Remove the "Leave Game" button.

SmokePotion
SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089

I 100% do not care about the arguement that they will unplug their router. That's 100% besides the point.

The point being that there is a d/c button in the game that's super easy to use, and has no fallout for using, as long as you only d/c 1 out of 3 of your games. So there already isn't a punishment for the behavior, and you are making it really easy to do it. This will slow down d/cs because when you unplug your router, that's extra physical steps they have to take, instead of "hit escape, click leave, laugh that the killer loses at least 1 pip."

Comments

• SmokePotion

ok? And? This exists in other games, and they don't let you leave the game and ruin it for everyone.

• SmokePotion

No if things get messy, you're supposed to keep playing the game. If the killer traps you, you made a mistake. Yes, people trolling is a problem, last night I d/ced from a game where a guy lead the killer to my locker (i was hiding from bbq) and pointed me out, and I D/ced.

That does not make either of us right. It makes me wrong for D/cing. And it makes them wrong for trolling. Having a d/c button does 100% nothing to help the game.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

I mean if the survivor gets bugged somewhere you can't reach them then you reach quite a predicament

• SmokePotion

Sounds like the game needs a stuck button, not a d/c button

Also, I've never once gotten stuck. Ever.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

No if things get messy, you're supposed to keep playing the game. If the killer traps you, you made a mistake. Yes, people trolling is a problem, last night I d/ced from a game where a guy lead the killer to my locker (i was hiding from bbq) and pointed me out, and I D/ced.

Sounds like you need to practice what you preach. Hypocrisy isn't convincing.

Even if you realize you were wrong for DCing, I seriously don't feel inclined to agree with you when you yourself are using the Leave Game button.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,844

Dude, you can't hijack someone's property with a video game!

• Eskay
    Eskay Member Posts: 30

It won't do anything because you can just press ALT+F4

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

The truth that the development team doesn't want to tell you is that without dedicated servers, they're actually heavily reliant on that disconnect button to track disconnects. The reason their coding keeps glitching out in so many disconnect situations is because disconnecting by the in game menu is the only way the game knows for sure somebody disconnected.

If you were to remove that button, it would be even easier for people to get away without punishment for intentionally disconnecting.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,520

This is not true in the slightest. All disconnects are treated exactly the same, regardless of how you do it. If other players in the lobby see that you have disconnected, that data is already logged in the backend.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946

The leave button is an essential part of any game.

RL issues can occur at anytime and aslong as alt+f4 is a thing a rage quitter still can do his harm.

Around Summer servers will be live and the devs will have exact overview about the DC's and can and will act accordingly.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

Why don't u copy final fantasy 11 and add a 30 second timer

• Aceonfire
    Aceonfire Member Posts: 304

There are so many situations where you have to kill the DBD process to exit the game anyways.

Joining a lobby and it bugs matchmaking? No escape menu, can sit there for 5 minutes, easy, before it times out while "searching for game"

Loading screens have no option to leave or cancel and you have to kill the process or wait 5-10 minutes for the host or all players to kill the process / time out

Tied into the first, once the game-start timer hits 0 in the lobby, it can hang and while just like the other situations, where the game is not actually Unresponsive, the programming simply doesn't have an escape menu.

So now knowing there is no intention of removing the leave game feature, I ask why the other "dead spots" exist without an escape menu?

I know the Devs encountered every one of those issues when designing the game.

Did they not think once, during the 5-10 minute wait that "hey, this needs an escape/abort menu"

I'm just totally dumbfounded that after 3 years it's not been touched or changed in the slightest.

To the OP @SmokePotion it would not matter at all. I would wager 1 year salary that 95 percent of people who have more than 15 hours in this game, know the process name by heart and even the most computer / electronic illiterate person knows how to alt-tab, bring us task manager, and kill DBD.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

When they said getting trapped in the corner they meant being held hostage, not just getting pissy cause they got caught.