The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

2 solutions to SWF

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

yes this would be wonderful idk about 3 idc cause I don't dodge as killer personally but 1 and 2 I agree with I've been accused of swf by the killer so many times it's funny so it works both ways.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited May 2019

@KillermainBTWm8

I would dodge SWF like no tomorrow if I knew they were SWF in lobby and there was no drawback.

Some people prioritize fun/easy games over BP.

• Meme
    Meme Member Posts: 275

YES! That way I can put on better add ons if I see it is swf.

• vampire_toothy
    vampire_toothy Member Posts: 381
    edited May 2019

The problem with adding restrictions to SWF is the fact that you start punishing people who simply want to play with their friends. Toxicity is bound to happen and is not exclusive to people who play SWF.

The best solution to SWF is just to properly balance the other aspects of the game like fixing up broken maps and making more killers viable to have different tools that will help them gain an edge over coordinated groups.

• Visionmaker
    edited May 2019

First, you are intended to use your best addons and offerings. 4/5 times, you will destroy teams with an ebony, meta perks, and two ultra rares/very rares. If you don't, then honestly, you're either tilted or not very good.

Second, no one wants to play versus SWF. The point is to force you to, in exchange for being prepared for them.

Besides, I bet you can't even tell who's SWF when you dodge. If they're really tryhard, they'd just hide their profiles.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814
    edited May 2019

Just make swf visible in lobby. Also we should be able to tell apart 2 groups of 2 from 4man.

Killers will use basic stuff on randos and iridescents on 4man groups.

Every problem solved this way.

Edit: Also queue should be back and the more person dodges (killer or surv) the longer his next waiting time.

@Banshee Its swf and communication that is problem. Its basically free kindred and unlimited Bond for entire team. That's 8 more slots for perks like borrowed, ds, deliverance per trial.

This is game about time management and taking risks based on lack of info (go for save ore not? Is it stealth killer?). Swf or kindred breaks that completely and make genrush really easy with no real risks.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

Best solution:

Give solo players all the infos SWF players have via interfaces (SWF also have these informations)

Give killers blood point bonuses after the game

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

Yes /\.... the idea is to bring solo to the level of SWF and then buff killers after... this is what bhvr is trying to do

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,046

Lobbydodging should be penalized anyway. Killers are not only Lobbydodging because of SWF. Sometimes it is one brown Medkit with brown Add-Ons... Or even paid cosmetics. Yeah, sorry for supporting the game you play.

Personally, I would go for a BP-Bonus for Killers. BP-Bonus for Survivors for not bringing items is kinda meh, most of the Survivors dont bring Items anyway and not every SWF is a Squad with Insta-Heals and Flashlights.

Also the Killer should be able to see afterwards if they faced a SWF or not. Not before. I think then some Killers will see that they did not lose to a 4 man SWF but to 4 Solo players... Especially those guys who go against 4 man SWF "every game".

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

@Sairek that's simply not true. They're rare, and what's rarer are the tryhards. Most SWF groups are just that, groups of friends playing for fun, probably getting caught on an unhook, etc. Its the randoms that usually teabag and taunt when theyve managed to win without being an actual group. They feel like they're better because they did it "as a solo" so they want to really rub it in.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited May 2019

Both of these changes are completely meaningless. They do nothing to address the problem whatsoever.

Even without items the SWF are still broken and most of us couldn't care less about extra blood points. We want fun games, not to be rewarded for playing unfun games.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716

Lmao, number 1 is very irrelevant.

Even if they couldn't bring in items, they'll all just use Shiny Coin as a offering and/or use Plunder's to get good items.

So that solution makes no sense at all.

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917

Option 3: Git gud

• gaymer504
    gaymer504 Member Posts: 40

My sister moved across the country last summer, and one of things we still do together is chill and play some swf. DbD as it is now can already be stressful, and tbh adding restrictions to swf would probably cause us to move on to a new game. I wouldn’t 100% quit the game, but I’m not playing to stress too hard and sweat. This is what’s we ended up doing last week after getting dodged, I kid you not, seven games in a row. I think a lot of players feel the same way, and I think the stats back me up too. 4 man swf only have a 50% survival rate, which seems accurate because I still regularly get demolished while playing with friends.

• Ghost_Potato
    Ghost_Potato Member Posts: 59

I still say just make a sound explosion at location of the mic input.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428
    edited May 2019

So what about toxic Non-SWF?

People that are toxic will be toxic. Not saying it's ok, but this is a pvp setting, you are bound to have players (especially those that are winning) try to trigger the other side regardless of the reason behind it.

Taking away items is not a solution to stop toxicity. Also, what about the non-toxic players who play SWF? They should be punished for someone acting toxic? I don't think so.

Just do your best to have fun and move on to the next match if you don't. There is no guarantee that you won't find toxic people as (again) this is a pvp setting.

• Visionmaker
    edited May 2019

@Sairek

Okay. That's not a balance issue, but I'll amend my suggestion then:

Option 2:

• Significant bloodpoint bonus
    • Killers see who is in SWF
    • Dodging is significantly penalized
    • Repeated, intentional, and pattern of D/Cing is punished, as intended
    • Text chat harassment is punished, as intended
    • Low priority queue for dodging, d/cing. Suspensions for abusive communication.
  • Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

This thread is more sad proof that too many people think casual gameplay should be the basis for balance rather than optimal gameplay. Which wouldn't be so problematic if Behavior themselves weren't on the same mindset.

Saying we should balance against people who aren't trying instead of people playing at optimal capacity follows a faulty line of logic.

• smappdooda
    smappdooda Member Posts: 544

The biggest complaint I hear about SWF is how it affects rank, ponts, etc. Some of us give no $#!%$ about that stuff and just wanna play a game. I'd be happy to have that option. Pure solo that doesn't affect pips, rank, leveling up etc.