Dark Mist

In the game, either as a survivor or as the killer, you can lessen or thicken the Dark Mist.

What's its utility? With which killer does a Reagent work better? I'd like to get some examples, thanks in advance.

Comments

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

Wraith, Pig, Hag, Trapper, Myers, Ghostface.

Thick fog makes stealth and trap killers really scary.

• doitagain_
    doitagain_ Member Posts: 723

It’s utility is that you end up lowering the frame rate in the process.

• Carpo
    Carpo Member Posts: 19

It helps stealth and trap based killers as said above, it slightly helps other killers at a distance (very little tho).

On the survivor side, it helps survivors be stealthy, especially Claudettes.

I rarely see these offering used in my games as they aren't a huge advantage and most people use bloodpoint offerings.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

It doesn't really do much, to be honest. You can see right through it against stealth heroes. It's vaguely helpful for sight distance spotting, but you'll still see killers normally through it.

• Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922
  • Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

Thicker mist can be a huge problem on some maps for killers. If they are stacked they can really get in the way of someone's vision.

Ever since the 2.3 lighting changes the dark mist isn't as big a deal as it used to be.

Thick mist is good pretty much only for trap and stealth killers. Everybody else would rather have less mist.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

HotS*, but omfg I can't believe I made that typo. lol