I’m a Freddy main. Should I prestige him before the rework?

pemberley
pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

I haven’t prestiged Freddy and I have 20-45 add ons in each category, I have 3 pages of perks (most tier 3.) The reason why I haven’t prestiged him is because I knew the rework was coming. I love Freddy now, but I am afraid the rework will be like Symmetra in Overwatch (not only not really changing anything but pushing out former mains like myself) and he won’t be the same for me.

I would like to show I was here before the rework, but I don’t want to invest into getting his “golden gun” (like I did Sym) and end up getting burned (no pun intended.)

What should I do?

Comments

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

Great pun btw.

I think it depends on whether you think prestiging in general is worth it. I play mostly survivor, but have all perks on the survivor's that i play so when i do put points into killer, i have no worries in doing so. I have Freddy Prestige 3 using mostly points i gained as survivor.

I think wait and save bloodpoints until PTB for Freddy comes out, then you can make a firm decision as to whether not he seems worth continuing to farm for.

• Frozenscum
    Frozenscum Member Posts: 393

Prestiging does nothing apart from bloody clothes. If you didnt do it for clothes, no point in doing it now.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

You don't have to demostrate anything to anyone. Prestige him if that makes you happy. I prestiged him a couple of times because I love to dress up characters. Since licenced characters just have those bloody clothes to chose, I prestiged them pretty quick.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

You get an 8.75% increase in Ultra Rares for going to p3. Anything below that isn't really affected by prestige rarity increase. You're just very blessed with decent bloodwebs.

To the OP. I'd tell you not to prestige as you're not sure if you will like freddy's rework and two you're going to lose all addons and perks for no real benefit.

• Schwifty
    Schwifty Member Posts: 70

I have Freddy at 50, I'm about to prestige him as I have all the Killer perks I want from all the other Killers but I'm waiting for the re-work so I can dump a mil bp into him with all the sweet perks I didn't have before I got the teachable versions. Currently only have 400k saved so it'll be a while yet.

• letuce
    letuce Member Posts: 89

From another Freddy main, wait. It's what I'm doing.

Since I'm not sure wether they'll touch Freddy or delete and replace him, I don't want to commit to a main I might drop later.

If you prestirge him now also, you're kinda giving up on playing Freddy to his fullest current state. Since you won't have perks or add-ons.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

I've completely maxed him out because I want to be able to experiment with various perks when he's rereleased.

All my killers are p3 because I'm that type of person lol

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

I hope the rework is good, I've had Freddy p3 and haven't used a single addon since before the official announcement. If all is well, I got reds and purples for atleast a month's worth of matches or more.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I'd wait. You have no idea what changes will be made after all.

• drunky26
    drunky26 Member Posts: 686

Wait.

Maybe they nerf him into the ground and you never end up playing him again and just waste millions of bloodpoints.