Ideas for NoED

Options
BOSS242
BOSS242 Member Posts: 171

I have two suggestions to help put NoED in a less controversial place with members of the community:)

1) NoED is no longer a hex and only gives exposed status to only the next survivor hit. Killer keeps the speed boost.

This allows killer to quickly get a down so they can apply pressure to the team before they leave to draw out the game while leaving the survivors a playable but still killer tilted environment.

and/or

2) Add a totem counter to the hud for killer and survivors.

This would give the solo or really any non-4 man SWF the info to know if its safe to complete the gens or not. It is nearly impossible or at least unreasonable for a survivor to know if they missed a totem or if maybe its already been busted by a team member. I can think of lots off good info killers and survivors would gain from the added counter and no negatives really.

Thoughts? Or what would your suggestion be to find "happy" killer/survivor balance to NoED?

Comments

• Auron471
    Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310
    edited May 2019
    Options

i would prefer a totem counter on the hud or something. But at the same time, that kinda destroys NoED's usability IMO.

Perhaps the killers will always have the speed boost, but the exposed status effect is tied to the totem. Then give the totem count in the HUD

• legion_main
    legion_main Member Posts: 483
    Options

Noed is already bad no need to nerf it more

• doitagain_
    doitagain_ Member Posts: 723
    Options

A totem counter on the HUD isn't happening because it serves literally zero purpose besides countering a single perk the killer may or may not have.

• BOSS242
    Options

So 1 point for why to have a counter and 0 points for why not to.

Having one reason is still a reason and just cause it would only help for one perk in the current game with a counter they could add more perks that trigger dulls and it would feel more like the 2nd optional objective that it should be.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    Options

If there will be a totem counter, then it should be tied to small game imo.

NOED is strong but not that much, there are tons of counters to it.

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819
    Options

"NOED is fine" OMEGALUL

• BOSS242
    Options

I know, right?? Im tired of it to!!! Thats why im asking for people to come up with new answer both sides like. Not a nerf/buff really just a way that more people like to play and play against NoED. Anyone who says "it's fine!" Must not be as tired as you and i are about the constant conversations involving NoED! :)

• Endorb
    Endorb Member Posts: 151
    Options

There's already a hex that counts your dull totems. Just add one onto small game and there you go!

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    Options

Every killer should have built in NOED. If you cant take out 5 totems youre either lazy or dumb. Possibly both.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    Options

NOED is fine as it is, stop trying to nerf it and clean more, biatches

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

I don't mind if they add it to a perk like small games but to have it in the base kit that's a big no.

Have it work like hell thrill of the hunt give you information about how many totems are there even though it's not it's main purpose

• Orti
    Orti Member Posts: 198
    Options

Leave NOED as it is. There is plenty of counterplay and it's not even used that much anyway

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134
    edited May 2019
    Options

the best way to balance noed is giving the survivors a sound. kinda like a notification (totem breaking sound) every time a totem that is not hex gets cleansed. no need to nerf noed itself. just closing the gap between swf and solos is enough.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,999
    Options

ffs, this perk is easily countered, cleansing totems exists

• BOSS242
    Options
  • Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    Options

The second option is more balanced

• MuteNewt
    MuteNewt Member Posts: 234
    Options

Please stop with this noed nerfing stuff. The Perk is probably one of the most balanced in the game and people yet would rather blame the perk than adapt using the perks given to us by Behaviour or just be to lazy to cleanse totems.

And this is coming from a survivor main that always carries Small Game and knows how easy it is to cleanse all totems on their own before gates are powered. I rarely see anyone using the perk or even cleansing dull totems.

You treat every game as if a killer is carrying it you will never ever have a noed problem again. People wont change out their perks or are to lazy to cleanse.

• CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625
    Options

The increase of NOED on Console has been ridiculous.

I play Solo and I can only do so much.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

I think noed is fine.

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529
    Options

Small game is the counter to totems.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options

NOED sucks to get hit by but if you get hit by it it's your own fault. The only change id make is reverting it to only tier 3 having the exposed effect, since it makes it super easy for new killer players to benefit from it against survivors who barely have the skills to escape.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824
    Options

I have a cool NOED idea.

Do freaking totems.

• AsheruSwiftwind
    AsheruSwiftwind Member Posts: 156
    Options

Totem counter for Survivors would be foolish. Totem counter for killers I could see. But honestly NOED has a hard counter... Don't only rush gens and kill the totems. I know its a hard concept but when I play survivor I am always going out of my way to hunt "treats" just the other day I killed 4 totems myself and was hoping someone else had found the 5th. End game started and Nope... Nurse Had NOED and killed 3/4 oh well guess just focusing on the gens taught that group a lesson.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

I don't really mind Noed in it's current form but I still thought about an interesting change which I personally like.

Hex: No one escapes Death back to No one escapes death

• When the last gen is finished Survivors suffer from Exhaustion, Blindness, Mangled and Hemorrhage for the rest of the Trial
    • All remaining pallets are immidiately thrown down by the Entity
    • 50 % of the remaining pallets automatically break
    • Increases your movement speed by 5 % for the rest of the Trial

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    Options

Totem Counter removes the element of the unknown and is defintiely a nerf to NoEd.

Suggestion#1 is bad because it removes counterplay. The less uncounterable things in the game, the better.

NoED is fine really. Survivors just need to learn to cleanse the totems, or suffer the consequences.