Unpopular Opinion: seeing survivors pre-game

Sythalin
Sythalin Member Posts: 280

Survivors don't get to see the killer pre-game, so in all fairness the killer shouldn't be able to see the survivors.

Comments

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

Unpopular is right, so having a full team of say... gen rushing toolbox users shouldn't have some sort of preparation with it?

The reason Survivors don't see the Killer is because a lot of them have weaknesses that can be fatal to their powers, builds, or overall game-play. Having Survivors know what the killer is will throw all of that out of balance, and matches will be much less fun for Killer and eventually Survivors as well.

• Gengarism
    Gengarism Member Posts: 24

Fine... But then they need to remove the ability to see survivors' usernames. It's ridiculous that killers can target players they don't like with a mori (common in red ranks) while the survivors will have no way to deal with that.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

DbD is inspired by slasher flicks, where killers stalked their victims. It'd make no sense for killers not to know who the victims are.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

So if we want "equality", then Survivors can't see eachother either and can't talk to eachother, right?

I mean yeah, friends can talk to eachother in other ways, but that's outside of the game, so that can't be stopped.

Still, to come across as fair, which is what you want, we'd need to strip solo Survivor players from being able to see and talk to others.

And that's a no from me.

This idea itself also gets a no from me, btw.

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

Seeing the survivors is fine.

Seeing names and having easy access to profiles, is not fine.

• Carpo
    Carpo Member Posts: 19

Just to add to the chorus here.

Imagine survivors and killers able to see each other, And both sides constantly changing things for a whole minute to counter what the opposing side has.

It's not gonna make things fair, it's gonna be a lot of people switching things for a minute until the game starts.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

How about nobody can see the others. Killer can't see the survivors. Survivors can't see the killer or each other. Also remove pretty game chat on PC. That way everyone goes in blind. I'd argue to let killers see the survivors, but practically anytime they see a tool box they dodge.

My second idea is to remove names from the pre game lobby.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

There's a huge difference in the killer seeing the survivors verses the survivors seeing the killer.

With the Killer all he has knowledge of is what Items the survivors are bringing, That's it.

Now if you give the survivors the option to see the killer before the match it would change the game completely since Survivors have access to perks that can counter a killers power. You're facing a spirit or doctor? everyone brings calm spirit. Legion? Everyone brings no miter. Hag or Wraith everyone brings a flashlight and so on

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

Survivors shouldn’t se see the Killer.

We have gone through that two years ago.

They can see more, like their profiles and names. That’s the problem.