Survivor mains will not like but...

Options

As they are all so brave to stand 1 step away from the exit and taunt the killer why not change it to as long as Blood Warden is not active just standing in the Exit gate and not leaving speeds up the EGC. I know its going to hurt all the brave survivors who stand there hitting the CTRL key as they are 1 step away from freedom but hey you slow down the timer when a survivor is downed so why not speed it up when they are refusing to leave? And before you ask yes I am ready for downvotes from you survivor mains who are going to be insulted that you cant be on the brink of safety and not just leaving the game.

That or just like how killers get an emblem penalty for camping someone on the hook give an emblem penalty to survivors for not leaving. Having a game where all 4 survivors are standing in the exit for 2 mins so they can prove how brave they are 1 step away from the exit is really kind of ... boring. Just leave you have won move on so we can all get on to the next game.

Comments

• Chewy102
    Chewy102 Member Posts: 613
    Options

But it is only 4 minutes max. Compare that the near infinite amount of time people could do hatch stalemates or waiting at a gate from before, 2-4 minutes is nothing. But only this time it is the Survivor being forced to wait.

The way I read posts like yours is that it was perfectly fine to force the Killer to wait before and waste their time. By the moment you have your time wasted, it's scorched earth responses.

• letuce
    letuce Member Posts: 89
    Options

I downvoted because of clickbait title, not because of me being a survivor.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

There are a bunch of reasons for not leaving immediately. Most of those reasons have nothing to do with trolling you.

Also you don't lose emblem points if another survivor is in proximity.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

Honestly with the EGT I don't care if they want to stand there and t-bag as I have the option to get a hit/points or literally just wait the timer and not give them the satisfaction. I don't think the OPs suggestion is really a focus BHVR needs to work on right now.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    edited May 2019
    Options

@AsheruSwiftwind

Don t worry man I gotcha covered

Upvote+1

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

While I agree the original complain in this post seems silly and the solution is exactly as you stated, lets remember that the EGT only exists because of survivors holding games hostage for the past few years.

I don't clump every survivor into this category but it is the reason I won't take any complaints about being slugged seriously.

• AStupidMonkeyy
    AStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718
    Options

Why you got to insult people? It's a forum? Show some respect or get off the internet. No one has time for an internet warrior attacking people. If you don't like something, say why then downvote and move on. Don't call them names. You gotta call people names on a forum then, you are the one who needs to stop getting butthurt over someone else's post.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited May 2019
    Options

I really don't see how that is at all relevant. Furthermore, EGC was created for a myriad of reasons and holding the game hostage is far down the ladder.

Let's not encourage the OP by pretending it is anything more than just a matter of undeserved pride.

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476
    edited May 2019
    Options

“Created for a myriad of reasons and holding the game hostage is far down the ladder”

That’s literally all it’s good for though

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

My god, don't let it get to you. There's no need to buff a pretty strong perk. And that's from a killer main.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Options

It made end-game more exciting. It gave more end-game control to the killer and buffed all end-game perks. It limited the duration for taunting. It ended the hatch standoff.

Survivors swapping lockers for half an hour out of spite is as rare as it sounds. It is not the primary reason they created the EGC.

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476
    edited May 2019
    Options

Yeah believe or not, a timer that starts after an exit gate has already opened and slows down when someone is downed doesn’t actually give a Killer that much extra control—especially when it can be negated by just 99’ing the gate and then opening it when the time is right.

Sure, the hatch standoff removal was nice, but outside of that, it genuinely does nothing other than giving the Killer the option to ignore Survivors teabagging at the exit gates without the punishment of not being able to leave the game.

It also gives Survivors the opportunity to deny a Killer a 5 gen 4k with luck alone, so that’s a thing.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

@Poweas ? He doesn't wanna buff a perk, he wants to speed up the timer if a survivor/survivors are near open exit gate.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

@Milo he wrote this though?

'As they are all so brave to stand 1 step away from the exit and taunt the killer why not change it to as long as Blood Warden is not active just standing in the Exit gate and not leaving speeds up the EGC.'

