should survivors each have a different buff for playing them?

legion_main
legion_main Member Posts: 483
edited May 2019 in General Discussions

I thought of something awhile back to help diversify the characters so they are actually worth playing instead of just sticking with one character

The idea is to give each of the survivors different buffs for whatever they specialize in

They would be small buffs so it wouldn't be unfair against the killer

For example:

Claudette could get a extra 5% healing bonus

Meg could get a extra 1% increased movement speed

Ace could get 5% extra luck

Jake could get extra speed to sabotaging

and so on

And to prevent players from playing the same people every time if you play the same character as someone else then their passive gets weaker until either it gets debuffed or just removes the extra buff entirely

Obviously numbers are just for example

Would this be too much of a buff to survivors? Or do you think something like this could be worked into the game?

Post edited by legion_main on

Comments

• A9F6
    A9F6 Member Posts: 91

Isnt that what happens for killer side?

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

I agree from a Killer perspective, make it so though their minimal so they don't stack as much, like Dwight with 5% more gen progression, that means at base, a 4 squad of Dwights get 40% progression, not counting gen rush perks like Prove Thyself, making everyone have 80%, not even including toolboxes.

• legion_main

@FireHazard Well It wouldbe bound to happen but its the same thing with killers in the sense that some are better than others

I was thinking that whatever build you were trying to use that you can use a certain character to make it more effective

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

@legion_main I'm not saying Survivors shouldn't get the same treatment, I just mean that it would pose the same issue that Killers have with Top Tier characters.

If you single out specific Survivors for their ability's you'll more than often see them the most. Take Claudette for example, you see her more often out of any Survivor in matches because of her ""Stealth Field""

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

@Heroiq not bad, not bad at all. Only one I have a real concern about is Adam, instead I would make it so ruin and missed skill checks dont cause regression.

• Alien
    Alien Member Posts: 25

@heroiq For David i was thinking something more unique. I was thinking it would be cool if it took longer to Mori him, hes a fighter so he makes it harder for the killers to mori him. This would require a unique Mori animation just for him but, its pretty cool, to me at least.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

No.

I like that survivors are just skins and we get to play the one we connect more with. I'd rather not be forced to play one just because they're "better".

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

I wanted to say yes but thinking about it, I do not think it would be a good idea. Part of the fun of survivor is finding the one you connect with as @Blueberry said, then unlocking perks for your custom build for that character. I think when you apply buffs to the survivors, you will see the same few survivors every match, similar to the issue with killer at higher ranks.

• Schwifty
    Schwifty Member Posts: 70

Claudette already has stealth mode so she doesn't need anything else lol.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

No thanks, that's the first step into a double meta. At some point 1 survivor will be blatantly better and there goes any variety out the window. Killers already narrow their choices inorder to deal with teams, I don't want 2 main killers and a team of quadruplets.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I like the idea. I feel like it adds to their character. It would require alot of testing to ensure nothing is broken. I don't think this would lead to a survivor meta if the benefits are small enough. Most people will still play who they want and not care about the buff. Some will care, but only the biggest tryhards.

• CubeyBlueDice
    CubeyBlueDice Member Posts: 61

How about giving characters a certain buff and debuff based on their lore and personality for certain play styles?

Example from the top of my head:

Feng Min

Personality: Lone Wolf

You're confident by yourself. Gain a 4% repair speed bonus when alone.

You don’t work well with others. You have a 5% altruism speed reduction and take 5% longer to be healed.

Feng’s play-style focuses on repairing generators but your not really good at helping others and take longer to recover.

• TheRoyalOwl
    TheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 749

Problem is, is that some of these effects are garbage and some are much better. And it just so happens that basing boosts on their perks makes the survivors with the meta perks more likely to be played. And I don't really want to see more megs and claudettes than I already do.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited May 2019

It would have to something so not worthwhile it becomes not worth doing it tbh.

You can't really have any of them with a default buff on heals, action or exhaustion as those would be the go to ones for most players and you then don't just have a meta on perks but also survivors.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

It's been discussed a tonne and there's really no reason for it.

People already play Claudette for the advantages she comes with, adding a real passive will cement survivors in tiers based on them.

Since they are skins, people usually invest in ONE as their main, so are they gonna refund the points spent on my p3 lvl 180 David with all perks if he gets a garbage passive? No, it just means more I have to spend on a character I don't like as much.

Basically either their passive is gonna be so weak so as not to break balance that they won't make an impact on the match, or proposed things like Meg being faster or Dwight repairing faster will break the balance of the match by adjusting stats that are already questionable.

• legion_main

@Blueberry Well in order for people to play a variety of players I was thinking that for every of the same survivor their passive gets weaker in order to avoid SWF meta

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

No thanks. It'd worsen the character meta even more.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946

It would be a refreshing concept.

But everything with movement speed and or gen repair speed would be op!

• legion_main

@Cymer I know what you mean but it also doesn't necessarily have to have buffs like that

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

It's a fun idea but considering there are people who already main survivors it would be pretty annoying to find out your survivor that you main has a pretty crappy unique Buff whilst Claudette or Meg have very good ones

• legion_main

@Aari_Piggy66 I would still main my character no matter what the buff is but I still do want a reason to go and level up my other characters other than the fact they look ¨cool¨