STOP BRINGING COSMETICS OUT WITH AURIC CELLS AS ONLY OPTION OF GETTING THEM!

Options
A9F6
A9F6 Member Posts: 91

At least bring 2 varients of the same skin if 1 is auric cells only. I keep hold of my shards waiting weeks for new cosmetics for them to only be purchased by cells.

PLEASE!! PLEASE!!

Comments

• TheShape78
    TheShape78 Member Posts: 712
    Options

Agreed, but you can also buy them with shards. Of course, it takes an eternity to earn enough of them to do so. I'd just pay and be done with it.

• Trotfoxx
    Trotfoxx Member Posts: 105
    Options

They want money to keep doing those cosmetics. I totally get it, so should you. If you want the new cosmetic NOW, pay; if you wait enough it will be buyable with shards.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,432
    edited May 2019
    Options

They need to make money. If they made them all purchasable with game time they'd probably have to stop making Chapters purchasable with game time. They are extremely lenient with how much they allow to be purchasable with game time imo.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

It could be done but it's not a necessity imo.

It's a cosmetic nothing else, I'd rather they had this revenue stream than charging for every single dlc and remove the option of buying original ones with shards.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

Unfortunately its just the way it is. BHVR at the end of the day is a business and if they want to keep the lights on, pay their employees and continue work on DBD they need a reliable revenue stream to finance that.

• A9F6
    Options

This is only my opinion guys, this is what I would love to see happen. if they are sticking with auric cells most times I think the cosmetics could be better too, more imaginative skins. Again just my opinion on the matter.

• drekin7979
    drekin7979 Member Posts: 94
    Options

Agreed. Also the cells are very expensive. The price for a non-colour variant attire is ridiculous.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

I just want to chime in and say this really is the lesser of two evils right now. Sure the cosmetics are expensive but they are a necessary evil for BHVR. They could have easily put in pay to win mechanics where you purchase bloodpoints for money or allow loot boxes. We all know bloodpoint packages would sell like hot cakes given how grindy the game is yet they decided to run an ever expanding cosmetic store. I know which i would prefer.

• drekin7979
    drekin7979 Member Posts: 94
    Options

I have said I would pay £3.99 a month for the smallest cell pack. Then they leak those smashing 2 pig, huntress and wraith skins. Rascals.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,900
    Options

I get where you are coming from, but I have to agree with, @Blueberry. They are very lenient with how much you can already purchase with shards. I have only spent money on Pig and Freddy. I bought all of the original killers with shards and some cosmetics for them as well. I don't mind when they release cosmetics that can be bought with shards, but I'm not going to get mad if they don't.

• holywhitetrash
    holywhitetrash Member Posts: 289
    Options

stop asking for things to be free, and yes your time in game is free here

this game does not have a subscription they do not make money from you playing

they make money on this game from selling the game, chapters, and cosmetics

they are generous enough to let you earn chapters and some cosmetics with in game time

this game and it's chapters are very fairly priced and if you don't think so go look at your in game time and compare that to the price of seeing a movie in theater

lastly i assume they put most of the money they make off this game back into it by paying developers and artists to make new chapters, make new cosmetics, and improve gameplay

• A9F6
    Options

I understand they are a business trying to make money. These are just my personal wants in a game. Some people may not agree some might.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

@TheShape78 Please don't support their ######### business practices. You can have cosmetic stuff for sale and still be costumer-centric. Just look at Warframe.

• Schwifty
    Schwifty Member Posts: 70
    Options

Perhaps have a shrine of secrets for premium cosmetics?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Ehh, making 2 variants with them looking 99% the same kinda destroys the exclusivity of the AC one.

Oh look, that new Dwight jacket has 2 versions, but the AC one has the zipper 5% more closed.

• Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403
    Options

I got 56 k waiting for Really good cosmetics

Sometime i do buy :P

but i do agree to many payed cosmetics but it gives them money to invest in game

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,576
    Options

They wont, the devs need to keep making money in this game somehow...but 90% of my cosmetics ARE ith the shards not cells...if you are selling a prdouct and putting effort into a game, you need some sort of way to make money. Like their tshirts and other merch etc yes some outfits i can't get myself....but hey they do give away free ones ...and then they offer discounts too....

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

Cosmetics are irrelevant. They should charge for them. Some of them are ridiculously overpriced though.

• crabby247
    crabby247 Member Posts: 58
    Options

Ten bucks for a skin!? Yeah kinda crazy.

So think of it this way...

Do u love DBD? YES!

Do u want to support BHVR? YES!

Now let me go get my debit card haha

• EqMonkVeeshan
    EqMonkVeeshan Member Posts: 416
    Options

yep make all cosmetics cost auric cells. do not bring in a battle pass. this solves the whole money thing just make good cosmetics and people will buy them. make trash no one will buy it.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,576
    Options

@crabby247 LOL! me and Mr Mushwin agree, if he gets an outfit for one of his, i dont get the same one, but then i can play on his game...it seems extreme but it's like supporting a business and they DO discounts....which i recently missed! -whnes- Mr Mushwin bought Kate and i got Claudette my main....and with the recent skins we decided togethr on what we want....sorry but DBD take my money cos i am a girl and i love clothes!!

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

If I remember correctly they go on special sale offer from time to time that allows them to be bought with IS. Or at leat that's how it used to be I think.

• holywhitetrash
    holywhitetrash Member Posts: 289
    Options

ten bucks seems like the norm for a skin in games for a character at least

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Options

@Sairek

IMO that’s too much of a rip off to the people who paid.

Cosmetics are not something that is required to play the game. You either pay or buy the ones that are available with shards.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,051
    Options

Yeah it was like right before a new chapter comes out, the set of the previous one became IS available for a limited time offer.

@Topic

According to a reddit post 21 days ago, about 74.2% of the cosmetics are accesible through shards. But to be fair. Most of them are Recolours of the base skins. Still they are very close to the ratio they promised backwhen they introduced the shop a year ago.

Still I understand, that it's kinda frustrating only to see AC focused cosmetics each week. And it makes shards feel less worth. Especially if you belong to those, who prefer to support the game with buying chapter dlcs instead of using charts. I personally hort shards by now in hope I get some good use for them. Don't see the use in buying BP in the shrine since they changed it.

But you have to understand, that these cosmetics cost extra time, and it's meant to finance future support of the game as well. It's a business after all. Still I understand your criticism. And maybe they might put some older cosmetics into the shards category as we approach year 3. Those who don't run anymore as they used to be, when they were introduced like the clown one e.g. Who knows....

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    Options

I don't really have any issues with the current system tbh.

• CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625
    Options

You don't need the cosmetics dude, you can already purchase DLC with Shards.

Calm down man.

• Neska
    Neska Member Posts: 132
    Options

I just think it’s sad that the 4 original survivor seem to get “auric cells only” purples and the other get purple outfits that you can often buy with shards (not all of them) where the OG’s only have each 1 purple outfit that’s you can buy with shards..

This discussion has been closed.