How do I VS the Clown?

Auron471
Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310
edited May 2019 in General Discussions

I dont get that many clown games, so i dont know how to counter his power. He just throws fart clouds everywhere then i cant use pallets, windows or anything.

All i can do is run in a straight line and hope for the best. What do i do to escape the clown?

Edit: Yes i know moving in unpredictable ways can help avoid the clouds, but that means im running away from all the pallets and windows.

Comments

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

His counter is exactly the same as huntress, sort of, avoid his bottles then deal with a M1 killer

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798

You cant exactly avoid bottles since they leave an aoe to cut you off. Its really different from the huntress where you just need to predict and dodge.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    edited May 2019

Don't rely on loops. Fake that you are relying on loops and then sneak off to another loop. Hug pallets and throw them early to avoid not getting caught in a cloud of gas and being an easy target. Most Clowns use Bamboozle, so don't rely on loops that require that one good window to work. Don't rely on exhaustion perks, as the Clown can use an add-on to give you exhaustion before you get a chance to use your perks.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

Clown is not that threatening to be honest. The clouds are annoying but I have my best luck against clown trying to juke him then disengage, rather than trying to find safe spaces.

Its much easier if you have Calm Spirit and Urban Evasion, but if you don't with skill and luck it can be done.

Cloud is only a big problem if he's using that add-on that one shots you when you are perfumed.

• letuce
    letuce Member Posts: 89

As a clown player: I use tonic for 2 reasons.

1. To slow down my target, I'll only use it in this way to guarantee a hit, in which you can't do much at that time. Or to slow someone who is looping around a pallet, in the hopes to get a hit.

2. To gain information, if you run in a jungle gym area, I'll toss a tonic somewhere to cut an area, or to get a noise that someone used that escape. If no notifications I'll use a short cut the other way to cut the distance. This you can counter. If you see that the clown doesn't always follow you you can play mind games after he tosses a tonic.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716

I think a lot people underestimate the Clown.

Honestly, I think he's a really cool and fun killer (He's pretty good too.)

I play him a lot and do very well with him getting 3k's & 4k's very often, but I think people don't understand that he's a anti-loop killer (person typing back: nope just the same as any other m1 killer) well people can play him poorly, but many just run over/stomp survivors with him.

I say give him a try and form a anti-loop build with him, he's pretty fun.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900

There isn't much to counter against a competent Clown who's good with the toxin bottles. Best chance is to try and avoid the gas clouds, and hope to find a good looping spot. Even then you're not guaranteed safety.

I mean Clown is the anti-looping killer. He's designed to cut chases short. So your only hope is to try and avoid the gas clouds. Which as I said is not easy if you're facing a competent Clown.

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

Genrush. Clown is a killer who wins the fight, but loses the war.