I thought he was referring to a Blood Warden change.

• AsheruSwiftwind
    AsheruSwiftwind Member Posts: 156
    Options

I knew survivor mains were going to knee jerk react to this. Next time understand what people want to prevent. I would love to see a way to avoid the Slugging in the EGC as well as avoiding the idiots Tbagging at the exit. Its a non ending cycle of survivors and killers both mistreating the other and then trying to get back at them by being a poor sport. Both sides are guilty and yet some players aren't jerks but get treated poorly, continuing the cycle.

Just in this post you can tell the people who are Survivor mains and who's mentality is to attack anyone who isn't demanding buffs to survivors. Standing right next to the exit is the issue, you are not brave by doing that and when you get bonus points cause you get knocked out to safety for the Escape is the issue. But feel free to keep attacking me rather than trying to talk the issue out.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

T-bagging bothers you? Just force them out.

Calling everyone a X main because they disagree with you won’t get your voice heard.

• Milo
    Options

@Poweas i thought he was just.refrencing.BW to prevent someone from asking "BuT bLoOd WaRdEn"

• Milo
    Options

@AsheruSwiftwind hah. Okay. But see you only mentioned the prevention of survivor standing at gates.

Nowhere before you said about slugging.

But the worst.thing? You didnt even try to answer some posts, just decided to "attack" us aswell

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    Options

@TreemanXD If you go to force them out you have to see the tea bagging though.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    edited May 2019
    Options

@SenzuDuck Some people actually care about how they are treated. Some prefer good sportsmanship.

If someone is rude to me i'm going to be offended. This behavior is also supported by streamers who call their opponents bad and babies while mocking how they play.

This ######### negative behavior needs to die.

Just because it doesn't hurt you it doesn't mean it doesn't hurt other people.

• BiaNoYami
    BiaNoYami Member Posts: 25
    edited May 2019
    Options

@ClogWench @Dehitay

• "You can force them out. You aren't forced to wait the full 2 minutes."
    • "The amount of people that haven't figured out this very obvious solution is just absolutely mind boggling (...)"

It's not a killer's job to force survivors out. Killers are in a match to kill and prevent the survivors from leaving.

It's the survivors' job to escape, and it's rude not to leave and taunt the killer instead. Simple as that.

Then again: many killers can still get Bloodpoints by using their powers. Not too many Bloodpoints, but it's something. While the survivor just wastes their own time standing by the gate and not getting anything out of it while the killer stays far enough away. (Except perhaps a false sense of how amazing their ego is.) And you bet if I play killer, I won't even go near the gates if I know you're there. I'm not gifting you points on a silver platter for being kids who don't know when enough is enough.

So... I guess the killer does win in this particular standoff, in a way.

Sincerely,

a survivor main

Edit: If you stay at the exit gates for tactical reasons - for example if there are still teammates left injured or on a hook - obviously this is okay. You might be considering saving them. No problem.

But that is not what we're talking about here. We're talking about openly BMing, hence the word OP as well as I used - "taunting" - and OP's example of all four survivors lingering at the gates.

Post edited by BiaNoYami on
  • Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    Options

Dude I know bm is annoying but this change is unnecessary. Two mins isn't very long, just roam around, break pallets, or just kill time.

• AsheruSwiftwind
    Options

People want to move on to the next game. I play for 3 hooks on each survivor and refuse to tunnel. I always go for the one who saved the guy on the hook. The only time I don't is when I'm streaming and someone gives me something like an insidious bubba basement challenge. And even that I don't honestly enjoy but I do it because it was requested. If its EGC and I down you, your going stright to the hook I am not going to watch you slug on the ground that isn't the type of player I am and I know its done far too much right now the question is why not just improve the reward for the killer to give them incentive to hook rather than slug. Currently you get 500 points when the entity kills the player and 500 points when you get the late sacrifice. What some players fail to understand is you get 250 for the late hook too but 750 points is nothing compared to the 2000 survivors get for the late safe. Increase the points and make it worth the killers wild and you will see a lot less slugging.

