Opinions: The new enduring is it good or bad

Sentry
Sentry Member Posts: 124

In my opinion change enduring so it cuts the stun time from 2 seconds to 1 at the cost of not reducing stun times anywhere else is good for few reasons

1. The recovery for decisive isnt real as help full especially with the ds nerf
  2. Makes the spirit fury and enduring better combo and even better

Comments

• Vlieger
    Vlieger Member Posts: 326

I don't think the difference in the Spirit Fury + Enduring combo will matter. It is already a strong combo and usually guarantees a hit.

Personally I rarely ever get stunned by DS since I make it a point to not tunnel off hook. Don't think I've ever been stunned by Head On..... so overall the change isn't going to make a difference for me.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I know I personally have no problem with the Enduring change.

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953

It doesn't really matter, so long as all of the other stun-related perks are looked into.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    edited May 2019

Good, but I think the default stun should be also reduced to at least 1.50

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

It's only good if they adjust the stuns that they say they buffed because of Enduring.

If they nerf Enduring and then ######### around for 6 months before changing DS back, then it's bullshit.

• Sentry

@Tzeentchling9 You really shouldn't be get stun from a wiggle if you play your hooks right, just don't tunnel for decisive and head on real doesn't have any use. I really don't think there is problem with the stun timers 3-4 seconds is not that bad and you still have the ability to continue the chase

• Sentry

@ Vlieger

The .14 of a second can be the deference between a chainsaw and a m1 hit.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615
    edited May 2019

For me it's good.

Hmm, i wonder who it was that doesn't want me to like this change.

Post edited by Boss on
  • Vlieger
    Vlieger Member Posts: 326

@Sentry

Yes I am aware less time being stunned means you will reach the survivor faster. Not sure why you are pointing this out to me. My post is essentially saying it is a buff, but not a huge buff.

You pointing out that 2 out of the 15 killers will now have an easier time insta downing vs m1 hitting really doesn't make a different point then the one I already stated.

It is a small buff to an already strong combo.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,696
    edited May 2019

Pros

-Provides negligible (literally) buff vs pallet stuns.

Cons

-No longer works vs DS

-No longer works against Unicorns (Head-On)

Net

-Nerf

Post edited by Raccoon on
  • AntiJelly
    AntiJelly Member Posts: 1,155

@Raccoon it never worked against flashlights or fireworks. That's what Lightborn is for.

• Sentry

Sorry for pointing you out I just think time any where can stiill make a difference

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504

It's a good change. Every split second matters in this game.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

It's perfectly fine imo.

Currently the stuns only affect DS & Head On

DS only really affects tunneling killers, and head on is so weak and barely used it's unlikely you'll get stunned by it unless someone on the other side of the map hard jumps into one and you go over there.

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

Makes sense head on is like a 20% of actually working so i dont really get mad at it just oh wow it work really

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

Good change. Rewards aggressive gameplay and punishes tunnelers.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

It really depends on how you use Enduring. If you like to lunge through pallets hoping one of the times you'll get a hit, it's definitely beneficial. If you use Spirit Fury, that's where it will be at peak efficiency.

However, if you've played the game enough to know how the timing work so you can tell when is a good time to lunge and when is a good time to avoid the pallet drop, then it's really only useful if you'll also be running Spirit Fury.

I already stopped using Enduring when the DS rework came out as that was when Enduring was at its most important. Nowadays, I rarely get hit with DS and only get hit with pallets that I can't see around a corner or that I trade a hit for.