Wrongfully banned on the steam dead by daylight forums

Gonzolax
Gonzolax Member Posts: 41

I have been wrongfully banned on the dead by daylight steam forums because the moderators didn't know I posted a sarcastic comment with a /s on it and because of it, I got permanently banned because I "admitted to cheating on the forums". I have already submitted a ticket to the devs about it but I just wanna ask,

Is it that hard to find sarcasm, especially when someone literally put a /s there?

Comments

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited May 2019

This isn't the correct place to discuss this tbh.

Post edited by FireHazard on
  • GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
  • Gonzolax
    Gonzolax Member Posts: 41

I know, thats why I already sent them an email about it, but im just saying so that we can talk more about this.

• Krowplex
    Krowplex Member Posts: 46

Even tho you are not cheating, you shouldn't be saying that you're cheating at all, in any shape or form.

Imaging going to the police and say: I have a bomb in my car.

What you say can be held against you. Even if you're joking. Because nobody knows if it's true or not, and therefor, prefer not take the risk.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
  • Krowplex

Consequences are not the same, but the comparison is fair.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

You're comparing someone running up to the cops and saying I have a bomb in my car people's lives might be at risk so ofc something rash would happen. But when someone literally states they are being sarcastic it is kinda different.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

Also this isn't reddit, so I don't understand why people will think everyone will automatically know what /s means. @Gonzolax

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

This thread could also see you banned here as you are not allowed to discuss bans at all.

The best bet is to await a reply to your email.

• Krowplex

Yeah I have a bomb in my car, you know. haha. Nah I'm just joking LUL.

• FregglesFred
    FregglesFred Member Posts: 317

I figured BHVR loves bans. I was banned from the Discord server because I said a joke that wasn't implied in the rules, but that's completely different. Here's hopes to what ya get!

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

Usually u have the opportunity to leave a comment regarding to the ban notification. The according moderator will read that and can hopefully help you out.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

Yeah, they are pretty ban happy on the Steam forums. They still haven't given me a reason why I got my last ban there.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131
    edited May 2019

Just forget about the steam forums. It's a joke of a forum with people being banned for anything there anyway.

With that being said, you will prob get banned here too so better not joke or argue at all.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,940

We don't discuss bans on the forums, also Social Media bans are not able to be appealed (this includes forum bans).

This discussion has been closed.