Survivor perks build

Options
C3Tooth
C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,224

I would like to know your set of perks build & reasons behind each build. Since Im still new to the game.

My currently favorite build is:

-Small game (caution of Trapper's traps & totems, I always do totems before gen to prevent Noed)

-Urban evasion (easier to sweep out from the place that killer is coming, also to counter annoying Hag)

-Calm spirit (Crow is not the problem since I have Urban evasion, its mainly to counter Doctor & Clown)

The 4th perk is depend which Offering I put.

Bonus Objective: Kindred

Bonus Altruism: Borrowed time (no explain required)

Bonus Boldness: Decisive strike (Im not good at chasing, this gives me another chance)

Bonus Survival: Premonition (I dont know why I always run into Killer direction when heartbeat comes)

Comments

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

Balanced Landing: This perk will allow me to be more effective in chases on mapsthat have drop spots.

Unbreakable: Counters slugging(The process of leaving a survivor on the ground after downing them to avoid decisive strike or make the game last longer).

Decisive Strike:Counters tunneling(A killer going after you after you're unhooked to kill you quickly).

Calm Spirit: So I don't disrupt crows, doctor won't hear me scream, rancor doesn't reveal my location, infectious fright has no effect on me, I can hide in lockers without worrying about Iron maiden.

• C3Tooth
    Options

^ Calm spirit: what? I didnt know it can remove aura reading from rancor & iron maiden.

• C3Tooth
    Options

There is 1 downside of it is, I think its a major downside that the perk makes you have 8sec less of the time being on the hook since you dont scream for 4sec each time and the hooked bar process right after you're on the hook.

• CubeyBlueDice
    CubeyBlueDice Member Posts: 61
    Options

Med kit hoarder:

item: Med kit with any charge ad-on

Pharmacy: have an extra med kit just in case

Botany Knowledge: Increased healing speed and reduced charge consumption.

empathy: See injured allies.

Street Wise: bonus reduced charge consumption

be the healer everyone needs.

• Mazemel
    Mazemel Member Posts: 14
    Options

My "im actually gonna try this game" build is:

Adrenaline, Dead Hard (Sprint Burst if ping is really high), Iron Will, Prove Thyself

Personally, I believe adrenaline is a must have perk as it can severely change the outcome of a game. Dead Hard can give a second chance when I make a mistake in a chase. Iron Will is a good counter at the higher levels as most killers will rely on sound and audio cues to locate survivors. Prove thyself helps get gens done quicker with other people and also gives a couple more BP.

It often switches though because I switch up my play style depending on how I'm feeling whether it is super aggressive or just to play the objective and get everyone out.

• MysticAdvisor
    MysticAdvisor Member Posts: 453
    Options

Don’t touch me/ tank build:

MoM( allows me to extend chases)

DS( prevents tunneling)

unbreakable( anti slug)

Dead hard( allows me to extend chases )

Item: Medkit

;)

• drunky26
    drunky26 Member Posts: 686
    Options

Dead Hard - Favorite exhaustion perk, saves me so many times, extends loops, corrects looping mistakes, helps me reach pallets/windows

Bond - My alternative to self care, helps me find teammates to heal me and to not lead the killer towards my team if they're working on a gen, plus there are tons of situations where knowing where my team was saved me, and I think knowing your team's position is a huge plus.

Iron Will - I feel naked and vulnerable without this

Adrenaline - For those end game saves, it's even better since the EGC was implemented as once the killer closes the hatch the perk activates.

I use Dead Hard and Bond all the time and often switch last two to whatever I feel like using.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

I often love running a team helper build:

Aftercare - so we all know where each other are.

Leader - helps everyone within my radius.

Prove Thyself: Do gens fast and get rewarded for it.

Botany Knowledge or Borrowed Time - helping friends in pain.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited May 2019
    Options

Here are my favorite builds:

==== Santa Claus Build ====

• Plunderer's Instinct - to find chests
    • Ace in the Hole - to make sure they are filled with nice loot
    • Bond - to find teammates and drop off gifts to them
    • Urban Evasion - your free slot, it's not core to the build use whatever you want here. I like UE.

Build is also really good for finding skeleton keys so you can make a hatch escape. And did I mention there's a "gambling rush" to this build that makes it so fun and addictive? It's like you're opening three lootboxes per game.

==== Ninja Build ====

Use Feng Min in Green Sci Fi Outfit and Black Pants, or Camou Claudette brown outfit

• Iron Will - no brainer in stealth builds. Counters Spirit
    • Urban Evasion - required for jukes and sneaking. Counters Hag
    • Calm Spirit - counters Doctor, Clown, and Infectious Fright. Or, use Lightweight since Calm Spirit is not that useful really.
    • Bond - free slot actually, use a Detection Perk to help avoid killer. Spine Chill or Bond are good choices. You can also use No Mither so you also don't leave blood trails if you're hard core.

