Among the killers who do you think is underrated or overrated?

Options

I will start this off by saying The Clown is underrated. As for overrated killers I got to be honest. What's the deal with The Wraith? I am still learning him but I am honestly curious to know.

To clarify I didn't create this to start fights. Please be mindful how you voice your opinions.

Comments

• Unnamed_Freak
    Unnamed_Freak Member Posts: 570
    Options

@TreemanXD there are people that think that Leatherface is mid tier.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

@Unnamed_Freak then I say legion is underrated and leatherface is overrated.

• Endorb
    Endorb Member Posts: 151
    Options

I have no strong opinions on this, although I will try and explain why people like Wraith:

• No terror radius when cloaked means you can get closer to survivors before starting a chase; sometimes even right up to them
    • faster speed when cloaked helps end chases faster when they are caught in a bad spot (the speed boost after uncloaking is there to negate the speed loss from the transition; plan accordingly)
    • faster speed when cloaked helps you traverse the map way faster
    • the addons allow for more variation in the wraith than any other killer's addons, meaning that, statistically, he's easiest to have fun with
  • MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    Options

Underrated: Doctor. He can honestly be such a great killer. Even though she is usually seen as one of the better killers, I think that Hag is underrated.

Overrated: Probably Billy

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476
    edited May 2019
    Options

Spirit is 100% overrated. All her power lets her do is not be a 110 M1 Killer every 10 to 15 seconds.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Underrated: Wraith.

Overrated: Pig.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143
    Options

Underated freddy

Overrated nurse

My point being freddy had probably one of the best tracking and locating abilities I game with minimal skill necessary to learn or implement effectively.

As for the nurse unless you have practiced day in and day out with her blinks they can be overwhelming even hindering I can't even count how many times I've outmaneuvered baby to even slightly adept nurses (not referring to god tier p3 nurses who plague red ranks) in the end it about your skill with a killer and as for easy to learn freddy is underrated and nurse is overrated

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    Options

Underrated: Freddy, my dreamboat. I saved him for last because EVERYBODY said he was the worst but I found that was a great exaggeration. Oh he has some nasty flaws that shouldn’t be there because they’re borderline exploitive, but there’s ways and builds to have a fun time making survivors hurt.

Overrated: People say the Plague is midtier and they’re wrong since she’s solidly low tier, bottom of the barrel, forgotten. I think maybe Pig too but that maybe because I’m not fond of 90% stealth speed with reduced vision and a finite power that’s not even lethal anymore.

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504
    Options

Hag is pretty underrated. Plague is frequently overrated as a high tier Killer but that's very dependent on if Survivors cleanse or not.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

Freddy is unbelievably underrated, he is amazing at securing 4Ks, since you have constant intel on where everyone is outside your radius as long as they are in radius, it's basically like Hex: Ruin within itself, they don't want to focus on gens or healing as much, just to get out of the dream realm, he has a long lunge and if you have the right build, he's even a good chase preventer. Clown is underrate too in the fact that he stops chases pretty instantly. Leatherface is as good as you are, he takes time to remember and learn.

I don't think necessarily any Killers are overrated, Nurse and Hillbilly are convenient, so I see nothing wrong with them.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    edited May 2019
    Options

Overrated: Clown. Highly add on dependent. Loops are generally still safe and his reload time is way too long.

Underrated: Trapper. Ridiculous snowball potential. Able to essentially down 2 or more survivors at once. What other killer can do that other than Leatherface?

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,002
    Options

Underrated is Freddy as he can slow the game down pretty fast when mixing his power with discordance and Ruin, Over Rated his hillbilly, he is not as strong as you all think, yes high movement speed and map pressure, but if you utilize loops you can distract him for most of the match

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,440
    Options

Imo:

Overrated: Hag

Underrated: Clown

• Alther_Primus
    Alther_Primus Member Posts: 158
    Options

Freddy is easily the most underrated killer IMO. He's a walking Hex: Ruin with extra tracking and even some built-in Mindgames. Frankly, with the tech that's come out over the past year or so, I actually don't think Freddy needs a rework.

In regards to killers that are severely overrated? Clown. He slows himself by the same amount his gas slows Survivor and he loses any of the minimal amount of time he might save with it because he has to reload. He is the epitome of everything wrong with the "Chase Power = Strong" mentality, and that's not even touching how bugged his bottle collision is.

