Is the new Deathgarden worth the 10$?

Options
MemberBerry
MemberBerry Member Posts: 394

Seems absurdly hard to find survivors, but idk.

Comments

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899
    Options

It's hard to find survivors cause you can kill them immediately after you down them. I can't tell you if it's worth to buy it. Play now during the free weekend and see if you like it.

• krayziek
    krayziek Member Posts: 21
    edited May 2019
    Options

I think it is. There are something’s that need tweaking. But I’ve had fun with it. And played over 6 hours today and only 1 DC. I haven’t had any problems finding scavengers. Usually about 1-2 minutes and the gate is ready to open.

• PalletOrWhat
    PalletOrWhat Member Posts: 265
    Options

Only 1 DC in 6 hours ? Imagine the amount of DC's in 6 hours DbD.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

Game looks ugly though. Very unimaginative character models and animations. I don't think I'd buy it.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    edited May 2019
    Options

they have Terminator so its worth

question is, do scavengers massively DC as well before being executed? @George_Soros

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

I doubt it.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

It has just over 2K players now, which will undoubtedly drop pretty well after the free weekend.

Idk about the gameplay, but unless you got some friends who want to play too, you'll probably not find many people afterwards.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options

Wait, new deathgarden? Did they remake it?

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

@ClogWench Yeah, they did. Same sort of gameplay but more personalized now. Plus, now they even have progression.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options

Not often you get to watch the same game flop twice.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

Is it on Console? I MAY consider buying it.

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649
    Options

Much, MUCH better than the original release. Much faster-paced than DbD. Quite balanced for an early/fresh release. It's fairly fun, I'll give it that. Very low amount of content to work towards right now, so unless that changes ASAP I see players dropping off like flies shortly after the free weekend expires. There's just not much to work towards as of right now.

I went ahead and just bought it through the Steam bundle alongside the DbD I already owned for $6.99 (+ tax). Disappointed to see the DbD masks one's supposed to get in DG:BH for doing so were nowhere to be found (grrr), but I don't regret the purchase.

If the player base doesn't nose-dive in a month, it feels like a good game to swing over to after a couple of bad back-to-back rounds of DbD Bully Simulator and release some tension.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

Yes imao new deathgarden is so much better then it used to be.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

If you already own dbd the game will only 6.99 and for 1.99 you get the T-800 Terminator dlc.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

I've only been playing Scavenger so far (because my controller using ass would get destroyed as Hunter) and i'm absolutely loving it. I'm digging all the changes to it, especially the class system and progression.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited May 2019
    Options

I tired it out on the free weekend. Was incredibly fun, but I'm wondering if the player base will stay after a couple of weeks.

I still think it's generic as ######### though.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    edited May 2019
    Options

So I've played several matches and I can safely say that if you like Dead by Daylight, you'll probably like Deathgarden: Bloodhunt.

Scavengers are the "Survivors" and they each have unique bonuses and powers. These help everyone find a character to love. You like Stealth? They have a stealth character. You like healing? They have a medic character. You like being in the hunter's face? They have a character with extra health and stamina for you. The whole objective is simple: gather blood, and stand near an obelisk structure to drop it off.

Hunters are the DBD killers. The difference is that they have guns, amazing map mobility, and the ability to just kill downed survivors on the spot. The queue times are nasty from my experience. But at least you get respect. Most, if not all scavengers will run from you like you're the nurse in this game. Overall the gameplay is similar to the "Kill Everyone" objective in Dead by Daylight. However, instead of finding someone, being looped, then partially killing them you just seek and destroy. It's find, down, kill.

Also the locker rooms are aesthetically contrasted (as they should be in the lore):

• DoctorFreaky
    DoctorFreaky Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2019
    Options

I got it when it was announced but never really enjoyed it before but I really love it now. Creating your own character to your own tastes is always nice. The game is much more balanced then DBD and I'm hyped just from the concept art because there going to make it a much darker game. I would wait for a sale though but then again thats how I buy everything so idk. I love playing runner and scavenger the most.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    Options

It's literally the same piece of garbage that flopped not a year ago, so...

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options