==== Wiggle it Build ====

Bring any toolkit that doesn't have slow Sabo speed. Build doesn't always work depending on hook placement so you need to stack a territory in your favor. Choose an area, preferably near an exit gate and away from the basement, and prep it ahead of time breaking all the hooks in the area to 99%. Then do gens/break totems as normal. When only 1 gen is left or when you are about to lose, break all the hooks and then enjoy.

• Boil Over - needed to help wiggle out of killer's grasp
    • Flip Flop - will help you wiggle out of the killer's grasp
    • Tenacity - helps you crawl around when killer gets tired of trying to hook you, synergizes with Flip Flop
    • Saboteur - to keep hooks broken longer and break things in case you run out of toolkit. You can also swap this with Unbreakable (preferred, synergizes with Flipflop) or No Mither (not recommended but also a fun option).

==== The Dwight Build ====

• Bond - because Bond is the best perk
    • Prove Thyself - use to burn through generators quick
    • Leader - because you're Dwight. Actually I don't use this I use Quick and Quiet
    • Head On - because you're Dwight! Act the part. I love using this after doing basement saves and I know the killer is going to check the lockers.

==== Have Mercy! Build ====

• Auto Didact - this perk is amazing when powered up
    • We'll Make It - Super quick heals after hook
    • Botany Knowledge - stack up those heals
    • Empathy - this is your detection perk to find your injured comrades

==== Mr. Efficient Build ====

• Prove Thyself - so you can do things fast with others
    • Bond - so you can find someone to do things with others fast
    • Resilience - so you can do things faster while injured
    • No Mither - so you can be injured!

==== The Sabo Build ====

Bring along a nice sabo toolkit with add-ons if needed.

• Saboteur - a must for the extra hook breakage time
    • Breakdown - free breaks, just spill some blood
    • No Mither - Pick yourself up after they take you down and have nowhere to put you
    • Streetwise - improve the mileage on that toolkit

Post edited by Mochan on
  • fahrezaa11
    fahrezaa11 Member Posts: 4
    Options

Here are my favorite builds:

1.Decisive Strike

2.Iron Will

3.Mettle of Man

4.sprint burst 

• Mochan
    Options

Are you sure about that? Why would Calm Spirit cancel out Rancor's aura read?

• Nutty_Professor
    Nutty_Professor Member Posts: 621
    Options

I have three core perks which I use for every build I use, which are:

Balanced Landing: By far one of my favourite perks, just gives me a lot of opportunities during chases.

Adrenaline: No explanation needed, probably the best survivor perk in the game.

Self Care: As I'm often solo, it saves me from having to rely on other survivors to heal me.

For my fourth perk I have a range of perks that I use, borrowed time, spine chill, windows of opportunity (I took a long break from DBD, still relearning where the pallets are), dead hard, pebble (for the memes), head on (for the memes), etc. I use to use DS before it was nerfed.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

@Mochan

I recently really wanted to do something like this, I hope for a Santa Jeff cosmetic to come with a build like this.

• Mochan
    Options

Been asking for a Santa Claus skin for Survivors for a long time. Was asking for David last time but now that we have Jeff he's even better.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

@Mochan rancor isn’t actually a aura-read, like IM and IF it shows a scream bubble.

• JLew
    JLew Member Posts: 160
    Options

Mine stays generally the same except the exhaustion perk can change a little

Lithe - my fav exaust perk. Ive found there is more windows than drop spots which helps me much more in a chase since it can only be activated while being chased.

MoM - for obvious reasons

Self-Care - for obvious reasons

Bond - makes evading the killer much easier when you can see what your teamates are doing around you allowing you time to adjust accordingly

Just my thoughts

• TheGameZpro3
    TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 699
    Options

We're gonna live forever: As someone who started 2 months ago, I still need all the Bloodpoints I can get.

Bond: Ever since I first used it, I can't live without it.

Dead Hard: My fav exhaustion perk.

Lightweight: I honestly have no clue why I run this, but I like it.

• Mochan
    Options

Ah, I see! I have never screamed to it so I thought it was an Aura Read. I have never used it as killer even though I have been Rancor'd many times hehe.

• Mochan
    Options

I used to run a build like this, except I use Urban Evasion over Dead Hard. That was back when I was still racking up Blood Points.

Lightweight is almost a necessity if you're the type that jukes killers and tries to sneak away or disengage instead of looping. It makes it significantly easier to lose killers after juking.

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798
    Options

I like running:

spine chill

self care

adrenaline

lithe

there a some other perks I run but not as staple for example Mettle of Men