Left Behind - is it useless?

Options
wydyadoit
wydyadoit Member Posts: 1,132
edited May 2019 in General Discussions

With the new endgame mechanic and hatch always spawning and getting closed is Left Behind a useless perk?

last person remaining gets a repair speed bonus for each incomplete generator. But if the hatch is closed do the generators still count as incomplete?

Discuss.

Comments

• holywhitetrash
    holywhitetrash Member Posts: 289
    Options

there is no discuss here everyone knows left behind is poopy , it has exactly one niche use which is YOU ARE THE LAST SURVIVOR and the killer is refusing to close the hatch (so the survivor will come up to them) and even then it still requires the killer to not respond to gens being finished

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    edited May 2019
    Options

Yes useless, you can enjoy that high speed repair for all of the time it takes the killer to shut the hatch, then you cannot do gens anymore. They get Entity blocked. Time is better spent either looking for the hatch, a key to open the hatch, or positioning near an exit switch for when the hatch is closed. Or just finding a nice comfortable place to die.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

Left Behind is useless in the fact that no one will do gens if there is a last person left. Killer will close the hatch, I feel like INSTEAD:

Left Behind gets rid of the repair speed and instead gives heal speed.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited May 2019
    Options

We been asking for a rework ever since EGC was announced. We all knew it would be a dead perk, like it wasn't dead enough before EGC.

But at least before EGC there was some niche use out of it for those weirdos who felt liking finishing the job instead of looking for the hatch, or for those who didn't get a single gen done and now need to finish 2 before the hatch spawns.

Right now, there is absolutely ZERO use for the perk.

I think they should rework the perk to be something like,

"You can open the hatch as if it were an Exit Gate."

Post edited by Mochan on
  • wydyadoit
    Options

both of these solutions have downsides though. for 1 heal speed is pointless in end game collapse. Movement speed is what matters. movement speed and the ability to power the exit gates and find the hatch.

If you could open the hatch as if it were an exit gate then there would be no point in bringing keys AND it would be slightly overpowered - but i have a thought on that further below.

HOWEVER! i do like the brainstorming efforts. What if left behind showed the survivor where the hatch was for a few seconds. right now we dont have a perk that does that. just an add-on for the map and the rainbow map. And instead of it being just when the hatch spawns it's instead when the hatch opens - and this can be from keys or from deaths.

Left Behind -

Unlocks potential in one's Aura-reading ability.

Auras of black locks are revealed to you when unlocked for 2/3/4 seconds. If you are the last person alive and the black lock has been closed you can interact with it to re-open it. Black locks take 35/30/25 seconds to open this way and is unaffected by any other perks or status effects.

-------

i think this would balance it enough and still give it that Bill Overbeck trying his damnedest to survive feeling.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,576
    Options

Left behind was always useless...not sure i even know anyone who used it...

• wydyadoit
    Options

There are a ton of things that seem useless at first because people are afraid to step outside of their comfort zones.

• Schwifty
    Schwifty Member Posts: 70
    edited May 2019
    Options

Devs: "Lets change end game without re-balancing some perks that only work in end game"

Community: "hmmmm. . ."

XD

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504
    Options

There's no reason for the Killer to not close the hatch if they find it since they removed hatch grabs. Left Behind has literally zero point anymore and should receive a change.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767
    Options

Yeah, it is useless

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,178
    Options

Simple, "Left behind" become an alt version of key

1 Requirement: Only one survivor in the trial. When requirement meet, player can open the Hatch to escape.

If there are 2 survivors left with 3 gen repaired and the Hatch spawn. This perk is still not active. At this situation, Left behind player will likely to try make the other one dies, so he can use the perk to escape.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,576
    Options

@wydyadoit true but i have tried every perk.....and for a while too it just seemed meh and now even more meh

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    Options

Sure, but in this case...it was indeed useless. Even before EGC it had a very rare niche. 1) You being the last alive and 2) maybe either having to do a gen or two for the hatch to spawn or try to complete the last gens to power the gates. Remember the perk was buffed significantly with the EGC update...it was even worse before. Usually it is invitation to death to work on gens when last alive. It's even hard with just two people unless one happens to be a looping god. The killer just has to have an idea where you are and you are done. Patrolling gens is how killers found survivors at the game start to begin with, but this time there is no one else to do the gens while you get chased.

I ran it several times, it usually never even came into play. Like playing with just three perk slots.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options
  • ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

That moment when a perk just needs to be Sole Survivor instead of the actual Sole Survivor.

• slipttees
    slipttees Member Posts: 846
    edited May 2019
    Options

humm

• Schwifty
    Schwifty Member Posts: 70
    Options

Left Behind got left behind in the EGC patch

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    edited May 2019
    Options

This for sure. I also believe Left behind should allow the survivor to open a closed by killer hatch without a key. Not an instant open, it should take however many seconds with a meter like the gates. It resets to nothing though if you let go, like cleansing a totem. Maybe 10-15 seconds long or something. It would at least give the killer something else to think about besides easily going from gate to gate. The killer already has a significant advantage in finding the hatch first, so it is absolutely not unfair if a survivor actually brings this perk and escapes.

• Vektast
    Vektast Member Posts: 33
    Options

Yee It's just completely dead perk. Simply no reason to use it. And I think it's hard for devs to rework it because it's a perk of a licensed char - Bill.

• wydyadoit
    Options

if i were a betting man... i'd bet that a licensed character would have more incentive for the company to want to rework the character.

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780
    Options

It wasn't completely useless. It was extremely situational, now it is completely useless.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    Options

I tried using OoO, Sole Survivor And Left Behind altogether.

I was never good enough to get left behind. :D

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911
    Options

it was figuratively useless before

it quite literally does nothing now

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843
    Options

If it was 1000% bonus it would still be trash. There are only 2 uses I can think of for it, which hardly ever happen anyways and aren't worth a perk slot by a long shot

1. The killer is not closing the hatch and is also not patrolling gens
    2. You are at one gen and want both hatch and gates potentially available at once, so the killer has to choose to check the gates or keep looking for the hatch, possibly buying you time to go for whatever the killer isn't going for