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615
    Options

Underrated: Trapper for sure

Overrated: Huntress for hitboxes

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,166
    Options

Either Freddy or Doctor for underrated. I main Doctor and had an almost two-week streak of Freddy dailies, so I know just how powerful they can both be in the right hands.

For overrated, definitely Plague. I am still unable to see her being even mid-tier.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options

Mechanically underrated: Legion

Conceptually overrated: Legion

I love how he plays now but his design is boring and uninteresting (and Legion fans on here tend to get on my nerves, especially with the pins)

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    edited May 2019
    Options

@johnmwarner you forgot Hag, as usual.

Sigh Underrated, is obviously Hag. Clearly better than Billy and weaker than Spirit.

Overrated, obviously Billy, he's just an effortlessly loopable killer against smart survivors, at least Hag has a chance.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options

I wouldn't say Hag is underrated, but definitely underused. A lot of people just don't know how to get the most out of her. Unlike Billy and Nurse who are relatively straightforward, Hags ability gives her a lot of possible tactics. I don't see many hag mains but I see a lot of people acknowledge her as top tier.

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943
    Options

Overrated-billy

pretty loopable but atleast his patrol of the map shorter than most killers, and if he catches them out they get chainsawed

Underrated-pig

her traps slow the game down and her crouch does counter some loops, not nearly as bad as people say, one of the better m1 killers imo, not to say there arent annoying things like the roar that pretty much ruins the surprise facter that her dash should do to get the free first hit vs good survivors

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,623
    Options

Underrated:

Pig. She is not that bad and her Traps can be quite good at wasting time. The End Game change and her being a M1-Killer let people to the impression that she is weak, but she is okish.

Hag is also quite underrated, but only when people either use them and chase with her or dont have played much in this game.

Overrated:

Maybe Billy, he is strong, and probably Number 3 of all Killers, but some people rate him higher than Spirit, which isnt the case.

• Flyingdrull
    Flyingdrull Member Posts: 18
    Options

Underrated- Hag because she can easily get rid of loops and there a few different ways of playing her. (note I am kind of biased cause I main Hag)

Overrated- Hillbilly because he has the be the killer I see the most whenever I play as survivor and he is just as loopable as any anther 115 speed m1 killer. Sure he has map control but if there is a team where all survivors are good at looping, he won't be able to do much.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

Hag is 100% underrated and Huntress is the killer I see overrated a lot.

• rayoxium
    rayoxium Member Posts: 112
    Options

Underrated: pig and hag

pigs traps slow the game down, especially if you bring an extra. Sneaking up on people gives you a good first hit, the dash helps get survivors on certain loops or makes them abandon them. #dashisnottrash

hag had the highest kill rate, you all just hate the low fov. Also monitor and abuse makes her terror radius tiny

• BillyIII
    BillyIII Member Posts: 365
    Options

> Overrated: Nea not as powerful as some may think if you have the right perks.

What the ######### did you just ######### say about me, you little #########? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Nea Mains, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Top Streamers, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US killer mains. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the ######### out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ######### words. You think you can get away with saying that ######### to me over the Internet? Think again, #########. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re ######### dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the DBD Ultra Rare Addons and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little #########. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ######### tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will ######### fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re ######### dead, kiddo

• Akiro
    Akiro Member Posts: 23
    edited May 2019
    Options

I agree with the majority of posters that Billy is overrated.

I believe people rate him according to his ability to down fast and get many kills in high ranks, and not according to his ability to consistently pip in high ranks.

The red-rank killers I watch on twitch might get 4k's with Billy almost as often as Nurse, but they blackpip 90% of the games because the chaser emblem is constructed in a way that punishes Billy, and they very rarely get over silver. If they 4k fast, with 4 or 5 gens left, they get bronze. Ending chases fast does not make up for the fact that you don't accrue many hits throughout the game. This means that Billy's pipping frequency is honestly probably in the lower half of the killers (if we are looking at the best players at higher ranks) even though he's definitely top 3 at getting kills at the same time.

It's quite paradoxical.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814
    edited May 2019
    Options

@Akiro this is exactly why Billy is so good. He often finishes games so fast he doesn't even get emblem. Its proof of strenght.

He also relies on risky plays on higher ranks as straight forward chasing wastes to much time.

I agree that Hag is underrated, but Pig is straight up horrible. Relies on rng for traps (from 4 boxes searched up to 16) to slow the game. Her main strenght was end game and now its gone. Dash is bad aswell (yeah surę, you can do nice tricks with it, but they are all like cj tech, once you know about, you easly counter it) . She is only good for mindgames due to her smaller size... But you can't win just on mindgames against not braindead survivors. Not with useless power. Did i mention spine chill coming back to meta again?

