So survivors can infinitely run Legion in feral frenzy at short loops

Options
Dehitay
Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

I didn't realize just how easy it was to avoid his power until I met one survivor who understood the weakness very well. He would intentionally seek out short loops with a pallet when I was chasing him. Because of Legion's significantly nerfed pallet vaulting speed, by the time he makes it over a pallet, they're more than half way around the loop so chasing them so it's a garuntee to run out the Feral Frenzy timer if you're at one of these things and you know what you're doing. It wasn't till the 3rd time I realized the survivor was doing this on purpose and had to adapt.

At first I tried doing what killers outside of feral frenzy do in that situation and make it look like I'm going one way and switch around the other while they're in the vaulting animation. You would think that because of the increased movement speed, that it would be easier while in frenzy, but the reduced vision actually makes it annoyingly difficult. While theoretically possible, I would run out of frenzy time before I ever hit them.

I eventually had to resort to just cancelling frenzy whenever I recognized the situation happened and break the pallet which is a huge waste of time cause this is the frenzy stun animation followed by the pallet break animation.

The vault speed nerf to Legion was completely unnecessary and now it can completely negate his kit design at certain pallet loops (and possibly window loops but I haven't seen any window loops that short yet).

Comments

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

@No_Mither_No_Problem

I did the same thing in Léry's, but it involved a bunch of vaults! I would gain just enough distance to reach another, then another one, then another one, etc etc.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    Options

#cOuNtErPlAy

When asked about the nerfed speed and vaults on streams, they devs responded that they were required to allow counter play. So getting ######### at the pallet working as intended.

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    Options

I'm 100% sure you could simply just go around it, or fake going around it to bait them into not vaulting. theres also the really neat mechanic of kicking the pallet

• Schwifty
    Schwifty Member Posts: 70
    edited May 2019
    Options

@rch614 I don't think it's supposed to be threatening? if you can get enough of them mending it slows gen repair down.

Saying that I had 2 Survivors go down today FROM FRENZY BLEED OUT and I was like wha?

I sometimes wonder though what even is the point of hitting them with FF a second time other than breaking yourself out of FF early (which you may as well choose to miss them as it's the same result either way) so you can catch up with them and down them with a standard hit.

I've even taken to trying to get slightly ahead of them so the catch up time for that final hit once FF ends is a little shorter.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

Legion's power was meant to circumvent pallets altogether, guess not anymore.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

@Mat_Sella That wouldn't be in alignment with the developers vision of killers being FUN for survivors to face. A killer you cannot loop isn't fun to face, so that's a no-go.

• Alfred
    Alfred Member Posts: 272
    Options

Legion needs rework...

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Yeah, I was waiting for a Legion rework so he wouldn't feel so abusive to play, now I have to wait for another rework to make him playable at all. Great.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited May 2019
    Options
  • KaoMinerva
    KaoMinerva Member Posts: 451
    Options

The devs didn't listen. The solution was pretty simple here for legion.

Block moonwalk cheesing... The end. That's all they had to do. I'm not good enough to moonwalk do I didn't care, but when I seen them nerfs I knew it was over.

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

in short loops. don't go into feral frenzy. it's easy to mindgame and usually grants a hit.

going to feral frenzy in a short loop was a mistake at the first place.

or you can just break the pallet. even tho i don't suggest breaking it cuz of easy mindgames

• RicardiBacardi
    RicardiBacardi Member Posts: 77
    Options

Easy mindgames only work with potato survivors.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    Options

Yup, that's what i remember complaining about on the PTB but nobody took me seriously.

Like @rch614 said, i brought the same point in others threads as well, we need the old ff speed back, the old vault speed back and no restriction on when we can use the power, because the stun and the unability to directly down survivor with FF would balance it out, you can't get a cheap M1 out of frenzy because of the 4 second stun and the CD addons nerf, so it would be legit fine.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options

They pulled a nerf they tried with remember me.... they increased the stun time to 4 seconds and smashed the cooldown addons with the hammer :X ......

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

@Plu You think they'd listen? They said they were keeping close tabs on the Legion in their stream, however I doubt they'd see the forest for the trees.

Meaning just because people might perform well with the Legion now, it doesn't mean it's fun for the killers who knew what speed incarnent was before the rework.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Options

I agree. With old Legion it would have made sense, but with the current one, not so much.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited May 2019
    Options

My current strategy with Legion is to use the Enduring+Spirit Fury combo. The 4 seconds stun of coming out of frenzy is an easy escape for survivors especially if they throw down a pallet that I have to break first, so instead of dealing with that, I try to get survivors to pallet slam me. Getting pallet stunned breaks you out of frenzy without having the frenzy cool down to deal with so putting up with a pallet stun with Enduring for 1.14 seconds and maybe spending 2 seconds breaking said pallet is far better than having the 4 seconds stun + 2 seconds pallet break. This combo works especially well with the iridescent button, but I only have a few of those so they are saved for higher ranks. As for the short loops, if I don't get them to stun me out of frenzy on those I abandon the survivor I'm chasing, and break the pallet later, as its better to find and chase someone else vs. wasting time on a short loop that will end in the survivor getting away after frenzy runs out.

It sucks that this is the only real strategy option I have for chasing/downing a single survivor, but on the plus side, it gets rid of pallets quickly, and by mid game they generally have few pallets left in the map to use.