Unless the survivors are running MLGA (Which shouldn't be allowed in the first place, but thats a different discussion all together) they have no idea what kind of killer they are going against. But when they have clearly won, All 5 gens are done, the killer opened one of the gates, just leave. If you beat me, you beat me I am going to use what you did and try and learn from my mistakes for a later game. Either a emblem penalty or a faster timer would move the game along to the next match and I think they also need to look at slugging the last survivor/whole team as well.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

It's someone spamming ctrl on their keyboard, stop being so overly dramatic.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    edited May 2019
    Options

@SenzuDuck Thats equivalent to saying it's just a word when someone says something offensive/rude/racist/anti Semitic

It is indeed that but its the meaning behind it that is insulting.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    edited May 2019
    Options

@SenzuDuck Ok go around giving people the middle finger then. It doesn't mean anything you're just raising your finger after all, correct?

• Seanzu
    Options

After all, doing things in real life vs a video game is TOTALLY the same thing.

I'm sure if I went around crouching infront of people they'd be TOTALLY upset and call the police on me for being racist and anti-semetic.

4Head

• AsheruSwiftwind
    Options

SenzuDuck I know your a survivor main and in all view points in your stream you favor survivors but really please dont come here and fight with someone in the thread. Not all killers are dicks to players and not all survivors are either but when survivors are sitting in the exit being a dick to the killer regardless of how the killer played most killers just want to move on to the next match. We are already going to have to wait 5-8 mins for the next match. Just leave and move on. Like I said I don't know how they could change the killer slugging the last player issue but I would like to see that changed as well. Like I said a bit more points for the late kill might make it more incentive to put the final person on the hook and move the game along as well. Its both side delaying the game that is the real issue.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    Options

You already get more points for actually hooking rather than letting them die by EGC. It doesn't make a difference.

@SenzuDuck I know all too well what it's like to actually play both roles and be split in this way. I wish more actually tried to see it from both sides.

• BiaNoYami
    BiaNoYami Member Posts: 25
    edited May 2019
    Options

And you start empathizing a little more.

While the original post is about teabagging, the overall issue is much bigger than that.

It's also about namecalling and verbal insults which often occur. Even if we assumed it was solely about teabagging - the meaning and intention behind it is what counts. And usually it's of toxic nature and done merely to mindlessly ruin another person's fun.

Perhaps even their day which they were actually trying to relax from by playing a game; you never know what kind of person is sitting behind the screen. And condoning bullshit like BMing - whichever form it takes - is being ignorant of this and insensitive. You're nothing more but a bully who - for some reason unknown to me - feels like they have to prove their meaningless, virtual joke of 'dominance' to someone.

Is your self-esteem so low you have to rub it into other people's faces by BMing or calling names and can't even follow a request to play nice that some people ask you for? Or simply accept that there are people different from you who do feel offended or hurt by certain things you might consider small?

Hurt or anger, for example, don't always feel the same for everyone in terms of intensity. Respect that.

Who are you to judge and tell someone they're oversensitive when you don't even know them and what's on their mind?

Victim blaming at its finest.

And while games and RL are obviously two different things, your personality doesn't magically change. You are you, no matter the instance. By which I mean that if you are an insensitive jerk to people on the web, you likely have no problems behaving similarly IRL. (The only difference is you can easier get away with it on the internet. Bless anonymity, hm?)

I could've worded all this a bit friendlier, but honestly, I'm too fed up with ignorant idiots at this current moment. I'm out of patience for people of this kind. You deserve everything of this calibre that's coming to you.

• Seanzu
    edited May 2019
    Options

I tbag when killers are camping because their ego can't handle it and usually stop camping to chase, it's a pretty good tactic.

"You deserve everything of this calibre that's coming to you."

Maybe you should tbag me in a video game, that'll really upset me.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited May 2019
    Options

Can you please use the term 'victim blaming' appropriately, at the very least? No one is doing that here and it's offensive that you would use the term so liberally.