Licensed Killer Mains: Have you watched the movie your killer is from?

Options
lasombra1979
lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

I have been seeing comments more frequently. People who run a licensed killer but never seen any of the movies from the franchise they are from. If you are a licensed killer main, have you seen the movies? If not, why did you pick this killer to be your main?

Comments

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options

Pig is my second main, and I have seen all of her movies. However thats not the reason I choose to play her, its more her game stalling potential, and mindgame potential that makes her attractive to me. She is seriously underrated, if you ask me.

• TheShape78
    TheShape78 Member Posts: 712
    Options

I'm a Michael Myers main, it was the whole reason I bought this game in the first place. I have always been a huge Michael Myers Halloween fan, Myers being my favorite horror movie killer, and the original 1978 Halloween being my favorite horror film period. Needless to say, I have watched the entire franchise , and understand the character of Myers quite well, plus I know a lot about the behind the scenes, and just know the franchise well. Halloween also happens to be my favorite horror franchise , even though everything after Halloween 5 was garbage , in my opinion .

Now, they're about to add my second favorite horror movie killer, Ghostface. I've always loved the Scream films, except 4, that's easily my least favorite for reasons I won't go into here. The first was my favorite . They did Michael Myers justice based on the 1978 Halloween in DBD, I just hope the same can be said for Ghostface .

• lasombra1979
    Options

@TheShape78 Michael is my co-main(along with the Doctor) and I bought DBD solely for the Halloween DLC. I been a die hard fan of the franchise going on over 30 years now.

I was torn which to get when they came out on PS4, F13 or DBD. I think I made the right choice.

• TheShape78
    Options

Yeah man, I hear you. F13 was great when it first released, but now the only players left are trolls that ruin the experience , at least in my case. That's why I uninstalled it a couple months ago. It's really sad too. Honestly I was always preferred F13 over DBD, but I always liked DBD as well.The way things are now though, you'll get a much better experience with DBD.

• lasombra1979
    Options

I will be honest, I did not care for the gameplay in F13. The community was also much worse than ours is. I got the game when it was free with PS Plus and didnt bother playing more than a week. honestly

• TheShape78
    Options

Wow man, I couldn't put it down for 2 straight weeks when it first came out ha ha It had an addictive quality to it, at least for me.

• TheGameZpro3
    TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 699
    Options

I main Myers 3rd.

Haven't seen any of the Halloween movies.

I don't watch horror movies much, the only ones I remember watching is "Evil Dead," and I think "Wrong Turn," but that memory is so foggy I don't even know if it's real. Oh, and I also watched "Tucker and Dale vs Evil"

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    edited May 2019
    Options

It's funny for me because I started playing DbD before I watched much horror (had only seen the small stuff, not much of the classics, and only really SAW, scream and texas chainsaw massacre) and Michael became one of my favourite killers to play as and I was thinking "Okay let's watch the movie to see why I like this killer so much, feels a little bad to not even see what he's from if he's a favourite" and it's just been a spiral downwards ever since. Halloween became one of my favourite movies, Michael one of my favourite characters and from there I think I've binge watched all dbd licenced killer associated movies (plus F13 even though that's not included that was an experience, not an entirely good one but an experience.) and horror movie classics in general

Evil dead being the most recent and wow, watching these movies for the first time shows some haven't aged well but Evil dead 2 was okay.

@TheShape78 Your knowledge on the franchise must be amazing, I'm fairly new to the halloween fandom in comparison but became deeply obsessed fast (I guess it's a caveat of not growing up/being of appropriate age when a lot of these movies were big, we don't talk about the rob zombie remakes in my presence though, but out of morbid curiosity I'd like to know your opinion on them, hit me up on my wall/profile to chat about anything series related so we don't mess up this thread 😊)

• lasombra1979
    Options

@Kiskashi In regards to Evil Dead, keep in mind the first movie was extremely low budget and was made years before the great Bruce Campbell figured out how to act. Part of the charm of that film is its extreme low budget effects, horrible acting and overall 80s cheesy charm.

