Killers tunnel no matter what?

Kikki
Kikki Member Posts: 536

Seriously,is this a new trend ? No matter if you have bt or he has a obsession perk that is not dying light.

Do you share my experience?

Comments

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

What rank? I avoid tunneling because between BT and DS it’s not a good idea

• Endorb
    Endorb Member Posts: 151

I don't really tunnel as killer; I just go for whoever's closest. Though I always go for an injured vs uninjured if they're together and break apart because that's more efficient.

As for playing survivor; I haven't noticed it at all on myself, but once or twice on my SWF friends (started playing for this rank season on the first, currently rank 7).

• Kikki

Come on,if you have a obsession perk that is not dying light and you tunneling the obsession so hard... then why are you running this perk? It is kinda dump

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

I don’t like to tunnel unless the survivors are being cocky or the other survivor that saved them is being extremely immersive or has a VERY strong set up. Typically I go after the rescuer instead of the one who was just hooked.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Yeah we do, why?

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    edited May 2019

I tunnel if it means it will make it easier for me, it's not like if I find the same survivor two times in a row I leave them alone, or if they get unhooked next to me without BT I will tunnel, of course, it's the easiest way.

Survivors can be toxic as much as they want, I will play as I want to play.

• Kikki

Do some people read what i has write ?! I don't mean the normal tunneling. Geez

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I run DS and unbreakable no matter what.

• LCGaster
    edited May 2019

I always use Save the Best for Last and still tunnel the obsession if it makes it easier for me.

My point remains the same

• LCGaster

Sure, it's always the fault of the other side, how mature

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

The way I see it if your teammate unhooks you in my face and doesn't give you any protection from me then they don't care about your survivability and neither do I you will go back down wait for ~40s while I do a perimeter sweep then back on the hook you go

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    edited May 2019

Why shouldn't they?

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Saw someone does this to a friend of mine yesterday. Literally stood in front of him injured after healing her and he went for her instead.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Killers "tunneling" is synonymous with a cat playing with a ball of yarn. The ball is destroyed but the cat is tangled in its own mess.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814
    edited May 2019

In 90% of cases going for easy prey is more efficient (injured, if hooked already propably doesn't know how to loop well, freshly unhooked survs tend to waste pallets). Also if you tbag you will most likely get camped/tunneled.

Start apreciating killers who play 'fair' because even in games that everyone was hooked twice and they live only because of ds, adrenaline, mom combination i see many other survs bming killer in chat for not having a kill.

You are doing it to yourselves. You're at gate, exit without tbag, you would be surprised how easy it is to follow players on steam, even if they change nick often. I personally mori on sight people who dc and leave others with 3 man 5 gen games.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Remember me also makes you want to tunnel the obsession. And rancor has strategies that go either way.

Only save the best for last actively discourages it

• Skelly
    Skelly Member Posts: 10

Killers tunnel because they're insecure that they might not get that 4k. Killers have a very specific way of how the game should be balanced, and that way of thinking is that killers should be able to get 4k's very easily. If you threaten their 4k they will tunnel because 3 survivors vs 1 killer is difficult to come out of. Not to mention they tunnel if you gen rush- err I mean if you do the objective to quickly. Tunneling is always prevalent and sadly their is no real cure of it besides running anti-tunnel builds or perks.

I wish you luck though in your future trials! Just remember not to stay in post chat, calling that killer a ##### isn't gonna stop them from tunneling.

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371

@TreemanXD If you run Unbreakable how about Flipflop? both are equally, situationally reliant on the Killer neglecting you on the ground. Add DS into the mix and you potentially have 2 escapes lined up while being carried to the hook. Add Boil Over and it makes it even more likely.

I'm going to try this lol.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Boil Over won't help you. It just makes the effect of wiggling greater on the killer and only if they don't have iron grasp. Also not seeing hook aura at 14m is useless as killers would have to go physically blind to not a see the actual hook at 14m,

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Killers target the beneficial choice for within the moment. The only thing I would consider as tunneling is when they completely ignore better opportunities to focus down a single survivor. A survivor with bt is still a better choice than an unhooked healthy survivor in most cases.

• letuce
    letuce Member Posts: 89

As a killer, if I see 2 targets, I'll pick the better choice. Injured >healthy, hooked twice > hooked once > never hooked, toolbox > map > key > nothing > medkit > flash light.

And if I'm not about to hit someone, carrying someone, other side of map, then I'm returning to where someone was unhooked.

