Is wake up worth a perk slot for EGC?

Options

I know wake up is one of the perks that gets ridiculed and I agree it's not that good but with the EGC, if the killer closes the hatch, then chances are greatly reduced to open the doors.

Will that extra 15% opening speed and aura reading of gates, help with that escape?

Comments

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

The 15% isn’t much but the aura reading is imo.

• Kees_T
    Kees_T Member Posts: 810
    edited May 2019
    Options

It can help alot, if the gates are at an great distance of each other, just wait for the Killer to check one of the gate you are and when he's leaving, go for it. But its an end game perk, you will play the game with only 3 perks since Wake Up is only for end game and its not guaranteed you will reach it.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

Isn't that just 3 seconds faster? The aura reading can be pretty neat though.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,761
    Options

The problem is even if you make it to the end game you might not get to a gate first. And if you manage to do both of those things, 3 seconds and aura reading is not good enough to justify the perk.

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    edited May 2019
    Options

I love running this in a normal match and suddenly having all your teammates converge on you because of the aura reading is adorable. I've been running it in EGC on some characters but honestly, it helps a little but not as much as you'd think in a 1v1, considering pairing it with spine chill in some live matches soon to see if I can make it work. As above may be better to have perks that focus on being successful during the match, but I like to be prepared for endgame because my teammates sometimes...

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

most perks in the game save your more than just a few seconds in the match

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371
    edited May 2019
    Options

Yet another ######### Survivor perk that's become totally, absolutely and completely without a shadow of a doubt, obsolete with the introduction of EGC with no re-balance in sight. Nothing new there.

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923
    Options

Could be a great perk if devs buff him a bit. Leader give 25% while Wake up 15%.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

@SlinkyJinky half of the perks in the game (both sides) but oke

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923
    Options

Not a bad idea. Wake up should also be a counter to remember me.

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626
    Options

Garbage of perk. You need other survivors not to open the door. Take Leader instead and let other deal with the doors

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

no. it's garbage. it's like using monstrous shrine with killer. you'll barely notice the difference. just tell someone in the lobby to take leader. and this will be even more useful than wake up.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

How is Leader going to activate if the person who has it is dead?

• Heroiq
    edited May 2019
    Options

same goes to wake up.

but the difference is even if the leader survivor died. he would have benefited the survivors' enough during the trial with that 25% healing/cleansing/etc.

wake up is the same as adrenaline. you won't be able to get any benefit from it until you reach the EGC. and it will only benefit you. while leader will be always working and benefiting the whole team.

• Orion
    Options

OP was asking specifically about instances where the killer has closed the hatch (i.e.: everyone else has died). Leader isn't gonna do jack in that situation. Wake Up might, if he's the last survivor and has it.

• Heroiq
    Options

even in this situation. the 15% won't make that much difference. especially if the doors are close to each other. taking something that can help preventing the killer from killing all the teammates fast in first place (for example borrowed time) can be more useful

• Orion
    Options

But if taking someone who can help prevent the killer from doing his job worked every time, you wouldn't need a plan for the EGC, like OP is asking.

15% shaves off approximately 2,6 seconds. It doesn't sound like much, until you take into account that it's the time it takes for a killer to move about 12 meters. So you get a 12-meter head start.

• Orion
    Options

I'd also like to note that a 4-second healing time increase was declared to be ridiculous, so 2,6 seconds must be significant in some way.

• Heroiq
    Options

except if the killer was nurse, billy, spirit, wraith, or even legion.

and also you totally forgot that some killer's abilities can help them a lot in these situations. for example trapper if he planted a trap on the exit gates.

• Orion
    Options

Well, yeah, and many of those killers can also deal with Leader. What's your point? You can't prepare for everything.

• Trotfoxx
    Trotfoxx Member Posts: 105
    Options

I think it needs a slight buff. Something like "when you're the last survivor alive, the killer can't read the gates auras for 10 seconds after closing the hatch" for example".