Just go Trapper, way better.

• Akiro
    Options

This is exactly what I mean. People see strength as ability to end games fast but, technically, emblems are the point of the game; because that's how you rank up. So, shouldn't the ability to consistently pip be the most appropriate definition of strength?

Depends on how you see it. if you look at killing or at ranking up as the indicator of strength.

• Akiro
    Options

This is what I mean when I say people define strength according to killing rather than pipping. Depends on how you see it. I feel that as long as emblems and not kills are the way you rank up, it ultimately means that emblems (rather than kills) are the point of the game.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

Billy is really overrated but still annoying to verse. You can loop him like a normal 4.6 m/s Killer. But you can not really run away from his cuz of his Chainsaw, so if you abandon a loop he'll eventually catch up and still instadown you. He can also use his Chainsaw whenever he wants which is stupid instead of making the Chainsaw chargeable after a few Chainsaw sprints

• MrDardon
    Options

Meanwhile people who watch a certain YouTuber who thinks Hag is D Tier because he chases with 4.4 m/s and 10 Traps in the pocket.

• Boss
    Options

Some still think of Wraith as D-tier or lower.

They're free to, but i believe he got out of there.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

@ClogWench he forgot to list Hag as viable. Everyone always neglect her.

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626
    Options

Trapper and hag had a small buff with the new EGC. EGC vs a single survivor is sure 4k if you find the hatch first (anyway 90% with other killers and 100% hillbilly and nurse)

• MrDardon
    Options

Trapper is still a very, very bad Killer, if not the worst

• MrDardon
    Options

Yeah, he is definitely better. Without Addons he is #########, I agree there. But nobody plays Killer without addons. Wraith is better than most other M1 Killers because he moves very stealthy, and that's an powerful ability many people underestimate.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    Options

Wraith is not as bad as he once was and there are other killers below him, but Wraith isn’t really that good either.

Wraith without add-ons is low tier. Wraith with add-ons is at the bottom of mid tier. He is good if you equip Windstorm but he just can’t compete with the more viable killers of mid tier like Huntress and Myers.

• JESUS_CHRIST
    JESUS_CHRIST Member Posts: 313
    Options

Meh I started using him recently and I've been beating high rank people with him. Sometimes I'm steady trapping and other times it looks like it's going to be a bust, but then I get a chain reaction of people getting trapped. Pipping can be a problem though and of course there are always bad games. Some people run Small Game and that can be a pain but usually if you're smart with your trap placement you'll get people.

Really the most underrated killer is the one the team you're up against is the least prepared to deal with. It's the same way with survivors. People complain about SWF, which no doubt can be a nightmare, but when you don't dodge games and you face one after another you get used to using their strategy against them. Also if you're like me you get a little too stuck in that mode and you end up screwing up 3 games in a row because you fail to adjust your strategy against stealthy survivors after all that mayhem game after game.

I used to do good with Freddy too and I know it was post nerf because I was sad that I didn't get to make the survivors cry. I think it was soon after release that they neutered him anyway. I took a break from the game and never really made it back to using him again though. From the few dailies I used him for it did feel like people were better at strategizing against him then back then.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

The Nurse is underrated. People claim she is god tier, but thats an understatement.

I dont see any killer beeing overrated tbh

• Boss
    Options

Great thing about Add-ons is, even if you play a Killer without any Add-ons, after a few Bloodwebs, you'll be buying more than you're using up anyway.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

Underrated: Pig - She's incredibly nuanced for map control, but she has pseudo tracking in the same way as Plague (whom is more obvious, but has the same concept). While tragiclly hurt by RNG and a bad power, she reliably slows the game down with traps, whether they're active or not.

Overrated: Legion - He's annoying due to tunneling, but is a tragically weak killer to play his design properly (hitting multiple survivors with Deep Wound). He's a victim of his own design, and I don't understand why people quit against him.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options

Nah, mate, Wraith is great

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398
    edited May 2019
    Options

Overrated: Spirit

Power revoles around guessing games

Most survivors don't counter her properly

Power has a cool down which heavily punishes Spirit is the survivor guesses right

Gets f******d by bugs every patch

Underrated: Freddy

Best counter to gen rush

Aura reading gives tons of information

Can get a free hit from mindgaming the dream transition

Can pressure multiplayer survivors with multitasking

Biggest perk pool in the game