Leatherface is the most annoying camper

Options
Steve0333
Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

It's seems like everyone who plays leatherface just camps with their stupid chainsaw. I've been in numerous games where the killer will absolutely suck the entire game and then one person will get downed at the very end and he'll just camp and knock anyone down with the one hit chainsaw when they try for a save. I've learned my lesson, I don't bother going for saves when leatherface is camping. It's so stupid and annoying to play against.

In my opinion leatherface needs a nerf. He shouldn't have unlimited use of his chainsaw. I would make it where he has to collect fuel canisters for his chainsaw much like the huntress has to collect hatchets and the trapper has to collect traps, especially considering how powerful the chainsaw is.

Comments

• Orti
    Orti Member Posts: 198
    Options

I would say he is the cutest camper :D But yeah he is top tier if it comes to camping and also it's the only thing he is good at

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

if it happened to me. i always make sure that my teammates are repairing generators.

but anyway. it looks like we have a facecamping expert over here

• Trotfoxx
    Trotfoxx Member Posts: 105
    Options

I enjoy being camped with Insidious against leatherface from time to time, i find it funny. But yes, saves against a facecamper leatherface are literally impossible and frustrating. But it's they way it is, part of the diversity of the lore.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Indeed. Since you're not, however, let me enlighten you.

Face camping was an exploit wherein a killer could stand in the area that allowed survivors to unhook, thereby making it mechanically impossible to unhook. This was removed with the introduction of "swivel hooks", which make it possible to unhook from all sides.

It came back a few months ago in the form of a hitbox issue that allowed killers to physically enter the hooked survivor's hitbox, which blocked the "unhook" prompt, but that was eventually fixed as well. It would've been fixed sooner, however, if not for people misusing the term "face camping", which made the issue fly under the radar.

Now hard camping, which is what we currently have, can be the right tactical decision in a variety of situations, like the one in your first screenshot. It keeps multiple survivors off generators while one or more slowly die.

• KaoMinerva
    KaoMinerva Member Posts: 451
    Options

It's fun because he ensures you're killed. Ya know, doing killer things yo.

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529
    Options

It's the only thing he's good at for people who are otherwise unable to build any proficiency with the killer. I've played people who have used leatherface without camping and did well but the majority are no-skill campers who would not be able to play well with any other character.

I recently played a guy using leatherface who got two survivors to DC early because nobody wants to play against a boring camper. With only two of us we were able to complete all the generators. I escaped but unfortunately the other guy got downed as soon as the last generator got complete. And what does this idiot leatherface do? He camps him. So I jut powered the exit gate and left.

Too many bad players use leatherface. It's not because leatherface is only good at camping, it's just that the majority of people who use him are only good at camping.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,460
    Options

Leatherface is the best camper and can punish Survivors who are way too close to each other. That's it. This is the only good thing where his power is powerfull :D Otherwise, he is big "Meh".

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    Options

I think Wraith camps a whole lot more than Leatherface.

I have fought againstany patrolling Leatherface.

Wraiths tend to camp a hell of a lot more than Leatherface. As does Pig actually.

Leatherface though has the most devastating ability for camping.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    Options

In my experience, Leather Face who don't camp are Easy to beat.

His ability just doesn't help him in chases or playing normally the way it does for camping.

As long as you keep distance from him his ability isn't scary, and if he does get in range a lot of bad Leatherface are pretty easy to run around obstacles to avoid the chainsaw.

There are a few good leather face players but they are very few and far between.

I think most Leatherface players we come up against are just new to him and just getting BP to but BBQ teachable.

• Leatherbilly
    Leatherbilly Member Posts: 384
    Options

Leatherface is one of the absolute worst killers in the game and camping virtually guarantees you depip.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

The salt is delicious!

Imagine having a bad day, starting up DbD and sharing hugs.

• GreyCat
    GreyCat Member Posts: 33
    Options

Leatherface is the best boy and I love him.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

The Cannibal excels at putting multiple survivors in the dying state at the same time, but only if they're clustered together. Survivors are only clustered together in one of three situations: while working on generators, while sandbagging each other, and while going for an unhook.

If survivors are on a generator when the killer approaches, they disperse, each going in their own direction. No multiple chainsaw hits are possible.

If survivors are sandbagging each other, you don't need the chainsaw to put them in the dying state. The chainsaw is irrelevant.

Survivors going for an unhook is the only situation that a killer can actually force out of these three, and thus the one you're most likely to encounter. It's no different from the Trapper herding survivors into proverbial mine fields or the Clown forcing them away from strong loops. If there's a problem, it's a design problem, not a player problem.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Options

Me too, I do that with every killer. I never bought The Cannival though just because I don't like the character model and his sounds

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options

If leather face is so weak you deserve to be camped to death.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Options

You know what's more annoying? Survivor trying to get saves against Bubba, especially in the basement. Everyone knows he is used to camp (since basically that's the only thing he can properly do), stop feeding him.

Also, nerfs would only make LF players camp even more. A rework would be better.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,099
    Options

Have you ever just ran to obstacle to make him hit it instead of you? His chainsaw can be avoided by obstacle. If you can 360 the chainsaw then that another option

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,794
    edited May 2019
    Options

Its pretty sad if staring at a hook for most of the match is someone's idea of entertainment.

Never mind losing points and depipping, I can't think of a more boring way to play as killer.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

I don't blame them I consider LF to be worse than freddy.

• drekin7979
    drekin7979 Member Posts: 94
    Options

He camps? We fix gens.

• The_Bogeyman
    The_Bogeyman Member Posts: 269
    Options

If Bubba sucks so bad then you're stupid to play him in the first place, fam.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
  • WheatThinO
    WheatThinO Member Posts: 62
    Options

good. i never want him to be viable and if leatherf ck is just so freakin ugly, stupid, and boring he shouldn't be fun to play. i dont want him removed, i want him to remain in the game but as trash so everyone who enjoys the killer as a character or used to for gameplay either leaves the game or is forced to actually use skill. none of his players deserve fun, wins, or good lives. i want their heads