Do you find playing on console hard?

drunky26
drunky26 Member Posts: 686
edited May 2019 in General Discussions

You know, with a controller.

I'm a pc gaymer all my life, I've never owned a console thus never actually needed a controller. Just recently I got one to play rocket league and it got me thinking, in a game like dbd where your movement really matters especially when looping and juking, is it hard to play as survivor or hit hatchets as a huntress or generally is it hard to control your character? It would be a nightmare for me so I want answers from people that already play on consoles.

Weird question.

Comments

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Well I've never played dbd on PC so it's hard to compare. From what I've seen of PC players though, they can move much easier and more precisely then console. So I'd say yes it's probably harder.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

On PS4 I don’t have much trouble but I play a dbd copy on Roblox and I could barely look behind me!(it had the same controls as pc dbd) I find pc really hard to play with.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Since I own both PC and xbox it really depends as a survivor it can be easier to juke killers because of the sensitivity differences aswell as frame rate drops but those are very minor things and console players adapted so it isn't noticeable at all.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,881

Not at all.

• IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672

Biggest issue on console for me is that Nurse and Huntress are much harder to play than on PC, which is a problem considering that they are 2 of the best killers on PC.

• CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625

I find trying to solo queue as survivor hard.

Gameplay and mechanics come natural to PS4 players like myself.

• KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747

Absolutely. Controllers sensitivity doesnt go high enough. 360's are stupidly annoying on console. Survivors can turn char. Model faster than killer can rotate camera.

• IronWolf115

Yes, because obviously a controller doesn’t have anywhere near the precision as mouse and keyboard does, and right now the console version has a cap on how high your sensitivity can go, so it is really hard to do a quick snap around hit after, say, a Nurse blink. Beyond that though I don’t have too many problems with console.

• CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625

Framerate too.

My God, framerate drops to 10fps with Nurse.

• ApeOfMazor
    ApeOfMazor Member Posts: 471

Its much easier to be juked as killer and lose the survivors since you cant just snap around like on PC.

• chuckles5009
    chuckles5009 Member Posts: 24

Playing survivors is no problem. fine.

But the killer is suffering.

That's why console survivors can't find the game.

Devs should increase the sensitivity of the controller.

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

Consoles have a higher skill cap than PC for sure. Low sensitivity , frame drops which have been reduced those past update make it difficult. survivors is way more easy while killers suffer.

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    edited May 2019

GG bud i used to be a great nurse players but lery's/ Rotten fields is too much for me.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

@xllxENIGMAxllx

Léry's and Rotten Fields are a nightmare on console, but I still manage to get a 3k or a 4k.

• toxik_survivor
    toxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,184

If you want to get good with nurse on console, like the professional pc dbd players you have to be very dedicated to her. PC much easer.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147

Console is easier with movement. Now.. That being said, Struggling with the Entity on 2nd Hook IS WAAAAAY Better on PC.

I had to hook up a Keyboard to my console and SMASH that Space Bar because the A button was killing me and felt unnatural...

But since my Keyboard got broken (Accidentally spilled water... ;-;)

I have to button Mash "A" XD

• xllxENIGMAxllx

@NMCKE congrats i need a lot of practice but never get those maps. i'm great but those maps i don't understand how we can even kill one due to lack of visibility.

• IronWolf115

Ah nice, I just stick em all in the basement as Bubba and watch the chaos unfold.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

Not at all