• mutabletiger4
    mutabletiger4 Member Posts: 185
    Options

I play a lot of Legion and Freddy, I've seen all the Nightmare movies (except for 7, I couldn't get through it). Freddy isn't even my favourite licensed character in-game, I just like playing him more than Myers. Pig is a close second though

• Kiskashi
    Options

@lasombra1979 Yeah, I watched one of those 7 things you may not know about Evil dead on YT (below) I love these movie trivia kind of things. The first movie was a bit of a snooze though but the second was interesting and I've heard the 3rd is better but most horror movies complete series are hard to come by where I live. I had to watch a stream of the F13 movies online because they only sell 1 then 8, 9,10 and the remake ???

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080
    Options

Only a few popular movies and crossovers, like Freddy vs Jason, Texas Chainsaw Massacre and a few Saw and Scream movies. Most movies were well before my birth (1992) and lately there are more parodies than horror movies. Tucker & Dale vs Evil, Scary movie etc

• lasombra1979
    Options

@Kiskashi Keep in mind I been into horror movies since the mid 80s so I been at collecting films for a while. Depending on where you live, you should absolutely be able to get the first 10 F13 and Freddy vs Jason on Blu-ray or DVD. I know Amazon used to have a box set of all the F13 movies plus the remake. I own the first 10 on VHS, the first two on Betamax, the first three on laser disc and all of them on Blu-Ray. We will not discuss my Halloween or Omen collections.

• Kiskashi
    Options

@lasombra1979 I had to get my halloween series on special order here, they don't even sell them in stores except the remakes 🤢. In my country as an entirety there isn't a lot of great places to get horror movie collections, if so they're mostly DVD and I collect on blu-ray. I managed to get the entire Nightmare on elm st collection as a box set here but like I said anything else is practically good luck, we also have evil dead 1/2 on blu ray but not 3??? I have the entire scream series on blu ray too. It's very inconsistent and mostly the older movies are harder to find without searching online and going region unlocked.

I was not even alive in the 80s so you definitely have the head start there (1997) all you horror fans make me feel like such a baby haha I'm definitely new to it but my collection is growing fast despite the lengths I have to go to get some.😂

• DoubleTap
    DoubleTap Member Posts: 218
    edited May 2019
    Options

I like Freddy but have never seen any of his original movies all the way through

• JESUS_CHRIST
    JESUS_CHRIST Member Posts: 313
    Options

For the most part i'm a live and let live guy that knows that it takes all sorts of people to make the world go around but saying Evil Dead didn't age well should be a bannable offense.

• Kiskashi
    edited May 2019
    Options

@JESUS_CHRIST That's fine, I get it's a cult classic kinda thing, but was that first movie really enjoyable, like really, really enjoyable, like not fall asleep level enjoyable? I know it was low budget but...the second movie was much much better to me as a first time watcher. Plus now thanks to the 2nd movie, I have the right to send this scene to anyone who asks me what the first 2 evil dead movies were about 😂 (this scene alone was A+):

• JESUS_CHRIST
    JESUS_CHRIST Member Posts: 313
    Options

I don't know if I can quantify really really super duper enjoyable or anything but as someone that has watched more horror than anything else it holds a special place in my blackened heart. I rewatched the original trilogy again and they're all sort of in their own lane. The first one is a strait forward horror movie with an 80's horror vibe that I can understand maybe not jiving with if you didn't grow up seeing other movies with a similar cheese to them. The second is a comedy/horror and does both well and probably why it's so many peoples favorite. The third is almost a strait forward comedy in a medieval setting with some horror elements.

I was disappointed when I first saw AoD but after 15 years I found it enjoyable after accepting it as its own sort of thing. I think that's the beauty of the trilogy really. Depending on where you're at mentally the next time you see them you can have a new favorite and even appreciate the one you once didn't even care for. Two was my favorite for a long time but I was more into the first one overall this last time around. The series only strengthened the ED legacy as well IMO.

