain characters are just simply iconic. Ash is one of them.

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857

Still plan on buying him even without mom being a god tier perk. I like the character and the voice lines are cool. If Bill was paid I think most people would buy him just based on it alone without the cool perks.

• BlackMercury
    BlackMercury Member Posts: 172

I bought Ash for Ash. Buying him just for the perks seems pretty foolish, especially knowing they could be changed at any time, and especially knowing that MoM was already going to be a divisive perk that would very likely be changed.

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857

ED2 was my favorite. I wanna get into the show, which canon does the movie follow? (Each movie is basically its own canon with how each one retcons the last one)

• CubeyBlueDice
    CubeyBlueDice Member Posts: 61

I would buy ash just for flip flop. I just love those kind of perks. Buckle Up also seems like a fun perk to use

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

I bought Ash for ash I don't even use MoM most useful perk he has that I love is Flip-Flop

Flip-Flop+Boil Over=anti slug build

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,214

I will admit to being guilty of running MoM on Ash when I do play him. Which is... roughly once or twice since I adepted him. He's somewhere around Lvl 15 right now, so I'm nowhere near getting it for anyone else.

I got Ash because I want to support this game, as much as I disagree with a lot that the devs have done. I'll do the same with Ghostface, regardless of how bad his power ends up or what his perks are.

In all honesty, when I get some more perks that actually fit him, I'll likely drop MoM all together.

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043

Definitely Ash for Ash, plus I generally get the dlcs anyway plague being my only real regret thus far. I tried his perks on the ps4 leak and wasn’t that thrilled but his voice lines, scream etc. are amazing. I basically main him and he’ll always be an “intense chases” character because killers expect MoM which I haven’t used on him ever. (Reminds me I haven’t got the adept yet)

I actually got him before watching evil dead (only watched it recently, what an experience) because he just seemed cool to me plus voice lines so...watching the movies after becoming an Ash main felt necessary. It was.