Freddy's terror radius after rework

kermit_snacc_choke
kermit_snacc_choke Member Posts: 303
edited May 2019 in General Discussions

Just speculating if Freddie's lullaby terror radius is gonna be the same after the rework, cuz we dont know if dream state is still gonna exist in the rework, which i doubt it will. If it was it'd be weird to have a killer terror radius where it has children singing whilst in a chase, wouldn't be thrilling or scary, freddy may be fully visible or invisible after the reworm. I wonder if the devs have changed the terror radius theme tune, hopefully something more freddy themed.

Edit: nevermind I just realised that the lullaby IS freddys theme tune (never watched nightmare on elm street) but apart from that, isn't the problem that he had to use his power to even hit survivors? And that dream state was super easy to get out of?

Post edited by kermit_snacc_choke on

Comments

• kermit_snacc_choke

Oh I didnt know lol, but wasnt the whole problem with freddy is that he had to use his power to even be able to hit survivors?

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

Yeah, that's why people are expecting them to change how that works while retaining the concept of Freddy hunting you in your dreams.

• letuce
    letuce Member Posts: 89

It's only a problem for people who don't play Freddy, otherwise it's not an issue at all.

Let's say I'm playing trapper, and I'm walking to a gen. And a survivor sees me and starts running, how many seconds will it take before I can actually hit them?

• kermit_snacc_choke

Huh. Never thought about it like that. Wait so then in reality his power is just "you do everything slower" then? No wonder why ppl are asking for a rework/buff

• I_Eat_Worms
    I_Eat_Worms Member Posts: 324

in the year 3 stream trailer, you can see a clip with freddy in the dream world hitting someone, and another where he is outside of the dream world picking up a meg

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 700

His actual power is pretty strong. When you put a Survivor to sleep, so long as they remain in the dream world, you see their aura at all times unless they are in your terror Radius, essentially a built in Deerstalker. If a Freddy knows what they're doing, you will be spending the game crawling around until either everyone is down and hooked or you die.

Freddy is only a weak tier killer because of how easy it is for Survivors to wake themselves up (blow a gen, fail a heal skill check, Adrenaline, other Survivors), and the sheer fact that it takes 7 seconds to put a Survivor to sleep, which gives Survivors plenty of time to finish a gen, cleanse a totem, finish opening the exit gate, get to a good looping spot.

• letuce
    letuce Member Posts: 89

That and he sees their aura while outside his terror radius, which is shorter than the average's killer.

He is a pain to go against, and that's why needs a rework. A good Freddy will make it impossible to finish the last gen.

Most of my Freddy games, survivors get to gen rush the 4 first gens, but will hardly get the 5th done.