• Kiskashi
    Options

@JESUS_CHRIST I can respect that, I definitely get how watching the same thing at different points in your life can change your view on them. Interesting points. 👍️ That's honestly what made the Nightmare on Elm st movies interesting to me, they weren't super good but they were certainly unique and had a strange charm compared to other horror/slashers (new nightmare can go burn though, that wasn't even a movie it was like a bad trailer that never ended), they were also partly horror comedy, especially when you look at Freddy vs. Jason, that was 100% comedy. I just wasn't a fan of the first Evil Dead on first view, it was just... strange and quite slow but of no real fault of it's own when you see the backstory of how that movie was made and how tight their budget was, but I guess that's evil dead. strange and an acquired taste, but interesting nonetheless.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    edited May 2019
    Options

Seen every SAW film on release except for the most recent one had to catch it online. Pig was my first killer purchase. Her style to me honestly fits this game more than any other killer. You have this giant trap zone full of broken down pallets and run around trying to escape this trap by solving and fixing generators, and picking up tools and flashlights to help. Adding jigsaw boxes and saw traps turns the game into a great escape horror flick. The only real thing thats missing from this game is random dangerous zone hazards.

Just imagine. Trap door floors, pallets with spikes on them! Generators laced with explosives so that if you fail a skill check it BLOWS YOUR FACE CLEAN OFF! Farm equipment thats rigged to grind up survivors if they screw up near it! 2nd story buildings with broken floors that injure you when you fall down them. Basements laced with trip wire that shoots spikes out of the wall if you touch it! The freezer room in the meat factory put a generator in it, you fail a skill check and the doors and windows close up and the survivor freezes to death!!!!

It all sounds crazy....but one can dream....

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,523
    Options

Hey, I'm onboard with the love for the first Evil Dead!!! If watching for first time now, I can understand audiences would b put off by some of the low production values, but for its achievements, the movie is up there with Bad Taste as a true cinematic miracle!

I watched ED2 with my Daughter a few weeks back and it blew her mind! AoD, I'm sure looks better today than the others but is pretty weak IMO.

Sorry if slightly OT, but read the word Betamax, saw Evil Dead needed some love and dived in!

I think the only movies I've not seen are the Scream ones, as I loathe Scream and feel it killed Horror in the 90s.

Boo hiss.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options

I main Freddy, well, used to, Ghostface will become my new main, but I've seen all of the licensed killers movies, Halloween, Texas Chainsaw, Saw, Nightmare on Elm Street, I havent seen all of the evil dead but I've seen Ash vs Evil Dead and of course Scream. I love our licensed killers!!!

• Kiskashi
    edited May 2019
    Options

Okay... but I actually like what scream tried to do, it took a "it could be anyone" approach, I think it gave a fresh perspective to horror/slashers, the first and last ones were actually good. It's a breath of fresh air in a genre that can become very repetitive after a while i.e. the creepy weird guy slasher style that's hunting teens relentlessly (3rd movie was trash though, I think that's widely accepted) Evil Dead (as a series of movies) was also a change from this, they all have unique good qualities to me. I think scream is one of my favourites but I guess it's the same to you with evil dead.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

I don't like horror movies and especially slasher movies. The only movie I've seen that a licensed Killer is from is Halloween. I main Pig because I love fighting for the dream of Reverse Bear Trap kills.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,004
    Options

I main Shape, thought I've never seen his movies since I can't find a copy of them anywhere, though I know the basic story and I have to say I love that classic stalk and slash style.

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398
    Options

My licensed main (Myers) seen every Halloween and I own every Halloween.

• DCh4rlie
    DCh4rlie Member Posts: 64
    Options

Wannabe Pig Main, yes but I don't really like them.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Options

I am a Freddy's fanboy since the '90. I love to play as Freddy and call everyone B***. I will play as him even if they nerf him to the ground and ends up being like a Street Fighter's Dan.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

Well I am not a Myers Main but if only licensed Killers would exist in this game then probably.

Watched Halloween (1978), Halloween 2, Halloween 4, Halloween 5, Halloween H20, Halloween Resurrection and Halloween (2018)