Why is the disconnect ban percentage back to normal?

Options
Madjura
Madjura Member Posts: 2,426
edited May 2019 in General Discussions

From the developer update for May 2019: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/63559/developer-update-may-2019#latest:

>Player disconnection is a rampant issue in Dead by Daylight and causes regular frustrations to players.

> In the last few months, the game has been in a state where we had to be more permissive with that threshold because too many players were experiencing crashes and loading issues and we didn’t want to punish players for issues caused by the game. In the last update, we have fixed most of these issues and our threshold is now back to the initial number. 

Why? Why is it back to normal when it is clearly a huge issue. Why is not more strict now? You said due to crashes etc. you had to make the percentage more lenient. Fair enough. Now that the issues are fixed you should be able to ramp it up severely.

Comments

• Sythalin
    Sythalin Member Posts: 280
    Options

Because the issues are not fixed. There are plenty of people, myself included, that are still experiencing ridiculous amount of involuntary DCs. Something is either wrong with the game or the garbage EAC.

For me, everything was fine up until the Plague patch. After that, it's been iDCs at MINIMUM 40% of the games played, whether it is me or others.

• Madjura
    Options

If the issues are not fixed the percentage should not have been changed back. According to the dev's own logic the issues are fixed however so it makes no sense to not amp up the ban percentage

• Sythalin
    Sythalin Member Posts: 280
    Options

What they say and what is reality are two completely different things.

• Madjura
    Options

Which is why I am calling them out on bullshit like this

We both agree here; what they did makes no sense: If the issues are not fixed, as they are not for you and others from what I can tell, the value should not have been touched. With the value back to normal players like you are getting thrown under the bus and caught up for an issue they are not responsible for. If they are fixed then the ban percentage should be amped up. In either case their move made no sense and it seems like the devs just want to pretend to accomplish something regarding disconnects when they are clearly unable or unwilling to handle the situation properly.

• Madjura
    Options

I am going to bump this because I still see no way that setting the percentage back to normal is the right call. Either the issues are fixed, in which case it's safe to make the percentage a lot more strict. Or, as Sythalin says, the issues are not fixed, then reverting it back to the default value is also dumb because innocent players like Sythalin are going to get ######### over for something they have no control over.

• Trotfoxx
    Trotfoxx Member Posts: 105
    Options

At this point they're obviously waiting for the servers to start punishing DC's.

• Madjura
    Options

But that's what I don't understand: They think the issues are fixed enough to get rid of the more lenient ban percentage. Someone had to go and set the value back to normal. If you are already at the point where you are changing the value then you might as well set it to something more strict instead of just back to normal since they also acknowledged that disconnects are a problem. I see no logic behind setting the value back to what it was previously.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    edited May 2019
    Options

@Madjura Its obvious from their actions that they don't want to actually ban a lot until Dedicated servers are out.

Even then i doubt it'll be bans more likely a R6 siege style timeout.

This issue is large scale bans would destroy the population of DbD.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    Options

DBD should not ban for DCs til they fix the daRn crashes! (fake DCs)

as you see I have just sent this crash, I hope not to get banned for that!

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    Options

@Madjura So did you apologize to the Devs for wasting their time when for some reason you felt the need to prove their report system was working?

They already don't track crashes as DCs.. That has been mentioned from a long time ago.

They had some loading screen issues, which they even said on the Dev stream isn't 100% but they feel allot better about handling those issues than before.

So I don't understand what sort of issue you are trying to knight here.

Do you work for the company?.. Where you would have some more insight on to why YOU THINK they shouldn't feel comfortable enough to put the limits back to normal?

LOL.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

My game crashed 3 times on 1 day once.

Didn't get banned.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i do believe they stated to not ban for crashes anyway.

• Madjura
    Options

If crashes don't count as disconnects then there is no reason to not amp up the disconnect threshold. And lowering it in the first place would have been an awful move.

Regardless the post I linked says that the reason it was relaxed is "because too many players were experiencing crashes and loading issues and [they] didn’t want to punish players for issues caused by the game." (https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/63559/developer-update-may-2019#latest) which implies that disconnects and crashes do (or did, until recently) count.

Regarding your crashes: We don't know what the percentage is. We don't know what time period it looks at. It's possible you are evading a ban because you have many more games where you didn't crash or disconnect. For obvious reason it would be bullshit if you got banned for crashes that are out of your control but it seems like it's a definitive possibility to get banned for crashes