Tips on using Surveillance?

johnmwarner
johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

So I've been trying to use Surveillance lately on a lot of my killers, it seems really strong especially when you get down to 4 gens left and 2 to repair you can keep track of where the survivors are.

But early and midgame I keep forgetting or not getting a chance to see when the gens change to yellow, does that just come with time or do you guys spin constantly while walking?

Comments

• Frozenscum
    Frozenscum Member Posts: 393

Surveillance is perk that used effectively in 2 ways:

a) Late midgame and endgame to protect last gens

b) Jumpscare ppl on gens when you have proper Killer, i.e. good mobility or stealth. Like Spirit, Billy, Nurse, Pig, Wraith

If you play as generic M1 Killer - dont bother with using Surveillance at early game.

• johnmwarner

I’m pretty comfortable with A and B as spirit, I guess I just won’t worry too much at start of game about it. Do you think discordance as Well isn’t a bad idea?

• Frozenscum
    Frozenscum Member Posts: 393

Spirit gen protector build is:

Discordance, Surveillance, PGTW, and perk of your choice Nurse's/Franklin's/BBQ/whatever

Beads for gen grab.

So, yes, Discordance is nice on Spirit.

• letuce
    letuce Member Posts: 89

Surveillience is a perk I can't go without.

You're doing it right in the late game. As for mid and early, I make use of it only if I want to camp a gen, or if I have no targets, in which case I'll keep a constant eye on those gens.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057

Surveillance and letting the survivors finish the generators far away to end up with 3 close to one another to patrol is a good way to make them work for that last generator they need to get away.

• johnmwarner

Thanks, I’ve been looking to let the outside couple gens go lately anyways even without surveillance so this will help

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Spirit benefits most. I don't use Tryhard beads or any addons, but it still works. It's mostly useful in 4-3 gen situations but u can get a lot of use when a survivor tries to commit to a gen. It's good for tracking basically.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

I love using surveillance on pig because I can crouch all the to the gen and ambush them when they're off guard. I prefer it over ruin to be honest.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Over time with practice you get used to keeping track of the surveiled gens. Though really strong survivors tend to just be more prepared to work through a gen faster than normal. So sometimes you're still not going to notice as much early game. Combos well with Pop Goes The Weasel.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

Of course, you can do a total Gen hate build with Surveillance, Discordance, Pop Goes the Weasel or Brutal Strength, or of course, Ruin.