Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why do people say that Billy is the second best killer?

I just want to hear some opinions. I believe that the spirit is stronger than billy because of how amazing she is at chasing which billy really lacks.

Comments

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Basically what everyone said here. He has an insta down. Spirit doesn't. He has the best map pressure. Not to say he stomps her. But I'd say Billy is number two. Number one on console.

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684

Also camping

Literally just charge chainsaw in near hooked

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371

Because /easy-mode, babied, dev hand-holding

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I think Spirit and hag are better but I don’t feel like going into detail.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Hillbilly is the best killer. Nurse is only better in the most fringe of scenarios.

Spirit is like Hillbilly 0.5, since he's more effective at almost everything they do. Outside of Yakuyoke Amulet (pretty OP), and stacking Dirty Uwabiki (considerable phase movement speed) with Mother-Daughter Ring (ultra rare, tremendous phase movement speed), she's pretty skill-based. I would say she's the melee version of Huntress.

Spirit's biggest downfall is that she is bound by an inconsistent/buggy audio system, whereas Huntress works on visual, which will never been incorrectly represented when you're the killer/host of the match. Imo, Huntress is much more reliable, even if you're a mediocre player.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

Personally I think Billy is the most oppressive killer and is much easier to play than Nurse.

Billy is better than Nurse at map control, applying pressure, insta downs, and killing hook divers (both hooked and diver).

Spirit? No comparison to Billy to be honest. Spirit is good but Billy is better. By a large margin actually. And he is like that without Add-ons.

If I hung around at red ranks more maybe I'd be more scared of nurse, but I don't. There aren't many great nurses at lower ranks, but good billies are everywhere. Nurse is pretty easy to Jule at lower ranks but Billy just decimates your team in a minute.

• PeepingPeacock
    PeepingPeacock Member Posts: 354

Billy has better map mobility than Spirit

He downs survivors faster than Spirit

He does not have to rely on buggy sounds

He does not need his power to get downs because hes a 115% killer

Spirit is addon reliant at higher ranks, Billy works without them

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but this should help you understand why Billy is the second best killer in the game. On PS4/Xbox where Nurse is limited by the technology, Billy is the best.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

Because he didnt get basic tracking/vision penaltied tacked into his lit like spirit.

• noneofyourbusiness
    noneofyourbusiness Member Posts: 532

"Nurse is only better in the most fringe of scenarios" you mean every single match in this game? if yes i can agree with you lmao

• noneofyourbusiness

You must remember that for one nurse who know really how play her, there are nine who don't know or play her from time to time.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

Because every other killer besides him (and the Nurse) is trash.

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134

cuz he's the unskilled easy mode in this game.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

Hillbilly can travel across the map at high speeds and when ever, while spirit can only do it for a matter of time until having to wait for her power, Hillbilly can 1 shot down a survivor with his chainsaw, while spirit has to hit them twice, Hillbilly has 115% speed, Spirit is 110%

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Sounds are bugged, meaning Spirit isn't as effective. Even when they get fixed, Billy will be tied with Hag for third.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    edited May 2019

High mobility, 9.2 m/s, very good addons, insta down ability, can make a lot of tricks with curve with his chainsaw around the pallets, can bait the destroying pallet interaction with his chainsaw.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

He's trash compared to Spirit and Hag. He can't chase 2 survivors at once and down them quickly (assuming they're near a pallet) but Hag, Spirit and Nurse can. He's trash in comparison. Here's why I think Hag is better:

Hag can spread pain when the survivors are across the map quicker than any other killer in the game, not even Nurse can. She is way better than Billy in chase. She can dominate with Thanatophobia, she can control 1/2 of the map without addons 3/4 with her green range addon alone. She is ridiculously mobile with her traps, joint with Billy. Her map pressure is off the chart and she's everywhere. With STBFL, she's unstoppable. She can control 5 gens at once. That's massive considering Doctor is limited to 3 or maybe 4. She's unpredictable. If you're good enough with Hag, you can even take on SWF, as I do, and still win (Yes I'm that good with her). She's unloopable and amazing at mindgames. She can snowball WAYYY better than any other killer, even better than Billy. I don't need to expand on that, it's common knowledge how good she is at snowballing. She can injure 3 survivors and down 1 in the space of 20 seconds, and with STBFL, maybe even 14 seconds. She can pressure survivors into healing and gets a major advantage if they do. She can sometimes bring the game to a crawl, if they are pressured into healing

And for Spirit, it's blatantly obvious how she's better.

