Abandonment/dodge lobby

We appreciate the fact that it doesn’t take a half hour to find a game but dodging swf is still annoying and happenes all the time. Why not make it so if the killer leaves so many matches that they get penalized? I literally know people on my friends list who sit there all day and wait till a game is about to start and they leave the match, wasting the survivors time. I’m not sure why you people havnt intergrated this but you could also make it so all survivors load in at the same time so swf don’t get dodged every time.

Comments

• IMAFEEISH
    IMAFEEISH Member Posts: 87

are you talking about when you get doged or you doge?(think ur talking about when you get doged)

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

@drunky26 Because they're cowards? I think it's swf, better dodge. I see a tool box, better dodge. I see prestige clothing, better dodge. I see a Claudette, better dodge. Yes, they have reasons. Just rarely a good one.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Had a long day at work and figured I'd have a fun game of DBD *in enters a SWF or a group all with toolboxes*, yeah this isn't the "fun" I wanted think I'll just skip to the next.

I don't dodge often but if I just want to have a fun game where I can mess around (and normally let survivors go as I'm usually working on daily) I don't want to get into a SWF tryhard/troll group.

• letuce
    letuce Member Posts: 89

I'm a simple man, I see 4 people load into the lobby with similar names load in at the same time with flashlight, medkit, and 2 toolbox, I Dodge the lobby.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,151

I finally got my friend into playing, and he just does it to screw around. He's not trying to kill anyone. When he sees a lot of flashlights, he dodges, because he knows it won't be fun. When he ends up in a match that's not fun, he goes and stands in a corner and waits for them to leave, because it's not worth playing if he's not having fun.

So, what's better, a killer dodging the lobby, or a killer who refuses to interact with the survivors and waits for them to just finish the gens and leave? How do the survivors do for points and pipping when the killer refuses to participate? Was the match worth their time?

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

You can dodge if you want but I see SWF as a challenge for me unlike solo survivors where you can get an easy 4k because 4 solos don't play that well tbh. I'd rather face a 4 man swf than a 4 man solo that lasts 2 minutes. Plus it's fun to play with a 4 man SWF friends heads you can mess with their heads more than you could ever mess with a solo. And you always have to take into account the fact that SWF is not the sweat fest everyone thinks it is most the time people are messing around it's rarely a sweat fest.

• letuce

I have had enough games to know that 4 man swf are more likely to be toxic and lead to an unfun game.

Solos aren't a guaranteed 4k

• KillermainBTWm8

Yes they can be more toxic and unfun at points and are more likely to be toxic but in my experience they aren't that toxic. And Solos aren't a guaranteed 4k but I've had enough games to know that if a killer is decent the outcome will more than likely be a 2-4k

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

@drunky26I do I play killer. About evenly to survivor actually. I have this weird thing where I see the challenge from the swf and take it on. Do I get my ass kicked sometimes? Sure. But that's how you get better.

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371

Awww my heart bleeds. Killers don't want to play a match with people exploiting non-policeable 3rd party external coms programs that give an unfair, unintended advantage for something that wasn't balanced into the game?

No sympathy lol.

• letuce

If this game was balanced properly, killers should average 2k

• KillermainBTWm8

I agree with you there but the game is not balanced

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

I wouldn't mind killers dodging lobbies if the matchmaking wasn't so f\cking long! Don't punish people who ditch a lobby, fix matchmaking.

• Caz2018
    Caz2018 Member Posts: 193

I won't dodge because of any of these. The only time I will dodge is when I can see the majority of pings are red (thankfully rare) or I can see someone on my list of known problematic survivors (such as the ones who DC as soon as they are downed the first time, known to be toxic or will screw over the other survivors). No one needs that, it's not fair to other survivors. SWF are more than welcome. When I play survivor, I often play SWF and there's nothing more frustrating to me to wait 10-15 mins (sometimes longer) to get into a lobby, only to be booted out immediately. I don't like it so why do it to others when I play killer rounds?

• letuce
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I think they dodge for a reason, and they'd rather take the punishment than go with SWF.

Are they petty reasons? Idk, ask them.

But that's what i think i'd see after your idea would be implemented.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

Why not have killers toggle a switch before they create a lobby.

Yes, I’ll play against possible (not guaranteed) SWF groups and enjoy a bonus 50% bloodpoints across the board.

No, I’ll play at normal bloodpoints, but all survivors are playing solo.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,522

When all four survivors switch the same character and outfit, and load up flashlights in the last 10 seconds, that's a nope from me.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Killers dodge because they started to associate certain things with unfun trials where the survivors' only goal is to be as toxic as possible.

You're not playing with bots who have no pattern recognition. You're playing with humans with the capacity for thought and the desire to have fun. More often than not, certain things result in unfun trials for killers. They've learned that and now dodge those things.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited May 2019

I've been in many lobbies where killers dodge when I equip a toolbox or put on my warface (Prestige 3 skin).

It's gotten so bad that I stopped using Prestige skins just to raise the chance of not getting dodged.

I agree with the suggestions where you opt for an SWF queue and a non-SWF queue, and the SWF queue gets a Blood Point bonus or something. It's something I've been suggesting for the past year. But some killers seem to dodge just because they want as easy a game as possible. I don't get it.

The main reason I dodge, whether as Killer or Survivor, is to dodge Red Pings.