Kinda tired of these leaks...

Options
SlickSal
SlickSal Member Posts: 112

I know I know, leaks are usually badass and SHOULD be a rare occurrence in most games, but dbd is out of hand. I kinda wish Behavior would make it so the files couldn’t be data mined so we wouldn’t have leaks every other day.

at first they were cool, but lately it’s just been silly

Ash, Ghostface, all of the cosmetics months before they even come out, and now battle pass and charm leaks.

seriously? What is there really gonna be to reveal in the anniversary livestream that hasn’t already been spoiled for us.

I know this sounds bitter, but I just find it rather annoying and wish Behavior would find a way to stop making things leakable with literally every patch.

I just don’t like the leaks because we have to wait the long leak time, ptb and then have to wait the normal release wait time as well. This makes me lose hype due to waiting forever for something.

What do you guys think? Do you think the leaks are cool or do you wish things would slow down?

Comments

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767
    Options

All they need to do, is to stop shipping unreleased content within the game.

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089
    Options

well, it's not data miners.

It's devs sending out dev builds to the community on accident. I love data miners and what they do for game communities. However, these leaks are insane. BHVR's official stance is to not talk about them, but when you go to play DBD, the first 2 news articles you see below it on steam, are news about the ghostface leaks.

I honestly hope someone lost their job. because I've been fired from jobs where I didn't compramise IP.

• SlickSal
    Options

@SmokePotion I agree I am not at all blaming the data miners. I wish behavior would simply lock down their stuff better. I find it ridiculous that they could make this many mistakes and still come out and say “no one was fired.”

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    Options

I honestly can't tell what was the last time I was hyped for something.

PTB kills my hype for the new killer, these outfit / killer leaks are just terrible.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options

I like those leaks, because they prevent me from doing hasty and stupid purchases (both shards, and auric cells). With so such a long timespan between me being hyped for things, and the things actually coming out, I have enough time think twice, and wonder "Do I really need that killer/survivor/outfit? Or should I just save my shards/money for actual cool stuff?".

• RWoodrow
    RWoodrow Member Posts: 270
    Options

I believed it was a leak when Ash was leaked on console.

Releasing the dev build, right after Ash was leaked though? I doubt it was an accident. I think both were intentionally "leaked" to garner free publicity and generate buzz.

• BlackReaper
    BlackReaper Member Posts: 134
    Options
  • HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Options

Who cares? Leaks aren't going to destroy your game experience. For me it doesn't matter if bhvr officially announced stuff or smart people leaked it. Information is information, simple.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Options

Yeah, I don't like them too. They are kinda like spoilers, a little one every once in a while can keep you interested, but too much just ruins the enjoyment/hype.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited May 2019
    Options

Well, to shine light on a bad situation, @Peanits said they don't keep all of their eggs in one basket. Therefore, we can deduce that the leaks aren't everything.

It's the first comment in this thread:

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

Yeah they are way too ######### leaky for sure. Someone needs to patch up their broken ass boat.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options

Im hoping to see so much more then what has been leaked... with charms we know they are coming to the game but what do they actually do?... how do we get them?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

It will more than likely slow down anyway.

Reason i think it's a lot right now is cause the anniversary is coming up.

Don't take my word for it, but it'll slow down afterwards.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

BHVR does need to put a plug on the leaks, it's getting kinda absurd now.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650
    Options

Highly doubt these leaks are 'accidental'.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,051
    Options

It will die down as soon as there isn't anything left anymore in the leaked devbuild to find.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

@Freudentrauma Guess I'll drown then :/

• TheShape78
    TheShape78 Member Posts: 712
    Options

Totally agree. I like a rare leak as much as the next guy, but this is just ridiculous . They REALLY need to do something to prevent any further leaks in the future. It really ruins the surprise, which is what I like. Surprise reveals that legitimately excite me are VERY rare, but these constant leaks sure aren't helping.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

Stop crying.

I don't mind the leaks. I'm still really excited. It's this current gaming generation that complains so much man.

If nothing leaked then all of you complaining would be crying about something else... how we need more content, or how you can't stand the wait... or something.

It leaked. It's great. It's going to be awesome. Stop.

• SlickSal
    edited May 2019
    Options

@Dwight_Confusion I guess we shouldn’t hold the people who make our game to a higher standard huh? And the whole generation argument is just silly.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Yea I know there are so many leaks that I think the ship might sink soon.

• CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625
    Options

It's crowd control, marketting in the guise of a "leak."

And you fell for it.

• SlickSal
    edited May 2019
    Options

@CallMeSpidey I highly doubt they intentionally meant to leak it. It would get more traction as a formal announcement rather than a leak.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650
    edited May 2019
    Options

Are you telling me that the Dev team are that incompetent that they didn't even check what build the PTB was before giving it to players?

Surely you would check what build you are uploading. It's not like they close their eyes and point to a random build and say, "Yep, let's upload this one."

No. It was intentional.

• Schwifty
    Schwifty Member Posts: 70
    Options

dbd leaks have almost turned into a meme, I bet the dev managers set kpi's to their staff to leak at least one thing per patch

• SlickSal
    Options

@CronaWins I meaaaaaan I don’t wanna be that guy, but it’s Behavior and they’ve done several questionable things.

• Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403
    Options

Honestly i cinda feel the same like i wanna be suprised aswell.

But the devs are trying their BEST and i love the game and whil always keep supporting it

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options

Dropping leaks is an easy way to get free advertising from the playerbase

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Yep, I'm well past the "OH MY GOD IT'S GHOSTFACE I WANT HIM TO LOOK COOL" phase, and already into the "Well I don't have any reason to buy cosmetics until they make a cloak that looks like the original" phase.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,678
    Options

It feels like incompetence on Behaviour's part. I have a hard time believing that this is part of a strategy. I can see the occasional slip. But it really is just expected at this point. I would honestly be more surprised if they actually released content that wasn't spoiled ahead of time.