Ill make exceptions if someone is being farmed. But otherwise, if you don't want to be tunnelled, don't get healed at the hook, and go hide if you suspect the killer will come back for you

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@SlinkyJinky my build changes almost every day so I’m not running them anymore.

• Gothy
    Gothy Member Posts: 3

Thing is, people play this game competively but they forget there are no rewards doing so. Fun is forbidden in DBD, 4k is a must by any measure. Ruining someones game by tunneling is mandatory. At the end of the day, we only love ourselves and need those BP's to get all characters to p3 and after awhile stop playing this game, because nothing to achieve. Thinking glad we had no fun doing so, but still it was so worth it. After all we made someones day little more worse and proud of it. This world never has enough of bitter tears and sorrow. Lets stare our bellytbuttons more, shall we? Who wants to have fun in games anyways..

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

If they aren't camping then tunneling isn't going to be a problem. If you keep getting found and downed by a killer who isn't camping then the survivor obviously isn't playing well because how would they keep getting found? That just means the survivor has garbage stealth skills.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

Also PS4, at Rank 5 atm and 100% tunnel. They tunnel so hard they ignore everyone just to get you. And DS, BT, nothing works! lol Also running into Killers leaving people on the ground and letting DS timer run out. The one build that works well for me has been: Flip-flop, Boil Over, Tenacity and Unbreakable. Especially the last two, many Killers get confused when you seemingly vanish by crawling away so fast and far.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

Tunneling is also the default playstyle right now in lower ranks. Most killers above Rank 10-ish are not confident enough in their skills to not tunnel. I hear it's different in higher ranks, but I haven't been above rank 10 in ages.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

I'd imagine this is especially bad for PS4 killers who don't have a mouse.

• Jplanas98
    Jplanas98 Member Posts: 532

It's funny seeing the amount of people whine about how this makes the game unfun for survivors, as if playing killer is fun. Yes, I totally have fun constantly playing against SWF with some of the most broken builds. I totally have fun not being able to heard certain sounds anymore because the devs decided to mess it up. I totally have fun with the game clearly being sided towards survivors. But killers tunneling a player? *Gasp* how dare they, that's totally unfun.

• tennmio
    tennmio Member Posts: 354

I personally don't tunnel as killer. I feel like we are all in the game to relax and have fun.

We are all human beings that deserve to be treated with respect and this implies fairplay. I feel it's okay when s.o tbagged, cause i consider it a personal disrespect, although i usually just dc if i get tbagged.

It did happen to me that I tunneled without realizing but i usually leave the survibor on the ground then and try to find the hiding antimate instead.

Playing the killer role to me is being able to reward or punish social or antisocial/egoistic behavior.

I'm not a killer main though but i'm trying to play both equally often. No one is obviously able to be really fair if u are one sided. Acting unfair equals being disrespectful towards others in my opinion.

I feel like winning when i hooked all 4 survivor to struggle and I usually let 1 or 2 go (depending on their IQ and the amount of gens done).

I wanna say to everyone: Let's play fair, let's have respect and treat each other the same way we'd like to be treated, let's have a fun time together- sometimes winning sometimes not.

• WildDovami
    WildDovami Member Posts: 56
    edited June 2019

That's on you. I either get tunneled and make them pay for it by wasting their time, or I don't get seen in which case I can't be tunneled.

No matter how you word it, you're just asking killers to play the way YOU want them to.

This is probably why I struggle to find lobbies of killers trying to kill me. They hate the salt survivors throw at them.

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

I don't kill anyone, and I have fun. More than 20.000 BP for all without B&C and 15-20 minutes of a very good match.

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926

@Broosmeister Have you heard of the blue eyed vs brown eyed children experiment? Where the blue eyes kids are told they are special and better than than the brown eyed?

• Tokemstreamer
    Tokemstreamer Member Posts: 24

as a killer,i hate heroes

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@tennmio

"We are all human beings that deserve to be treated with respect and this implies fairplay." you say.

No one deserves respect. I give survivors the courtesy of assuming they're not whiny, and they can play the game without sobbing every time I tunnel the living crap out of them. The only time I refrain from tunneling a person if I'm a hundred percent sure he or she is one of those unlucky rank 15-s, put in my game because of their higher rank friends. Unfortunately, I can't see ranks in lobby.

But otherwise, there is nothing "unfair" about tunneling. I want to kill survivors, that's what the game is about.