That being said though, he's still an amazing and strong killer. 4th best definitely. @Poweas

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164

I see where people find spirit stronger than Billy. Billy is the only top tier killer that can be looped normally. However, his map pressure is unmatched. I like to think that spirit and Billy are constantly shouting at each other for who is #2.

• KaoMinerva
    KaoMinerva Member Posts: 451

Billy doesn't NEED add on...

Spirit does NEED add on...

That's why! The end!

• bkillerc
    bkillerc Member Posts: 142

Spirit takes Billy with the right addon's and perks.

I've seen many 4 man 5 gen, gen stopper spirit games.

Though bracelet is her best addon's IMHO, it is hard countered by spine chill or premonition.

Spirit can't one hit, but can mind game and grab.

Base no addon's, I've give Billy a decent lead

• Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673

He isnt second best.

Top Tiers: Nurse, Spirit, Hillbilly, Plague, Huntress, Michael.

• vampire_toothy
    vampire_toothy Member Posts: 381

I personally think that while Billy & Spirit are both amazing killers, Billy is slightly better because he has high mobility, map pressure and unlike Spirit he doesn't need to pick between chasing and mobility as he doesn't have a long cooldown on his power.

They're both great killers though and I do believe Spirit is definitely better than Billy if you slap on uncommon or rare addons.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

Because of his mobility and OS potential with the chainsaw, he's borderline overpowered as well when using the instasaw addon combo.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,221
    edited May 2019

Totally comes down to how skilled the Spirit is. A Spirit that can actually use the Mother Daughter ring add-on in a chase without Prayer Beads will end chases in under 15 seconds with comparable map pressure to Billy. A good Spirit doesn't need good add-ons to be viable. Half the time I just run passive phasing. Never run Prayer Beads. Maybe I'm just bad at Billy, but he is very loopable, whereas it's my own fault if I get looped as Spirit. Spirit has a slightly higher ceiling against top tier survivors but her floor is lower than Billy's.

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943

Hillbilly can find survivor but he will still get looped, spirit nurse and sometimes hag dont get looped. IMO he is very overrated but he is better than alot of the killers that do deal with loops

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319
  • T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504

Billy has better traversal, map control, the ability to insta-down, and can keep constant pressure on the Survivors with BBQ.

• noneofyourbusiness

We're all know how this game is disbalance for surivors, they're too weak, pls buff. Lmao

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

Killers are ranked without addons. Im sure everyone knows how strong anal beads are on spirit, but you are not gonna chain them forever, so billy is considered better.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

first off, yes: spirit has a slightly better chase potential (mindgames)

however, billy is superior to her in many other ways:

• he has the best map pressure in the entire game.
    • he can instadown a survivor with a chainsaw attack which he can easily use on point blank range.
    • he is not reliant on his power. he has 115% mms, which allows him to go M1 killer during a chase (loop locations)
    • he can shred through pallets extremely fast, especially if he succesfully baited them out.

these points are, why billy is higher ranked than spirit.

• Stanley12363
    Stanley12363 Member Posts: 34

I don't get why I am getting down votes. I am not starting a debate or argument. I'm just stating my opinion and hearing what others have to say. Just because I said something that you guys don't agree with, does not mean that your opinion is wrong. It is in fact an opinion. I have read what you guys have posted and understand why you guys feel like billy is better than spirit. I still believe that spirit is stronger, but thank you for sharing your thoughts.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

Ah ######### here we are again, the most biased survivor main in the forum 2019