Green Keys

Options
Skelly
Skelly Member Posts: 10

Am I the only one that thinks that green keys are absolutely useless? I mean, the only way to make them useful is by using add-ons. And if you find them in chests through out the trial it's a waste (unless you're running Ace in the Hole).

Ways to fix it:

Increasing the durability- As it stands, it only has 10 seconds of use. I know the Skeleton Key has 30 seconds and granted yes it is an ultra rare. But really, only 10 seconds? Even bumping it to 20-25 seconds would be better.

More uses- Green Keys are essentially an inconvenient Bond. You have to walk while holding your M2 to find team mates, and even then if you wanted a reliable way to find your team you'd run Bond.

Remove them from chests- Finding Green Keys inside of chests is such a disappointment let's be real. We all had that one game where we really needed a Purple/Red key to open the hatch, only to be greeted by a Green Key...

In Conclusion: Green Keys are useless.

Would like to see what others think about Green Keys!

Comments

• Brawler
    Brawler Member Posts: 331
    Options

Well when I find it I'm like: "Hey! Another to the collection".

They are useless, if I wanted to see the auras of the others I'd take a perk for it or a better key.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

honestly, increasing their time to 30 seconds would also be totally okay, since they cannot open the hatch (which is why the skeleton key in general is ultra rare).

they sure need some love...

• Skelly
    Options
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Options

I've heard of some people who bring it along to encourage Franky's so-to-speak.

• Haku
    Haku Member Posts: 614
    edited May 2019
    Options

Green keys are good alternative to bond but the problem is they just as rare as the ultra rare ones which sucks. On the other hand we get tons of addons for them but there is no keys to use with .... Same problem with Maps. I wish they make them more common

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

Make green keys useful by making this change:

The key becomes a passive item and it only gets one attachment. It can use any current key attachment, but is better off using a new attachment added to the game.

The new attachment mimics a selected perk! The perk only works for a limited duration or number of charges. Some perks aren’t options.

Examples:

Empathy, Windows of Opportunity, and Plunderer’s instinct provide 15 seconds worth of aura reading.

Sprint burst, Lithe, and Balanced Landing get 3 charges.

Alert, Technician, and Spine Chill get 7 charges.

Ace In The Hole, Unbreakable, and Adrenaline are not choosable options.

• CubeyBlueDice
    CubeyBlueDice Member Posts: 61
    Options

Imagine having ace in the hole, opening a cheats just to get a green key with prayer beads and the prayer rope.

Anyways, getting a green key is just bad luck. Until you escape with it at least. I do agree that it should be buffed to 15-20 seconds of aura reading but it shouldn’t be removed from the chest spawn pool. Getting a green key from a chest is kind of like getting diamonds in Minecraft. It does nothing until you get the right things to use it.

or get blown up by a creeper into some lava and quit the game.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    Options

Yes! Let's get rid of this crap, totally useless, absolutely nobody will miss them.

The only use I have for Green Keys is to bring them into a trial to pretend that I am gunning for the hatch, so that the killer will tunnel me only for me to tell him in the endgame all I had was a useless key!

And no, I take no joy doing that.

• nancyt1428
    nancyt1428 Member Posts: 66
    Options

Green keys are garbage.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    Options

There is literally no point to green keys. They are the only items that are a complete waste of blood points and chest searches. Even green maps are useful.

Green keys should either open the hatch for 5 seconds or instantly open the exit gates.

• Skelly
    Options

Instantly opening exit gates is actually a really interesting idea. Though I'm sure most killer mains would detest. 😅

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    Options

I don’t think so. Especially if Remember Me was returned to its proper place, I think a lot of killers would think it’s fair. I should clarify that I meant that the survivors need to complete all gens or have the egc initiated before opening the gates, they can’t just scoot over there at the start of the trial.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,619
    Options

I think OPs ideas are reasonable. At the very least I would like to not find them in chests, because they are simply useless and only have a negative impact when found in a chest and carried.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

Make the green keys heavy (or attach something heavy to them....or just turn them all into kettle bells). 1 short-range throw only, and if you hit the killer in the front, it’s equivalent to a pallet stun. With 4 keys max being brought into the game, and maybe one from a chest, this won’t be abused too terribly much. It’s really no different than fireworks for making him drop your buddy.